1

Baseball bat

His shoulder got caught in the door frame while running outside, his door slamming loudly behind him.

Hands were tightly clasping his metal baseball bat, while his bare feet were sliding over the wet grass of his own and then his neighbour´s front lawn.

It had rained for some hours and was still dribbling away and it was no wonder that he stumbled a few times before ending up in front of his neighbour´s door.

“I´M COMING IN!”

One simple sentence before he stepped back and then started to throw his whole weight against the brown door, hearing it crack after the second try, only to fall inside, with the door itself.

He caught his own weight while stumbling, muddy feet sliding over the white stone floor and leaving rushed, smudged foot prints where he stepped.

Holding his baseball bat with two hands and turning around in some aggressive circles he startled when a tiny man, guy really, entered from one of the numerous open sides of the foyer.

“Wow.”

The small guy had the audacity to grin, taking in the view in front of him.

A stranger, clasping a metal bat, wearing bleached out grey adidas sweatpants and a soaked white shirt without sleeves.

Muddy, feet.

His face was pulled in a weird grimace, eyes wide open and nose seemingly breathing quickly.

“You fine?” Walking forward he kept his eyes on the guy and the bat, “Can I uhm help you?” .

 

Lowering the bat, only to rise it again at a loud sound, some thunder striking in the distance, he exhaled shakily.

“You, someone, you? Someone screa-screamed.”

The small guy nodded with something akin to understanding, before taking a few more steps, hands trying to reach for a part of the baseball bat, but ending up with clasping his hands around those of the stranger, as he was too small to reach a higher part without an embarrassing struggle.

“I´ll explain that in a second, but uhm how about you, uhm put that down? Yes, thanks. You are?”

Letting one side of the bat clank against the white floor, the soaked stranger fiddled his fingers through knotted strands of blonde bleached hair.

“Woo Jiho, your neighbour.”

 

They sit in the small guys kitchen, Lee Taeil as he had introduced himself  while handing him a big grey towel, hands clutched around cups of low key, student expensive 3- in- one coffee.

Before sitting down they had fixed the front door, quite poorly, pulling it upright and pushing it into its frame, more a balancing act than actual repairing, especially with Jiho´s still jittering hands and Lee Taeil´s missing ability to reach the upper part of the cracked door.

“So your name is Lee Taeil.”

The small guy nods, pushing his glasses up his, weirdly adorable nose.

“And” Jiho splutters into his coffee, when his long gangly legs meet something under the table that seems humanly leg like and surprisingly buff. “And, you screamed.”

“Sure thing I did, I actually did not expect you to barge in, like for anyone to barge inside my home at all.”

Jiho gapes, mouth o shaped, and lips probably caught in the stupid caveman twist, as Park Kyung his best man has named it.

“But you screamed man, like someone had just slit your roommates throat and you witnessed it and were going to be next in line.”

Small guy, Jiho had decided small guy was actually a really cute nickname for the cute guy, giggled.

Giggled like a cute ray of sunshine, that made Jiho feel disgustingly unstable in the pits of his stomach, maybe, though, it still was possible that those were the aftermaths of the weird Hanhae had made for low carb dinner last night.

“So, man, like be honest. You saw a spider or some ?” His blonde, dead hair falls into his eyes, while sipping some coffee and damn it, was this some kind of advance for flirting he had just tried?

“Uhm, no? I mean Jihoon my roommate just recently caught a huge spider in a jam glass and named it Monkey, so? But plainly said I am a Music student, but I minor in acting, ty enough, and I just practiced.”

 

 

 


 

 

 

I ed up the pov changes but whatever.

 

Love,

DazzlingWorld