Chapter 3: Suddenly

Insensate [ h ]

Internship started for me so I spent some time to catch up, but I'm finally posting the next chapter after deciding to change it up a little bit. enjoy. the pic edit was a 5 minutes edit cause I'm busy so yeah, don't mind it. :<


 

The day Jimin leaves for his exchange program in Anyang, he thought twice about going. He spent his last hour packing by endlessly questioning his Yoongi hyung. At times like this, Yoongi doesn’t know if it’s his anxiety, or his talkative nature but he doesn’t stop him until he started blabbering about how guilty he felt using Yoongi’s money for this trip. He tries, though, to convince Jimin that it was worth it and that he probably only has this chance to participate in an exchange event like this because next year, he’ll be a senior at his academy. Senior meaning, he’d have no time for such activities and no time for him.

 

Although Jimin carried this guilt all the way to Anyang, he doesn’t forget how excited he feels for the whole idea of having an exchange programme and how honorable it is to be one out of fifteen students of the entire course to represent the school. His guilt is then washed away, almost, when he stands in front of the other fifteen students from the arts school in Anyang. Each of them was going to have a partner and their partners were predetermined by a discussion between the instructors.

 

Hi, I’m Park Jimin, I’m 18 and I once had a dream to be the best dancer in Busan, now I dream to be the top in Korea,” he bowed after giving his introduction that he has said over and over each time he meets someone without fail. “I hope you are able to tolerate my presence, I don’t stop talking, and I’m pretty boastful.”

 

For some reason, his partner likes him already.

 

Seokjin is his name, Jimin learns.

 

He’s a hyung.

 

and his major isn’t dance.

 

Jimin was more than slightly disappointed that his partner isn’t a dancer, and Seokjin, or Jin, knows this. For the first two days, Jimin’s often caught watching over in envy of his friends that managed to get dancers as partners. However for the rest of the week, he learns that Jin is a great hyung to be around with, and it’s rare for Jimin to think so because his Yoongi hyung is the best he’s ever met.

 

He learns many more things about Jin and decides that he’s an interesting Hyung to be around with. Jin, Jimin learns, is a Chaebol and had once major in culinary. He doesn’t catch the exact reason why he changed his major, but now he knows why Jin is older than the rest of them there who were mostly 95 and 96 liners. When Jimin heard that he’s a chaebol and older, he expected him to be mean and arrogant towards the younger ones around, but Jin is a complete opposite. He treats his juniors really well and even cooks for them. Jimin doesn’t hear this straight from Jin though, he hears from the other students during lunch, which was apparently prepared by Jin’s family catering.

 

Jimin learns many more things, like how he should stay humble, because little did he know, Jin’s family has their business expanded and vacation houses in Seoul, Haeundae, Mokpo, and one in the US. Jin even has his own car which he drives to school, and occasionally to Seoul, with. What Jimin doesn’t understand is why didn’t he choose the path that was already set for him.

 

Yoongi only manages to get messages from Jimin for the first half of the week, but not the rest. He tries to convince himself that the boy’s busy and didn’t have time to constantly update him. He also decides that Jimin should live without him for a while. Nonetheless, Yoongi spends most nights after his part-time job waiting for a text.

 

A week passes like an day for Jimin, yet seemed like a year to Yoongi. Guess the reason was obvious. Jimin had such great company and he had Jin. Meanwhile, Yoongi only had those random passerbys who recognize him, and the female colleagues that bothered him almost everyday for coffee or a drink which Yoongi rejected, all except one. It wasn’t a female colleague anyway. It was Namjoon, well, his colleague. That night, Yoongi was wasted, and it had been long since he last was. Jimin had control of Yoongi’s actions, and since he wasn’t there that day, he went all out — and Jimin doesn’t have to know. Unlike the Yoongi that Jimin controlled, this Yoongi went out drinking for another 2 to 3 more times with Namjoon and thinks he might as well take advantage of this time that Jimin wasn’t around.

 

A few days before Jimin came back, he called Yoongi because he missed him. However, Yoongi was not at all pleased at the first thing he hears from Jimin. “You have to meet Jin hyung.” Yoongi didn’t ask who and how old is he, because he knows that it doesn’t matter. He knows from the way Jimin sounded, he was fond of that hyung. He realizes too, that the tone Jimin had, was no different from the tone he has when he’s happy with him.

 

As mentioned, Yoongi went out a few more times with Namjoon for a drink, the last time involving a wasted and frustrated Yoongi. led to Namjoon to Jimin and Yoongi’s apartment, and then to their bed, followed by their clothes on the floor. Although Yoongi was drunk, he remembers who the apartment belongs to, he remembers that Jimin shouldn’t know, and he knows that what he’s doing is wrong. But what he doesn’t remember, is that Jimin was coming home tomorrow morning.

 

Yoongi wakes up to the sound of the door creaking followed by several loud sounds. As usual, he gets annoyed with especially anything that interrupts his sleep, so he gets up and wasn’t as surprised as he thought he would be when he realizes Namjoon was beside him. What surprised him was when he sees Park Jimin, the love of his life, standing at the door. Jimin’s face was redder than ever and even a blind person could tell that he was definitely about to cry.

 

None of them said anything, not even Yoongi, because despite his hangover, he still knew one thing he shouldn't be doing in such a situation is to explain himself. He only kept his head down and eyes closed because he was afraid of what Jimin was going to do next. He thinks Jimin would run away, but at the same time he thinks he would come up to shout at him. Just like Yoongi initially thought, he did. Jimin ran away, and he didn't bother to catch up.