Luhan : Peace

Into Your World

Into Your World

[1/12]


She sat down on the sand, trying to inhale for the last time the beautiful scent of the sea. It was her last wish to be at the sea. Her eyes won’t allow her to see clearly, and all that she has is a distorted view of everything yet she is here, trying to picture out the beautiful horizon in front of her. In a few more days, her eyesight would be gone forever, and who knows until when is she going to fight for her last breath?

“Sae-noona, are you sure you want me to leave you alone?”

“Yes, Sehun, I’ll be alright. Come back in an hour, okay?”

“Okay. I’ll be back.”

The young man left her sitting on the sand, praying silently that her sister will be okay, not only now that she’s left alone, but also in the next days - that she’ll be strong, that she’ll hold on and find hope in her heart to believe in a miracle. He felt that he’s the only one hoping for it. He knows that her noona, her angel, is dying and he can’t do anything about it. She was ready, and he is not.

 

“Sae?” a man called to her. She tried to look for the source of the voice behind him. Suddenly, she felt a presence just beside her. She wasn’t scared. She felt at peace and calmness overtook her. She looked back to the blurred image of the sea and smiled. “Are you Sae?” the man asked. She nodded her head.

“My name is Luhan.” He said as he took her hair blown by the strong wind and tucked it to her ear.

“Luhan? You sound familiar.. Have we met before? How did you kno-“

“Shh.” He shushed, placing a finger on the girl’s lips. “I’m here to accompany you.” He said calmly pulling his hand from her.

“Where are you from?” she asked, staring at the vague image beside her. He smiled at her, though he knows she doesn’t see it, and replied,

“It’s a secret. What is important now is that I’m right here with you.”

 

Sae pulled her knees to her chest and embraced it tightly. I have nothing to worry about. Luhan beside me makes me comfortable, relaxed. Being with him softens my heart and makes my whole body be at ease. I may not see his face clearly, but from the faint image I see of him, he looks beautiful. His face is radiating with light, like the sun. I wonder how it would feel to touch his face. I’ll lose nothing if I trust him. It’s my last days anyway.

“Cheonsa.” She whispered. Luhan looked at her smiling.

“What about it?” he asked.

“That’s where my name was taken.. Cheonsae. Cheonsa means-

“Angel.” He butted in.

“Right.”

“It fits you.” He said. A blush crept to her pale face, and asmile appeared.

“Thanks.” She whispered.

“Sae, would you like to walk around? I’ll assist you, don’t worry.”

She nodded her head. Luhan stood up and fixed his clothing, and took Sae’s hand. He pulled her up with ease, and held her hand tight.

“Where are we going?” she asked. He didn’t answer; instead he held her hand tighter and led her to the stalls.

 

He bought a cone of ice cream and placed it in the girl’s hand. She muttered a little thank you before eating. Just then, Luhan took her hand again and led her to another place.

When they arrived at the front of the store, Luhan let go of her hand and went in. She smelt flowers. She waited patiently finishing her ice cream, and after a few minutes, she saw the familiar image of Luhan and saw him holding which seems to be a stem of a flower. She saw him walking to her, and like a miracle, his image became clearer than before, but still not enough to see his features.

“Here.” He said as he placed the stem into her hand. She held it tight and brought the flower to her face to smell it. Sweet.

“C’mon, I’ll take you somewhere else.” He said as he took her hand again. She smiled and nodded.

 

I wish I can see you, Luhan.

 

He took her to a vacant lot, where there were people who fly kites.  He let her sit on one of the benches and left again. She closed her eyes, listening to the children playing around, to the dogs barking, the sound of the trees, to the faint sound of the waves crashing.

 

Luhan. Who are you that you make me this happy?

 

She opened her eyes and saw Luhan walking to her. A smile crept to her face. She saw his image moving closer and closer. She didn’t realize that what she was seeing became clearer and clearer. By the time Luhan knelt in front of her, she was amazed as she saw the beautiful face in front of her, staring back at her. She placed a finger on his forehead, and let it slide down to his nose, to his cheek, and to his lips, to his chin.

Beautiful.

Then he smiled.

“Luhan, who are you?” she asked, forgetting for a moment the one miracle she just experienced. She can see his face clearly, and seeing it made her forget about being almost blind at all.

“How come I can see you clearly when everything around is a blur?” she asked. He bowed his head and took a seat beside her.

“Luhan, please answer me. Who are you?” she asked again, fighting the urge to cry.

“You’ll know on your own, Cheonsae.” He replied calmly.

“Here, I have something for you.” He said as he showed his hand. She saw a shining necklace as his hand unfolded. The pendant was a small smiling angel. She touched the pendant with her finger and smiled.

“Thank you.”

 

I’m not afraid now. I won’t be alone when I leave. If there’s such a person on earth, I believe the angels are better.

He placed it on her palm and closed her hand.

“Let’s go back. Your brother may be waiting for you.”

Tomorrow may be the end, but I’d gladly welcome the next life.

He took her hand, and led her to the exact place where she first met him. She sat down on the sand and waited for Luhan to settle beside her. When he finally sat down, she gently placed her head on his shoulder, letting a tear escape from her eye.

 

“What are you thinking about, Sae?” he asked.

“I’m thinking about this world. Why am I here, and what is my purpose? I’m leaving soon and I haven’t done anything. I feel like I didn’t have a fulfilling life. I’ve been fighting for this sickness for years, and now, the battle is over and I have to surrender. I can’t fight anymore, Luhan.” She replied sobbing.

“You’ve done well in life, Sae. Like your name, you were an angel to everyone who came to know you. You’re your mother’s strength, your father’s pride. You are your brother’s hope and joy. People love you because you are strong. People admire you because you are beautiful. You are someone’s happiness, Sae. You are. Wherever you are is heaven for someone.”

Slowly, she closed her eyes as she let peace overtake her.

“Luhan, take care of my Sehun.” She whispered as she drifted to sleep.

 

“Noona, please wake up.. Please.. Sae-noona, please wake up…” Sehun whispered as she hugged his sister who was laying peacefully on the hospital bed.

“Noona, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have left you there alone. I’m sorry.. I’m sorry.” He muttered under his breath.

Right then, she slowly opened her eyes.

“Sehun?” she whispered.

“Noona…”

“Someone’s gonna take care of you now. Luhan will be your angel from now on. Be strong. I love you.”

She closed her eyes. Her breathing gradually became uneven. Her heart stopped. It’s the end.

“Noona?..... Cheonsae-noona?” he called to her calmly. He felt it. He saw her chest stop from moving. He felt her last breath. He heard her last words. Tears started to fall from his eyes..

He took her sister’s hand to his and held it tight and closed his eyes.

 

A warm presence enveloped him, comforting him and stopping his tears to fall. It was like how Sae hugged him when he was troubled. It was like how Sae would wipe his tears.

He placed a hand in his chest to calm himself and felt something.. It was a necklace - a necklace with an angel..

“Luhan?”

 


Xiumin | Luhan | Kris | Suho | Lay | Chen | Baekhyun | Chanyeol | DO | Kai | Sehun | Tao

Follow me on Twitter for updates! [@diemarionetta