Love Just Is [Yuri Chinen]

☆It's Your World☆

February 14 is one of the popular holidays in the calendar, the day when St. Valentines arrives, it is about expressing love to the person whom caught your heart. In different parts of the world we celebrate this holiday differently, in most countries boys give flowers to the girls as a sign of their affection, they sing for them to tell them what’s inside their hearts but in some parts it is the girls whom have to give something to the boy they like. Japan is one of those countries, they give chocolates to the young man that they are fond of.

Mostly girls are so eager with this event, perhaps it’s because they are girls beings whom loves romance that they wanted to give it their all when making this sweet. Though, there are some of the girls which were never pleased with this festivity . . .

As soon as the bell rang a certain girl started to fix her things. She didn’t really want to stick around specially when. . .

“Kyaaah!!! Chinen-kun would you accept this please? I made this myself.”

Too late, a bunch of girls entered their classroom without even knocking, rolling her eyes she went back to her own business.

“Anou, could you accept this too?” she heard yet another voice from the crowd of girls.

This time she was now ready to leave. She took her backpack and went to the nearest door only to be blocked by these girls, groaning the girl went to the other door but alas! There were too many girls.

Seriously! Don’t they know that the only way out is the door?

“Sumimasen” she excused, but no girl listened all were busy trying to give their homemade chocolate to the young lad inside.

“Sumimasen” she said now in a loud tone, but still how can they hear with all the squealing?

Her patience snapped that she stomped her feet loudly making them all stop. “YOU IDIOTS! WILL YOU GET OUT OFF MY WAY?!” She growled all girls looked at her with wide eyes even Yuri Chinen, the boy whom they were busy giving all their attention to.

“You could have asked nicely, Takamura-san.” They said referring to their sempai formally.

“Well my apologies little juniors but I did said ‘sumimasen’ a while ago and if a simple Japanese word such as like that cannot get through your thick skulls then sorry!” And with that she storm off the room.

All the girls were clueless at their sempai’s action. She was always so quiet and nice but this time I guess her patience must really have broke just like that. It bothered the young ones whom are fond of her but mostly it bothered the boy whom had starting to get close to melting her cold interior.

He bowed at the girls for apology and tried to catch up with his classmate, he saw her running to the stairs.

“Seri-chan!” he called out but she made no response instead she continued her pace. He ran this time hoping he could catch her at the bottom of the stairs but she too was fast that he needed to quicken his steps.

“Seri-chan!” he called out once again but the girl didn’t turn to his direction.

When he had the chance he grab hold of her hand. “Seri- -”

“STOP CALLING ME SO INFORMALLY!” She said and removed her hand from his grip. “Were not even close so don’t call me like you know me so well!”

“Why are you acting like this all of a sudden?” He asked. The girl didn’t answer and looked away.

“Are you mad at me?” Yuri asked as he looked at the girls face, the girl ran to another direction but was stopped by Yuri once more. “What did I do?” He held her hand again to prevent her from escaping.

“No I’m not mad at you.” She said with a cold tone. She looked at him emotionlessly “I just hate you that’s all.” She said flatly.

Upon hearing those words he was able to let go of the girl’s hand, his eyes widen that it showed hurt and surprise.

“I see.” He said. “It was idiotic of me to think that I was able to make you like me.” His voices sounded bitter.

“Though, can you tell me what you hate about me so much? I may not be able to fix it but at least I can apolo-”

“Everything. . .” she muttered emotionlessly.

“Oh. . .” the boy looked down.

“I hate everything about you because every single thing of you makes me fall in love all over again.” She said and went passed the boy as she rubbed her arm.

Those words made Yuri paralyzed, his feet were stuck to the ground as his mind tried to process those sentence bit-by-bit. That when he was able to come to his senses the girl was finally gone.

Looking around she’s nowhere in sight. He started to move once again, he needed answers but all he could gain was more questions.

When he found the girl she was seated on one of the swings of the old park near their school.

He approached the girl. “Don’t you know the single thing about privacy? I want to be alone, can’t you even perceive that?” She asked harshly.

He sat on the swing beside her.

“I just want to talk.”

“And that’s one thing that I don’t want to do.” With that she stood up and grabbed her things, but upon doing so she was handcuffed.

“What on-” She looked at Yuri with a pissed looking face.

“I did know that this would be useful someday.” He grinned “good thing I mange to bring this.”

“Let me go.”

“not until you give me answers.”

“I told you I don’t want to talk.”

“Then you’ll have to stay with me.” He smiled.

“What do you want to know? Didn’t I already answered your previous questions, isn’t that already enough?” She once again sat down.

“Why?”

“’Why’ what?” She asked.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier? I could’ve-”

“What? Rejected me? Dude, I know you like my friend and who am I to discourage you? I already know that Hikari is far more prettier than me, kind hearted, I’m just not like her. What else do you want me to do? Compete with my best friend?” The girl asked him. “I’d rather stay quiet it’s what I do best after all.”

He was speechless by that time. She was right, he did liked her friend and had even been jealous of his friend too for being chosen by the girl he had been crushing on.

“Sorry” was the only thing he said.

Shaking her head “You don’t have to say that. It’s not your fault I fell for an idiotic dense boy. I should blame myself for that”

Yuri looked at the girl and sighed, she was turning back to her cold self once again.

“Why are you being so harsh on yourself?”

“Naah, I’m always like this.” She said flatly.

“Don’t you have self confidence?”

“I do but I have my limits.”

The boy sighed again. He just can’t get through this girl. From the past days he thought he gotten through to her.

“If that’s all you wanted to ask me then you can let me go now.”

“You’re pretty too, in your own way.” Yuri said.

The girl was startled by what she heard. She raised her eye brow and gave him a look that says. ‘dude, you okay?’

“You don’t have to tell such lies, you idiot.” She said and just looked straight ahead, her black orbs gazing into nothingness.

“You should believe me, I never tell lies.”

A smirk crept onto the girls lips. “Tsk, coming from the guy whom always says sweet words to the girls around him.”

“I don’t say sweet words I say what’s true.”

“Then tell me what’s true for heaven sake and stop flattering me!”

Once again Yuri sighed. He’s near to giving up but-

“Fine, listen well coz for the first time your so called playboy will say the truth.”

A smirk once again appeared on the girl’s face. “So you heard me when I said that?”

“Of course geez, you can be so mean you know.” Yuri pouted.

The girl kept on smirking as Yuri cleared his throat.

 

 

“I think you’re pretty the way you would smirk rather than smile.

I know you’re beautiful when you smile once so innocently. Can I see you smile again?

I think you’re pretty the way you become mean to me.
But it’s beautiful the way you say those words hidden with care. Would you taunt me again?

I think it’s pretty that you never seemed to care when the wind plays with your hair.
But it’s beautiful the way it falls into place. Would you let me admire you once again?

I think you’re pretty because you think you can’t be beautiful.

But you’re beautiful just the way you are. Can you just be yourself and be mine once again?

Serenity blinked for a few times before she looked at the boy beside her. She was going to say something to the boy but stopped when she noticed the boy lean on her making their lips collide. Of course at that time who wouldn’t be shock? Thinking that it was an accident the girl was about to push the boy away, though she didn’t see the boy making any gestures of cutting the kiss in fact his eyes were closed. She closed her eyes as well.

When the two finally broke apart from each other the girl looked away. “You idiot that was my first kiss.” Her voice trailed off.

The boy grinned “Then that’s good, I had something that you can never give to anyone.”

“As if I’m like you who’ll kiss any guy I see.”

“Hey! I never kiss just any girl I see!”

“Yeah right.”

“Woman, you took my first kiss and you’re accusing me?”

“FYI, I didn’t take your kiss you gave it to me and FYI that wasn’t your first kiss I saw you being kissed by an older woman on TV.” She said sticking out her tongue.

“That’s on TV not reality.”

