Nightime Barbecue

Through the fire and flames
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already June 24,2015. A day before my graduation. Which was the 25th at 5:30. Like the usual I was lazing around doing nothing until my phone rang. 
  Minnie Hyung.

"Helllooo Bunny!" I say happily into my phone. Hmm I wonder why he's calling around this time. 7:30 P.M.

"Hey Monkey! Are you doing anything today?" He asks enthusiastically. 

"Nope nothing" I say. Hanging out with Minnie and Kyuhyun was always fun! I loved hanging out with them, especially hearing them gossip about their co-workers and Min's annoying family members. A few times they even talked about how Donghae's girlfriend was such a . It made me wonder if they kept mentioning it because I told them I find him attractive. A way to give me some hope pining after a straight guy.

"Okay cool, cause wanted to know if you could come over to my parents house for a barbecue" He asks.

"Heck yeah I'm in! You don't have to tell me twice" I say super duper happily.

"Good, cause my parents would like to meet you, and Donghae will be here and Jessics won't be. Thank god she won't" He says with a chuckle. I blush to holding one of my cheeks, and the teasing from Min never ceased after I mentioned he was attractive.

I decided real quickly what to wear, it was 90 degrees out and the less layers the better. So I opted for a pair of Khaki shorts that went a little above my knee with a white American Eagle V-neck Shirt and some white converse. 

For accessories I wore an arrow pendant necklace that went past my pectorals and a baseball cap backwards. Feeling fabulous I kiss my two plush monkeys Fee and Tay. Fee my grandmother had given me so it was extra special. She has crocheted the scarf it had around it's neck.

Taking one last look in the mirror I grabbed my drawstring bag and hoisted it on. y Eunhyuk me likely ;). 

I rushed to the bus stop not even bothering to let my mom know where I was headed, she was at work anyway so it didn't matter. It's not like she'd bothered to care anyway.

On the bus I stared out the window daydreaming of everything and anything, mostly about what new idea for a story I can come up with. I loved writing especially when I wrote a, supernatural romance, things of that nature. I usually posted it on a website called paranormalromancefiction.com. Since I had some time to kill I opened up my phone and checked to if I had any comments. I had one, and some new subscribers which I had sent friend requests to. It was fun chatting with these people online. Finally I heard the bus driver announce my stop which would be coming up next. I jumped up from my seat and stood near the exit of the back door.

I checked the maps app on my iphone 6 plus and walked in the wrong direction twice. It was kind of funny because I looked like an idiot crossing the street twice back and forth trying to understand my stupid phone. It was a long walk but I enjoyed it. Although I was kind of scared especially since one guy shouted from his window "Damnn yy!" which made me up my speed. What a nasty !

I finally stood in front of their house located on Olinville, excited for the barbecue. It was a complete different neighborhood once I to the street they lived on. It was more suburban and for those who make above middle class pay.

 I was slightly nervous but I shouldn't be! I walked up the driveway and found them all sitting enjoying a beer. 

"Hey Kyu" I say heading to him kissing his cheek. Followed by greeting Sungmin and introducing myself to the rest sitting there. I bowed out of politeness.

"Hello it's nice to meet you all my name is Lee Eunhyuk, but you can all call me Hyuk or Eunhyuk" I say shaking his parents hands. 

"Oh, it's nice to meet you sweetie!" His mom literally cooed over me which made me turn all shades of red.

"Sweetheart, leave the kid alone. Your embarassing him" his father exclaims prying his wife's hands from pinching my cheeks. I rubbed the soreness away. "Come darling let's dance" His father winked at me and his mom laughed but thankfully away from my poor cheeks.

Donghae looked in my direction and then smiled. "They really like you, especially my mom. Want a beer?" 

I nodded. I stood there awkwardly when Donghae pulled out a chair for me. "Well your mom is sweet and thanks, man" I said trying to appear manly.

"No problem" he says holding out my beer. I accepted my fingers slightly grazing his by accident. Awkwardly I took a gulp as if nothing happened. Donghae walks back to the grill and checks on the hotdogs he put in 15 minutes ago. Me and Kyuhyun loved the crisp when cooked just a little over the normal timing.

Sungmin pulls his chair next to me throwing his arm over me. He brought his voice to a whisper and I can smell the beer coming from his mouth, "You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter