T-Shirt

Living in Baekhyun's Atmosphere

I sighed and caressed my forehead, hoping the headache would go away. I’ve been helping my friend Jun Mo, to edit his video for like two days non-stop. He works as PD, just like me, we’re just placed in different division. I’m helping him to finish his work since he is dying. Not really dying actually. But he is really sick.

“Min-ah, it’s three in the morning.” I heard JunMo’s voice behind me. I found him resting his head on the door, trying to look okay so I wouldn’t be worried of him with that pale face. “You should go home.”

“Yeah, and leaving  you alone with that pale face and this tasks that need to be done tomorrow, and letting you do this so you can’t rest and die?” I said without any space so he wouldn’t cut me off, “No.” I continued with poker face. Although I’m very tired (exhausted to be exact) I’d never let my best friend suffering himself alone.

“Min-ah…” He said, almost whispering, I can tell from his voice that he really needs a rest.

“No, JunMo. I’m not going home without you.” I spoke firmly. Not letting him win by his whining.

I heard him groan. “Fine. Let’s go home.”

I jumped a little from the chair, with a quick move I took my back and placed it over my shoulder. I grabbed his arm in excitement. I couldn’t hide my relief after working two days non-stop. It was really tiring. I can’t even feel my for sitting too long.

“Come on, I’ll take you home.” I smiled. He looks at me and laughs a little, he probably wants to laugh a little bit louder but he’s too weak to do that.

“You could’ve just let me finish my work.” He said in a low tone as I drag him carefully out of the room.

“Say that again and I’m gonna kick your off.”

 

JunMo and me are best friend since we were seven. He lived near my apartment back then. His apartment building was like few meters from mine, and now we lived in the same building. We used to play together when we were little. We went to the same Junior High School and Senior High School. He was really having a big part of my life. He helps me through the hard times and good times. He was there when I got the invitation mail from Seoul University, he saw and he felt how happy I was that time. And he was there when I lost my father, and when I decided to left my mother and move to Seoul. He knows how broken I was (and I am now). What should I say? He just knows me too well, and so do I.

“Don’t you have to work this morning?” JunMo asked as we enter the elevator. I’m still hugging his arm, afraid that he will lose his balance if I let him off.

“Yes, and that’s why I need to go home and having hot showers. I need to look fresh for today.” I couldn’t help myself from giggling so suddenly.

“Ah, Shinee is coming to Music Bank tomorrow, right?”

“RIGHT!” I say, almost screaming. JunMo is laughing sarcastically at me.

“Oh my god, JunMo. I’m going to meet my Oppas!!!” I’m holding myself for being too loud, but the excitement’s just rushing all over my body and I couldn’t help it so I ended up hitting JunMo’s arm instead.

“Yah!” JunMo hissed as he tried to escape his arm from mine, but I hug it so tight that he couldn’t escape, “They are younger than you!”

“Whatever, they are hot so they are Oppa for me.”

I could see JunMo rolls his eyes. He probably tired about me talking about these young people for almost my entire life that I’ve spent with him.

“Lee JimIn, you are 24. Go get a real boyfriend instead of dreaming about being in a relationship with that boy. What is it again? Kai? Lock? Keen? Kiss?”

“It’s Key.”

“Oh, I thought it was the same with ‘Lock’. Ha. Did ya get it?” He pokes me with his elbow, “Key, Lock? Keys were made to lock things?”

“Shut up, JunMo. You’re sick yet you still trying to be funny.”

“It’s good tho'.”

“Come on, you don’t even close to funny even when you’re healthy.” I said as I dragged him more out of the building to the parking lot.

***

“Noona, there’s a problem with EXO.” YounJi whispered in my ears as I watched the screen. I hissed before giving another instruction to the camera men to change the shoot to camera number two. “What is it? Can’t you hold it by yourself?” I said with my eyes locked up on the screen.

“Sadly, no.” YoungJi answered, “The manager wanted to talk to you.”

“Aish, seriously!” I said as I took off my headphone and hand it to Minho Oppa, “Oppa, can you hold this for minute? I need to see EXO.”

“Okay. Make it fast! I thought you wanted to see Shinee?” Minho giggled as I stand up from my seat.

“Of course! That’s the reason why I came to this place right after I got my law degree.” I said sarcastically, Minho Oppa laughed at my answer.

“Noona…”

“I got it, I got it! You don’t need to tell me twice, really.” I said as I walked out from the monitor room.

***

Have you ever feel like you 100% sure you hate someone you just meet that day? Well, I am now. I am standing in front of a boy with whatever his name is, holding my anger that already boiling in my veins. This guy is one of the members of that famous group, EXO. Yap, today EXO’s coming to Music Bank, but not 12 of ‘em. Because they’re gonna be performing a song that only including 3 member of the group, so only three came. One of em, is this annoying boy.

That boy with his brown hair hiding his forehead is killing me crazy. He just spitted juice on his white shirt and then he said he’s not performing. I was telling him to change his shirt, but since there’s no white shirt left and there’s only t-shirt, he needs to change to t-shirt. And, dammit, he said no with unacceptable reason. I guess he just want to mess up with me.

“What is it again?” I said, trying to sound calm when inside I just want to punch him in the face with the chair he’s sitting on.

“It’s Baekhyun, PD-nim.” His manager answered my question carefully. I guess he’s afraid of my face right now. I took a glance at the other members before going back to Baekhyun. I could see that the other member also look a little bit worried because of this boy.

“Okay, Baekhyun-sshi. Listen. It’s not like you’re going to perform shirtless or .” I took a deep breath, trying to control my anger inside me before I continue, “It’s just you’re going to perform with different—just a little different outfit with your other members.”

“Isn’t it going to ruin the concept?” the boy in front of me said coldly, he keeps on looking at his phone when he was talking to me. Dear god, where on earth his manners went away? I swear I’ve been killing him five times in my mind now.

“It’s only a t-shirt, Baekhyun-sshi. What’s so wrong about a t-shirt that it will ruin your concept?! Beside, people won’t see it. I’ll make sure that people won’t see the difference on the outfit you guys are wearing.” I might sound depressed right now. I swear I could see him smirking before he answered me sarcastically

“Do you even know what our concept is, JimIn-sshi? If you don’t then you probably just agreed to my idea.”

“Do you even know that we had no time to search a fu— I mean, we had no time to search another white shirt for you, Baekhyun-sshi?” I spat back on him. I look at my watch, I think Shinee is already on stage. That means I couldn’t watch my Key Oppa and there’s only left five minutes before EXO going on to the stage. Damn, one more words coming off from his mouth, I think I’m going to lose my patient. I don't care who he is. He just ruined my life by keeping me here when I should've been watching my Key Oppa.

“Then I’m not going.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

God

I

Hate

This

Boy.