Three

Hunhan's Cupid.

"...With 75 trillion cells in your body, it is inevitable that the variation is vast. With all those variation, each cell have it's different function, which lead to different turnover rate. This depends on how long their life span; say if it is the cell in your stomach, which is prone to be damaged due to the presence of HCL, then the turn over rate is higher. The same goes to the epithelium which lines your glands and surfaces. However, for the cell that... Miss Oh?"

Oh, damn it.

"Ah, yes?" I asked, pretending of not knowing anything.

"Please do not sleep in my class and pay attention," Mrs Lee said, looking at me like I've done some gruesome murder in my past life.

"Ok,"I replied. She continued.

"A complete cell cycle should started from and consist of G1, the cell growth just after the before telophase, S phase, where the DNA replicate, G2, protein synthesis and energy production and lastly the Mitosis stage. I'm sure that you have heard about mitosis, at least you should know it's about cell division of the somatic cell, all cell in your body except the cell. So this is our main point today... Miss Oh?"

As her voice started to change to something deeper than usual, it changed again to the usual ones as I heard her saying my name. I immediately straigten my body up and trying to make my eyes as big as possible. With one last warning, she glared at me and continued.

"....in which during the anaphase, the condensed chromosome that line along the metaphase plate, or the equator of the cell will be pulled away from the equator to the opposite poles of both sides. Then entering the last phase.... yes Miss Oh?"

"Err... toilet," I said, and she nodded. I saw Joy sniggered. Oh God, I really really really really can't take it anymore. Making my exit, I walk away from the class, knowing very well the destination as I headed east, taking a staircase for a level below before turning to the right.

"My goodness, this is heaven!" I said, allowing the cold water to touch my face. I was confused on how I could be so sleepy when I sleep quite early last night, for eight hours to be exact.

I didn't even have my usual drama marathon last night, trust me. And Sehun also didn't hosted his usual Thursday night party last night, English test he said, and he couldn't afford to fail or else his credit card will be taken away. So everything was peaceful, last night at least.

After a few minutes which seems forever, I step out from the WC and took a detour to the nearest vending machine for Cola. Inserting the coins, pushing the right button, everything was quiet as I waited the can to roll down.

"Emm hi," A sweet, honey like voice spoke, so I turned my head to the owner, only to find to people with confusion and lost written all over their face. The owner of the voice belongs to a petite cute girl, standing at 163 cm, she gave her sweetest smile and a charismatic yet scary vibe at the same time. Her friend was a boy, and as I am quite tall for a girl, our height difference didn't differ too much. With a face that can rival a beauty queen, he is cute, has this doe-like eyes and a comforting aura.

I tilt my head as I ask like a good samaritan, "Yes?"

"Well, my friend here lost our map," I swear I saw she glare to him for a second, and the boy grinned in guilt, "and we got lost on our first day here, and emmm, could you please tell us where the class 3-2 is?"

Again as a good samaritan, I said, "Well, the class 3-2 is just one level above, but I can show you if you want to. I have to pass by year 3 classes anyway,"

The girl beamed. "Thank you,"

"No problem," was the reply.

We walk and walk until we reach Class 3-2. "Here," I said. They thanked me again, guess I deserve a praise for the good deed.

"You are late," Mrs Lee said sarcastically. Of course, the usual 5 minutes tour became a 15 minutes one.

"Yeah, well," I couldn't find any acceptable excuse, any before I could think more, I was interrupted.

"Well Miss Oh, now please go and get yourself into a pair for the assignment that I've assigned your class. Dateline, next monday," I breathe out, relieved. It was already great that she didn't really turn into a gruesome monster that got angry every single time like our librarian, Miss Jung.

I walk to my place as I notice almost everyone got their partner already. I turned to Joy, only to find out Zelo already dragged his chair to sit right beside her and she look at me apologetically. "It's alright," I mouthed. So as everyone literally already have a partner, that left me and.... the delinquent boy. I sighed and make my way towards him.

"Hey Jeon," I called out. Unfortunately, he didn't bulge as he was still listening to whatever it is on his headphone and eyes closed.

I reach out my arm, and as if my hand got an electric flow from it, he open his eyes immediately and slapped my hand away. Taking off the headphone, he asked, "What?"

I swear he looks like he was on crack at the time, with his sleepy eyes and dishevelled hair. I tried to control myself from rolling my eyeballs.

"You. Me. Assignment. Partner,"

"Why me?"

"Because nobody's left," I answered, before I drag the nearest chair to sit, just in front of him, face to face.

"So she wanted us to do?" He shrugged.

I sighed, retreating from my seat to ask Joy instead.

 

 

 

 

Anyyeong dearest readers! I'm back. Well not that I really have a writer block, but I failed my exams and guess what? I have to repeat an entire year of medical school. Which a lot, and I'm kinda lost my motivation to write anything. But now I've come back, thanks for waiting patiently!

Ps : Two new character emerged! I'm pretty sure you can tell who are they right? ^^