Candles

Candles

“Candles. I want lots of candles.” Taemin said to his boyfriend Jinki on a park bench. He played with Jinki’s fingers, which are attached to an arm which is draped over his shoulders. The biting chill of the autumn air didn’t bother them, the rapidly falling leaves to pretty to stay inside. The couple just sat there watching the people, the trees, the squirrels, or anything else and just talked. The city park was full of that sweet late-Sunday-afternoon light, and the children were enjoying their last few hours before they had to go back to school. Taemin and Jinki both had jobs and college classes to attend the following day, so they were enjoying the peace as much as the kids.

“Candles? Why would you want candles?” Jinki scoffed lightly. He turned to his boyfriend and looked at him. He was so peaceful, and so damned pretty he couldn’t believe it. Jinki just tightened his arm around the younger man and looked back to the park. He could not believe that man was his, and he didn’t want him to ever not be his.

“Why not? It sets the scene for the perfect romantic date. Hundreds of tea lights, rose petals, and all of that stuff is so romantic. What’s not to like about it?” Taemin inquired.

“Well, remember the time when you set yourself on fire?” Both of their minds flew back to almost a year before. Jinki had cooked dinner and invited Taemin over to his apartment. He had lit a couple candles for ambience, and soon after they were done eating things started to get a bit heavy. There was kissing and touching and soon enough Jinki had hoisted Taemin on the table. Having forgotten about the candles, Taemin leaned back just a little to far and the back of his shirt was soon on fire. Obviously, the mood of the evening was ruined, but no major injuries were sustained.

“We’d be more careful! We wouldn’t put the candles anywhere near where we would be, you know, doing stuff.” Taemin responded. The blonde haired boy looked up to his boyfriend and Jinki chuckled at his enthusiastic response. “Well all-high-and-mighty Jinki, what would you have on your ideal date?”

“There is only one thing I absolutely must have. Anything else doesn’t matter to me.” Jinki said, looking towards the sky and beyond in an attempt to sound mysterious and deep.

“What would that be?” questioned Taemin, curious as to what his boyfriend wants. I’m willing to shell out anything if it’s all he wants, Taemin thinks.

“You. That’s it really, provided that you still love me. Because you are my everything~~~.” Jinki smiled at the younger one as he sighed and got up.

“Stop singing in public, it’s embarrassing!” Taemin started walking to a tree across the way as Jinki started to chase him.

TAEMIN NEOMU YEPPEO!!!!” Jinki sings/screams at Taemin. He reached Taemin and traped him in hug from behind.

“Stop singing that song! I don’t even really like SHINee!” Taemin sighed, trapped by the other’s arms.

Replay, replay, re- wait I thought you loved SHINee.” Jinki said confusedly.

“You’re right. I lied. I do love SHINee. But seriously, stop singing, it gives us more attention than a reasonable gay couple should have” said Taemin. Jinki let go of him, and instead gripped his hand. They both started walking towards their home, smiling brightly.

“Hey Taeminnie, why don’t we make a dream date of our own when we get back, if you know what I mean.”

“Ugh, I have no energy left after you chased me halfway across the park. I can give you a rain date though.”

“Or we can sleep instead. Sleeping’s good.”

~~~~~

A/N: This is my first fluffy fic. Just a little one shot

Prompt: Taemin / Onyoo / Remember when you set yourself on fire? (From the SHINee prompt generator)