Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Music blasted throughout the venue, idols of all sorts having to yell through the sound for their companions to hear them. A small group of them, boys and girls, were sitting in a circle by the corner of the room, heads huddled together in what seemed to be a deep conversation. That image soon disappears however as their faces move back a little to reveal a bottle of vodka surrounded by a dozen shot glasses.

“Where’d you even get this stuff, Amber?” questioned Yuri, examining the label on the large bottle.

Amber flashed a small smirk in the older girl’s direction. “I know a lot of people,” she replied mischievously, winking at Henry whom was seated across the circle.

Key snorted, rolling his eyes. “Yeah, we get it. You get around. Now, can we start already? I’m tired and want to head home soon,” the diva complained, unconsciously brushing his hand over Jonghyun’s.

The elder looked up to smile at Key, the two sharing a hidden looked that seemed innocent to the oblivious eye.

“Yeah, yeah, don’t get your hair in a knot” scoffed Amber jokingly.

“Everyone listen up! We’re going to play a little truth or dare! Here’s the rules: If you skip, you down a shot. If you fail the dare, you down a shot. You get the idea! First up…Chanyeol! Truth or Dare?” exclaimed Amber, gathering everyone’s attention and causing Chanyeol’s eyes to widen in surprise.

“Aish, why me first? Um…Dare I guess?” he replied unsurely, hoping Amber didn’t have anything too bad in store.

A smirk found its way onto Amber’s face and Chanyeol gulped loudly. “I dare you to go up to Dara who is standing over by the food table, pick up a bunny cupcake and say to her, ‘This bunny is adorable, but not as adarable as you.’”

Chanyeol’s jaw dropped. “Come on, no way!” He complained.

“Do it or down a shot” reminded Donghae who was watching the game with amusement.

“Fine, whatever. I’m not a wuss!” defended Chanyeol, as he stood up and began to make his way over to the food table.

“I can’t believe he’s actually gonna do it!” exclaimed Chen in surprise.

The group watched on as Chanyeol spoke to Dara with a confident look upon his face. Most of the people sitting in the circle were prepared to laugh at Chanyeol making a fool of himself, however all of their jaw’s dropped as Dara giggled at him and took the cupcake from his hand.

“What even?!” spoke Taemin, eyebrows furrowed in jealousy. “How does he get a noona like that?”

Kai snickered at his best friend’s annoyance and rolled his eyes. “Lay off Taemin, stick with the younger girls. We all know  Krystal has a crush on you.”

“I DO NOT!” she defended, cheeks flushing crimson which didn’t help at all in convincing the others.

Taemin glanced at her quickly and a small smile spread over his face.

“Ugh, all this cute stuff is making me feel sick. I guess Chanyeol isn’t coming back anytime soon so…Luna! Truth or Dare?” interrupted Amber, always the social bug of the group.

Luna sat up straight suddenly, caught off guard. “Huh? Oh um…Truth I guess? I can’t be bothered getting up” she joked, blushing slightly as Onew chuckled.

“Okay! Anyone got a good truth for Luna?” asked Amber, looking around the circle.

“Ah! I got one!” spoke Sungmin, a smirk covering his face.

Luna bit her lip, looking nervous at the evil look Sungmin was wearing.

“Are you having a thing with Onew?” he asked with a devious smile, and Luna choked on her own saliva from the shock.

“W-what?” she stuttered out, and Onew looked equally as afraid and caught off guard as Luna did.

“You heard me…are you having a secret relationship with Onew?” he asked again smirking, knowing quite well that it was true.

Luna looked around and gulped as she noticed everyone’s eyes were on her, most of them with shocked and curious looks upon their faces.

“Remember Luna-unni, you have to say the truth!” reminded Sulli, looking quite interested in what Luna’s reply would be.

Luna coughed awkwardly, before glancing at Onew. He gave a small shrug that seemed to say ‘I don’t really care anymore’, and Luna decided she didn’t have much to lose.

“Okay, fine. Yes, I am currently in a relationship with Jinki,” she confessed, blushing furiously as people began questioning her all at once.

“Since when?!”

“How could you not tell me?!”

“That’s so cute!”

“Come on Jjong, hand me over my money!” demanded Key, as Jonghyun reluctantly pulled 10 dollars from his pocket.

“What?! You were making bets on us? What the actual heck?” cried Onew, looking at his bandmates with disbelief written on his face.

“Well, we were bored! Besides, I know Taemin, Minho and you were making bets on Key and I so…” defended Jonghyun, slapping his hand over his mouth as he realised what he had said.

All the chatter in the circle stopped immediately and each head turned swiftly to stare at the 2 men with shock. An awkward silence filled the air for a few seconds before it was broken by an excited looking Sunny.

“AAHH! JONGHYUN, TRUTH OR DARE?!” she practically screamed in excitement as though she had shipped the 2 since forever.

“. Um, dare?” he replied, looking a little unsure. He didn’t want to have to answer any personal questions about his relationship with Key because it could make its way out of the circle and ruin their careers.

“Okay! I dare you to kiss Key…on the lips,” Sunny dares, rubbing her hands together in anticipation.

“What?! G-guys…You interpreted what I said before incorrectly, Key and I aren’t together! T-the other members just thought we were…aha,” Jonghyun lied awkwardly; however Sunny was having none of it.

“I don’t care, a dare is a dare.”

Jonghyun took a quick glance at Key who had a deep frown on his face.

“I’ll take a shot then.” He decided, taking a glass and downing it in one gulp. His face screwed up at the burning sensation in his throat but he shook it off and chose someone to Truth or Dare.

“Yesung, truth or dare?”

__________________________________________________________________________________

The game went on for a while longer, and because half of the questions were directed at Jonghyun and Key after Jjong’s slip up, a lot of alcohol was being consumed. Eventually, a few people were so intoxicated that they could barely move, and so Jonghyun and Key decided it was probably a good time to head home. Hopping into the van that would take them back to the dorm, Key immediately dropped his head onto his boyfriend’s shoulder.

“Stay awake, Bummie. We’ll be home soon, yeobo.” The elder told him, playing with the younger boy’s hair.

“Mmm, I’ll fall asleep sooner if you play with my hair like that,” murmured Key in reply, closing his eyes in satisfaction.

“Just a little longer. You’re a little tipsy and you’ll feel like crap in the morning if you fall asleep now. We’ll get you home, clean you up a bit and then we can sleep, yeah?” whispered Jjong, placing a kiss on the other’s head.

Key nodded with his eyes still softly shut, snuggling up to the older male and inhaling his scent which smelt lightly of vodka, sweat and cinnamon.

Approximately 10 minutes later, the two finally arrived back at their dorm and trudged inside, both of them heading straight to the kitchen.

“I’ll make some coffee, okay Kibummie?” asked the elder softly, beginning to boil the kettle.

“Mhmm,” agreed Key, walking up to Jjong and hugging him from behind.

A small grin spread over Jonghyun’s face as he sunk into Key’s embrace. He slowly turned around and placed his hands on Key’s waist, swaying him back and forth. Opening his mouth, he began to sing quietly to his song ‘Hallelujah’, and as the first line came out of Jonghyun’s mouth, Key smiled instantly and placed his chin lovingly onto Jjong’s head.

“Woo sesange ireol suga (ireol suga)
Woo neomu areumdapjanha (ireol suga)
Mworalkka meoril gullyeobwado pyohyeonhagi
Himdeun geol oh neoraneun myeongjak

Yeojadeurui jeok namjadeurui pyojeok

Neomeul su eomneun byeok seongseureoun wanbyeok,”

Key wrapped his arms around Jonghyun’s neck and stared lovingly into his eyes. It was true that he wasn’t completely sober, but he was sober enough to feel grateful for this beautiful moment shared with his boyfriend. Jonghyun’s eyes began welling up with tears of happiness as the two danced, feeling like the luckiest man alive as Key began to join in.

 

“Sinkke gamsahane cheonsaga boyeo nunmuri goyeo hallelluya
Cheonsaga boyeo nunmuri goyeo gamdongi neomchyeo hallelluya

Neon naege gamtanboda keun gamdongeul june (feel so good)
Gidohadeut norael hage hae”

 

Looking down at Jonghyun with pure, innocent love in his eyes, Key also felt tears threatening to fall in mere joy. Jonghyun held onto one of Key’s hands and gently spun him around before grabbing him by the waist again and bringing his voice down to a whisper.


“Singing hallelluya
You got me singing hallelluya,”

 

They finished the chorus gazing into each other’s eyes, and slowly their faces inched closer to press their lips together in a soft, loving, yet passionate kiss. They pulled apart slowly and smiled, pulling each other into a warm embrace. Jonghyun tilted his head up and gently whispered into his boyfriend’s ear.

“I love you Bummie.”

Key smiled widely before replying, “I love you too, you stupid dino, but I’m pretty sure the kettle finished boiling a while ago.”