“A kiss is a kiss.” She smirked.

“I suppose you’re right, but there’s a difference. . .”

Serenity kept quiet as she looked at him.

“What I gave you was real than in television.”

Serenity blinked before she burst out laughing. Yuri looked at the girl in shock, he never did saw her laugh it was the first time he had seen this side of her. He didn’t even mind being laughed at he was just too astounded.

“You know you should read more books and try to pick up new words, that was lame dude, lame.” She said as she wiped her tears from laughing so hard.

Yuri just pouted. “Well sorry if that’s the only word that I can express.”

Shaking her she grinned at the boy. “Can you now remove the cuffs? Seriously it can hurt.”

Yuri complied and removed the handcuffs.

“We should head home now it’s getting dark.” She looked around to see the surroundings. Light posts were now being lit up and there weren’t any more people around.

Yuri nodded and stood up as the girl started to walk away. Sometimes things never change no matter how much he tries to alter it. He just caught up with the girl and held her hand.

“So were now a couple, right?” Yuri asked with a grin.

“Why are you happy with that?”

“Why aren’t you?”

“No.”

Yuri pouted “Mou! That’s mean.”

“I’m always like this.”

“You should start being nice to your boyfriend or he’ll find other girls to be with him.”

“As if I care, go ahead it’s not like I’m not used to it.”

“Would you just answer my question!” Yuri gave off a cute face, just like a child seeing his mother not buy the candy he wanted.

“What question?”

“Are we a couple or not?”

“Ohh.” She made a thinking pause before stopping. She gave a peck on his nose the wink after playfully saying “It’s up to you to decide.” With that she ran off.

When finally it was processed on his mind Yuri found the girl 3 meters away from him.

He couldn’t help but just smile. Maybe it was late to notice how he fell for this girl and not her friend. Maybe it was her all along and not her friend that he likes but one thing is for sure he treasured this girl. He wondered why this girl never sees what he sees. Shaking his head, maybe just maybe he could melt the ice surrounding her and maybe just maybe he could make her say I love you next time.

He was sure. . .much sure than anyone else. . .he did love this girl but failed to notice it.

He was an idiot . . .indeed he was.

“Hey stop dreaming about me and hurry up!” the girl said.

It made Yuri blushed the way this girl read his actions, she wasn’t confident but cocky. One of the things she caught his heart without any notice.

He ran towards the girl with a cheerful grin.

“Neh, aren’t you gonna give me chocolates?” Yuri said.

“baka! Those girls already gave you lots.”

“Well thanks to you I had forgotten to take them home.”

“Did I ask you to chase me?”

Yuri pouted “could you give a little appreciation?”

“No, have you heard me say any appreciation at all?”

“You have a point.”

The two stopped at the huge gate in front of them. The girl rang the door bell and immediately the gates were open.

“Well then ja ne.” She said and entered the gates.

The boy nodded and smiled. “Oh yeah, I almost forgot to return this.” She took the notebook from her bag and gave it to Yuri.

“Thanks but you could have just given it to me tomorrow.”

“Baka we have assignments.”

The boy smiled as he last saw the girl smile as well before the gate closed. He opened his bag to put his notebook inside only to find a box neatly wrapped with red wrapping paper. He took out the box and found a card that reads.

Baka,
Better be grateful I made this. Hope you have a Happy Valentine’s day.

Seri-chan

P.S. never say something about this or else you’re DEAD, got that D-E-A-D.

 

The boy laughed, Seri can just be so shy and never show it. He opened the box and found a chocolate curved boy, a chibi looking Yuri holding a heart with the numbers ‘143’

The boy only smiled and look up ‘Kami-sam arigatou gazaimasu’ he was more than happy to have met this girl. He wondered how many boys would fall for on her antics. He wondered how many boys will tell him how pretty she is but even if thousand of boys fall on their face when they gaze on her, no matter how many complements her they will never have what he had. He had her first kiss and that was something special no boy can attain.

---------------------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed it minna