Final 끝

1004

 FINAL

1004 days had passed since the dreadful day she had disappeared from his life. His smile was gone, a faint memory to the people close to him. He had closed the gates to his heart, tucked his soul into a corner of the world. The man that was once full of life was now just dull, a body without any sense, a breathing corpse. Tired bags lay underneath the eyes that looked everywhere and saw nothing.

 He cursed the wall that had tooken her away from him, bounding him to the cruel world. A wall that separated both worlds from eachother, and her love from him. Fate was cruel. They had taken her too early. He was all alone in this hell. His hand held the small object that would choose his fate and he tightened his grip on its sleek handle. 

 His eyes closed as he sighed in remembrance of their joyous memories they had back then, and the bittersweet ones he had hoped for in the future that could never happen. 

  Bright lights flashed around the two as they circuited around on the painted wooden horses of the carnival ride. They had stayed there all afternoon that day, laughing in each other's presence. 

 He had visited the carnival again when she had left him and found the place in ruins. The horse's lay still, their paint cracked and the wood carved rough, chipping and rotting away into the ground. His eyes welled with unshed tears, the horses only bringing him further pain in the memory of his love. Nothing could withstand time; not the horses, nor their time together. 

 An icy field stretched across his vision of sight as he watched her admire the frost-bitten meadow. Coming to his side, she closed her hand around his and took out the ornament from his jacket.

Burying it in the cold ground, they had stood together. That day they had promised to support each other's walls. Like a castle, they would stay strong, and never cave in to an attacking army.

 Visiting her grave wasn't enough for him. He wanted to see her laughs and smiles, her happiness that had owned his very being. It seemed like an eternity before he finally got up and walked towards the mirror, his steps reverberating along the wood.

 Bringing the glinting object up, all he could think about was her. Nothing else mattered to him as the trigger was pulled. The sound echoed through the room and his eyes filled with darkness. He would gladly be an angel to see her again....

" You are like an angel "