Kai : Chance

Into Your World

Into Your World

[2/12]


Once again, she woke up in someone else’s bed. She’s been homeless for months, trying to live out of friends’ help and pity. Another day has to come to her life, and yet, she found no excitement in it. After being kicked out of her own home by her own family, she never looked forward to another morning. She stood up and tied her hair into a ponytail, walked to the mirror just beside the bathroom door.

 

Would there be anything new today?

 

She prepared herself to leave, took a quick shower and changed her clothes. She said goodbye to the people who let her stay for the night and said her thanks. She went out the house and looked back one last time.

 

I can’t remember what it feels being home.

 

She took her keys from her pocket and went in her car, the last possession she has after leaving the once she called home. She drove off and went to her workplace, a place where dreams are often granted, where people are greatly appreciated.

 

She entered and walked through the corridors where stars would pass through, ignoring her very presence. Changing to her uniform, she took the mops and a pail of water and waddled through the corridors once again. She entered the first studio, empty except for a few emptied water bottles, used towels, and other trash that was left by the former occupants.

 

Studio 1, filthy as usual. It must be feeling worn out, being trashed on and left dirty.

 

She took all the trash into a bag and tied it up. She took her mop and swept the floor clean.

 

“Oh, Sae, you’re early today.” Jessica said as she peeked through the door and found her.

“Neh. Good morning.” She replied and smiled. The other smirked and soon enough went in and dropped a few more empty bottles to the closest chair.

“Here are a few more. Janitor works look good on you.” Jessica said turning around and then headed out leaving the girl looking down.

 

She walked to where the other left a pile of trash, and halfheartedly slumped down to take the empty bottles. It was a normal thing for her. They are celebrities that are looked upon, and she was a nobody. She looked back again at the now clean Studio 1 and headed to the next one.

 

Studio 2, still unused. It must be feeling lonely, being left alone and ignored.

 

She went in and found a trainee in a middle of a call. She bowed her head in greeting and the other did as well. Ignoring the boy, she did her rounds, mopping the floor, and cleaning up.

 

“Neh, omma. I’ve been cast into a group!”

“Thank you, omma. I won’t disappoint you.”

“Tell appa the news, okay? He would be very happy.”

“Really? Thanks again, omma. This a dream come true!”

 

Dreams.. Where is my dream? Where are the things I used to hope for?

 

She shook her head to clear her mind and headed out the door, and went to the next studio.

 

Studio 3, practice room for the stars. It must be feeling proud.

 

She went in and found the studio empty. She did her rounds once again, mopping and cleaning up. Feeling tired, she sat down the cold floor and looked at herself in the mirror.

 

Where are you now, Cheonsae? Who are you really?

 

She pulled her knees to her chest and closed her eyes.

 

[flashback]

She danced in front of the mirror, diligently training with all her might.

 

“Sae-noona, you’ve been tiring yourself a bit too much. Why don’t you take a rest for a while?”

“I can go on, Taemin-ah. Don’t worry about me. I have to train well if I want to fulfill my dreams.”

“But noona, you look tired already.”

“I’ll be alright.”

 

Knock. Knock.

 

The door slid open and revealed an angered man, stomping his way to the girl.

 

Slap.

 

“A-appa..”

“Lee Cheonsae! How long have you been hiding this from me?!”

“Appa.. I didn’t hi-

Slap

She fell on the cold floor, touching her cheek, stinging from the pain. Tears started to fall from her eyes.

“You’re leaving. NOW.”

“But appa… this is my dr-

“NO way you’re continuing with this nonsense dream of yours.” He took her wrist and dragged her out the studio, out of the agency, out of that one place where she finds her life.

 

 

 

“Sae?” somebody called to her. She opened her eyes and saw a young man sitting beside her. He was familiar but she was sure he’s not a trainee.

“You are?” she asked.

“Kai.” He said with a warm smile.

“Do you need anything?”

“No. How about you? Do you need anything?” he replied. She took a deep breath, and shook her head.

 

I need a new life. I need hope. I need a new dream. I need love and acceptance. I need someone to just listen and understand..

 

“Tell me about it.” He said. She was caught off guard and was surprised. She didn’t know why on earth this man would ask her about it. She didn’t say anything and yet, it was like he read her thoughts.

 

Will he listen?

 

“I’ll listen if you need someone to talk to.”

 

Will he understand?

 

“Everything has an answer. Who knows if I have it?”

 

“Kai, who are you?” she asked completely confused on the man’s answers a few moments ago.

“It’s not important, Sae.” He replied, smiling at their reflection in front of him.

“Where are you from, then?” she asked, persistent.

“That.. That’s a secret.” He replied standing up. He went to the music player and pressed on a few buttons. A beautiful song started to play and he stood sternly in front of the mirror. Sae watched him closely and waited for the man’s next move.

He placed his hands in his pockets and smiled at girl who was staring at him.

 

“Are you not gonna tell me?” he asked as he went back and settled beside Sae.

“How should I start? I don’t even know where to start. All I know is that I am lost. I have no home, no family who appreciates me. I lived for months asking myself if there’s something I should live for. My dreams crashed after my appa stopped me. I was pulled out of this company, only to be brought back as janitor because I have nowhere else to go. I feel worn out, being bullied by the others because of what happened to me. I feel lonely, too, because no one seems to need me, or acknowledge my presence at all.” She said as tears started to fall from eyes. Little by little she felt her heart loosen up, and finally, he poured all the pain from heart to her tears.

 

This is all that I need.

 

“C’mon, stand up.” Kai said, holding her hand and pulling up. Like an obedient child, she stood up and wiped her tears. Kai stopped her and instead placed his hand to her cheek to wipe her tears away.

 

“Sae, there are people who actually appreciates you.” He said as he turned her to face the big mirror.

“Look,” he said pointing at her reflection. “This is where you belong.” He held her left hand and stretched it to her left.

 

“Now take a step to the left.” He said. She obliged.

“and back..” he said again. Sae obliged again. She closed her eyes as she felt the comfort of his hand on hers. He pulled her into slow movements, and after a few more moments, they were already moving together in harmony. She pulled her into making a turn and when she finally did, he let go of her hand and let her dance on her own.

 

“Sae, people may leave you, but you’ll never feel lonely if you appreciate yourself. Remember that there are people who appreciate what you do and who you are. Some may stop you in fulfilling your dreams, but remember that there will be people who will be hoping the best for you. Dancing is where you heart is, right? Then stay there... and find your life and dream once again…. Set yourself free, Cheonsae.”

The song ended and she opened her eyes, finding a few people standing behind her. Sehun was one of them.

“Noona.. Your dance… it was beautiful..”

She wiped the tears in her cheeks and smiled.

Kai, thank you.

“Sae, you should be a trainee again. We can’t let such talent be wasted. Are you willing?”

Upon hearing this, she turned back to the mirror in full excitement. She saw Kai’s face smiling at her..

“Yes, I’m willing. I won’t let go again. Ever.”

 


Xiumin | Luhan | Kris | Suho | Lay | Chen | Baekhyun | Chanyeol | DO | Kai | Sehun | Tao

Follow me on Twitter for updates! [@diemarionetta