Chapter 2: Memory

Insensate [ h ]

Here's a painfully short chapter yet it's necessary. Sorry for the late update, I was kinda stuck. I was done with Chapter 3 but I didn't know how 2 would go, so I kinda got my friend
to help me out and it's finally done. Thanks a lot to her ;w; Will upload the next one real soon since it's done, it only needs some checking! c: ps. just a head's up, the next chapter will be a flashback. : ) 


 

Silence was overwhelming between the two lovers. As soon as they went out of the columbarium they were in, both of them sat down in awkward silence. Well, it wasn’t exactly that awkward for Hoseok since his thoughts were loud enough, and it wasn’t that awkward for Yoongi either since he knew Hoseok needed time to himself, and well, he had his own share of overwhelming thoughts. Yoongi sat there with eyes looking distant, almost as if his mind was not at the present. Indeed, he was reminiscing something from the past -- and Hoseok could not help but wonder what.

 

“The two of you seem really close,” Hoseok broke the silence, attempting to start a conversation. Anything was better than sitting in this uncomfortable silence, he thought. “I mean, of course you guys are, I just..”

 

“We were.. he was my first love,” Yoongi had cut Hoseok off, knowing that he genuinely wants to know about them. “He always had a smile on his face, especially when he was on the stage dancing or training. My entire life, I have never met anyone who loved dancing as much as he did. Well, not until I met you anyways.” Hoseok sees a smile that he has not seen in a long time. He couldn’t tell if this smile was because Yoongi was talking about him or Jimin. Hoseok smiled almost as if he knows his thoughts were ridiculous. Of course it’s Jimin. “Jimin.. he would always be the first one to arrive for class and the last one to leave. Everyone admired and looked up to him because not only was he good at dancing but he had such a cheerful personality that brightened up the whole place with his mere presence. He was always cracking jokes and making everyone laugh.”

 

“He sounds like a great person..”

 

“Yeah, he.. was. When were in Daegu, I would skip classes and go around picking fights with the seniors or kids from other schools. And well, Jimin would always try to divert my focus somewhere else and stopping me from fighting by getting me to come along to his dance practices. After months of trying to convince me, he was about to give up. By then, I had grown attached to him, so I decided to give it a try and followed him to his dance practice. I didn’t immediately join or even get along with anyone there. I only watched him practice. I was always so mesmerised by his passion in that field as well as his smile that follows each time the music stops. It was so radiant, star-like and he shined well on his own. But you know, there are many stars in the sky, there’s no guarantee he would shine brighter than the rest. Well, that was the day I decided that I want to be by his side on the stage and share that happiness with him, to share the joy of being on stage -- and so I joined the academy. After a few months of practice and going for one or two competitions in Daegu, we decided to move to Seoul to become better dancers. More than my greed for fame, I wanted Jimin to be more exposed and well known. I also wanted him to meet other people who loved dancing just like us.

 

After looking around for awhile, we decided to join Def and that’s where we trained. We wouldn’t ever miss lessons and like we did before, we went for various competitions.


However, one  particular opportunity changed everything. It was held in Anyang and was a collaboration with another well-known academy there. Jimin had caught our academy director’s eye and was chosen as the one who would be representing our academy as one of the exchange students to Anyang. When our director broke the news to us, Jimin was elated and was definitely excited to go. I pretended to be really happy for him but deep down I had a bad feeling about it. I brushed it off and decided I will send him with my blessings.

In the end, I was right, everything just went downhill from there.”