Second

RIDDLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You know where I am good at aside from learning different languages yearly, aside from solving complex math problems, aside from writing literary works and aside from leading people into the correct path?

 

Avoiding problems.

 

I'm a professional when it comes towards that area. In fact I have set a record of dodging a problem for five years already and I have no plan of breaking that record now. Not now when I am already graduating high school. Not now when I have made a name for myself. Not now when I already conquered my dreams and lived a peaceful life. Not now when everything's perfect.

 

Not now. Or never.

 

That's why I am now peacefully strolling across what's left from our school park after the fire from last year ate it up like a hungry baboon, pushing the empty plank of wood in the seesaw, even though it is past five minutes already from seven. I mentally calculated how long it will take for Mr. Franks to gather everyone in the room, babble some nonsense "Welcome back to school greeting" in that monotone voice of his even though he barely makes it look like he was happy to see us, and introduce the newly transferred students before I make my grand entrance.

 

And 7:10 is just the right timing for that plan.

 

To kill time, I spun around in circles until I became dizzy. The school slowly started blurring as I pick up speed. When I knew I'll have concussion from spinning to much, I stopped and laid in the ground. My eyes hurt from the direct view of the sun's displayal of hotness, so I decided to block it using my right hand. As I did so, the sleeve of my uniform showed some skin. I turned it over and saw my own silent battle tattooed in my wrist. 

 

Before my mind wandered off into deep thoughts that may or may not haunt me for the rest of I day, I stood up. I shook off invincible  dusts away, from my skirt, took a deep breathe and carried that confidence only I could bear, and strutted as if a prince in his chariot is waiting for me.

 

When I arrived in our room, which was located at the third floor, nearest to the stairs, the hallway is already empty, which made me pre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter