Ch. 3

Kim Sooyeon

You waited but you got impatient so you checked your wallet to make sure you had enough cash to ride a bus, you didn’t really like collecting cash, you preferred to save your money in one card. Just then someone carried away your wallet and you were left dumbfounded for a few seconds before your little legs tried to catch the thief. You were so panic that you couldn’t make any sound so no one knew someone just stole your wallet.

And now what? You questioned yourself.

“Kim Sooyeon!” you turned around after a voice calling your name. It was Lee Hyejin and you were so relief to see her that you ran to her and hugged her. “Are you okay?” she asked when she felt you sobbing.

“It was so crowded and I couldn’t see you guys! I wanted to get off on the next stop but it was so hard to get off! My phone is off and someone stole my wallet!” you blurted out anything happened to you. “And the worst was a man had his armpit in front of my face!!” just then you saw someone standing not so far from you and Hyejin, smiling. It was Hwang Minhyun. “Where are the others?” you released.

“Waiting at the bus stop we should get off, in case you ride a bus to go back.”

Fortunately all five of you arrived at Gina’s house in time, right before the rain poured down. 30 minutes after, you were still faced with empty sheet in Ms Word. The rain made all of you lazy and just wanted to lie around the couch and watched movie. “Well, to make a good movie we should watch many movies,” was what Gina said before you watched movie together.

The movie ended together with the rain but moon had replaced the sun and all five of you agreed to make the script by yourselves and then there will be a vote for the best script. With the help of Hyejin’s phone you  successfully made a call to your driver to pick you up.

“Omo!” you accidentally snudged a glass of coffee. Not only it was smeared on the table and the carpet, but also on JR’s shirt as he was laying on the floor. “I-I’m sorry, I... I didn’t mean to. I’m sorry.” You quickly apologized but JR’s expression was unreadable.

“No, that’s okay.” He said in a cold tone with his unique voice.

“And you should wear this tomorrow.” You felt worse by the thought of he should wear the shirt tomorrow to school. “Should I wash it? I’ll make sure to give it to you tomorrow, I promise!”

“That’s okay.” He said with pressure in each words.

The next day you saw JR went to school without his shirt uniform, it was t-shirt under his blazer. When he crossed your path with his friends he didn’t even bother to glance at you which made you feel bad and scared in the same time. It would be better if he told you to clean the shirt because that way at least you did something in response, but he chose to leave you with guilt.

“Hey, Kim Sooyeon!!” Soomi and Bora escorted you on your way to class.

“What?”

“What did you do yesterday?!” Bora had her eyes shooting you sharply.

“Do you want me to tell you my activity since morning or just—“

“What did you do yesterday with JR?!”

“WHAT!?!” you were surprised to know Bora and Soomi knew the reason why JR didn’t wear his uniform. You didn’t think anyone had told anyone.

“Yes, what did you do yesterday with JR?!!” this time Soomi put her hand beside your head to lock you from going anywhere.

“I...” lucky you the bell rang, telling all the students to go into the class because the class would start soon. You pushed two shoulders in front of you and ran away to your class. “Hey, Kim Sooyeon! We demand your explanation at lunch!”

After you succeeded escaping from your friends, you heard a voice calling your name and by the voice you knew exactly who was calling you, JR. Your mind was stuffed with every possibility why JR called you. Maybe he wanted to sue you, maybe he wanted to mock you, maybe he wanted to borrow your shirt, maybe he wanted you to buy him a new one, maybe he wanted to punch you, maybe he wanted to eat you, maybe he wanted to kiss you, WHAT AM I THINKING!!! You mentally smacked your head with a hammer.

“Aa!!” you screamed in shock when someone came up from the curve and you fell on your . Running and the shock caused your heart to beat irregularly again and you felt dizzy, your vision got blurred. And the worst was the chest pain before finally your vision got all black.

“Oh, look! She’s awake!” the nurse said as you opened up your eyes. You looked around and found the nurse and two guys you really hated to see that time, JR and Minhyun. First you hated to see JR because you were scared and second you hated to see Minhyun because he saw you crying like a baby yesterday and he was smiling.

“You’re awake?” JR pinched your cheek and it was hurtful. He might mean it playfully but he might be too strong that it hurt you.

“Did I faint?” you mumbled as you tried to sit because it got a little shameful laying down while two hot guys stared at you.

“Yes, I see you have arrhythmia?” the nurse asked.

“Yes.”

“You shouldn’t be running then, you know it, right?”

“Yes.” Once again you just agreed like a little kid being scolded.

“Why did you run?”

“Because the bell rang.” You lied.

“Didn’t you run because I called you?” JR spoke up again and you just wanted to stuffed his mouth with your shoe.

“No.”

“Whatever the reason is, you shouldn’t be running because your heart might beat irregularly and you can’t control it.”

Just then a question popped up in your head and you uttered it, “Who brought me here?”

“Both of us.” JR again.

Your thought flew away, imagining how the two brought you there; Minhyun was holding your hands while JR was holding your feet, your head was toppling backwards.

“What do you mean by both of us!” Minhyun pushed JR’s shoulder.

“Okay, you bring her here on your back but I was the one to put her on your back. Isn’t it considered both of us brought her here?” wow, that was the longest sentence you had heard from JR. He didn’t look cold nor arrogant at all as you paid more attention to him.

You sighed, feeling relief to know they didn’t carry you the way you imagined. “Then, I’ll just go back to the class.” You went down from the bed.

“Wait!!” too late, the nurse wanted to warn you your ankle was hurting but too late, you had fallen and you felt how painful it was. “You okay?”

“Not okay.” You muttered.