The Beginning

The Special Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Greetings Miss Lee, here is the keys and DRC card to grant access to your dorm. The dorm number will be 444, at the fifth level. I hope you will have a pleasant stay here." The receptionist at the general office remarked. 

"Thank you" I smile sweetly at her, took my belongings and went to find my brother, Lee Min Ho. 

"Hey there little girl, done with the paperwork?" Min Ho embrace me in a hug while asking. 

"Yup" I popped the p sound and sigh inwardly. 

"I know what you're thinking. But trust me, you will get use to it soon. At least it's better than going back to the apartment we called home." I grimaced at his words, the flashbacks replay in my head again. 

*Flash-black*

"My biggest regret is to marry you!" My so called father shouted fiercely at my mum. 

As usual, I was in my room, completing my assignment and try to ignore the heated argument between them.

*BAM*

Suddenly a loud bang echo down the hallway.

Not again.

Immediately, I sprinted to the location they are at and I saw my mum, lying down there with a swollen face. There is fresh blood streaming down her face line. 

"What the hell you think you are doing!" I yelled loudly and glare at him. 

"Stay out of my away!"

Refuse to bulge, I stood infront of my mum.  

As if on cue, it irritates him even more. He aggressively shove me out of the place and continue to throw punches at my mum. Without any hesitation, I ignore the burning sensation and used my body to block my mum.

And still, he continue to senselessly threw fists and kicks towards us. 

I shut my eyes tight and hug my mum closely to me.  It's going to be over soon. Endure it, Lee Jieun. 

My father is a jerk inside out. He did all sort of things that are related to bad. You name it all and he might did almost all of it before. 

And this, is nothing new in our family. Him resorting to physical violence anytime he feels like it while my mum will always go back to him again and again despite countless time of us telling her not to. As we grow older, we started to stand up for ourselves and fight back. He knows he can't do anything to us anymore so he vent it all out on my mum. 

Few years ago, things has gotten better because my brother will actually protect me and my mum at all cost. However, since my brother is aquarius, he is a guardian. One special ability a guardian has is the ability to read the mind of people.  Their responsibility is pretty simple. To protect and guard the others. Basically known as the protector. Because of him being a guardian, he needs to be send to some sort of special stay-in training in the academy. In other words, he is no longer home frequently and this give my father an opportunity to strike it on us again.

After my father is done relieving his anger, he left the house. 

My mum wipe a tear off her face and approach me. "Babygirl, he did not - "

"Don't." I spat out loud. 

"Not now, mum. I am not in the mood to have the 'he did not mean it' convo." I rolled my eyes and gently rub the new bruises I got a while ago. 

"You have to understand that he suffers from bipolar disorder and is dealing with anger management issues!" My mum let out an exasperated sigh.

"K." was my repond back to her.

"He loves us. He really do. He is trying to adapt and deal with it. We should give him the support." She said in a much more gentler tone. 

"Oh yea? How about the time where he brought random women home and bang on them? And how about the scar on the corner of my lips? If that is the defintion of putting in effort, I'm pretty sure he did a really good job." I replied, filled with sarcasm.

Before she can reply, Min Ho abruptly came in and saw the sight of me, with a big bruise on the right side of my face and several other wounds on the other parts of the body. 

"Oh my gosh. I should have brought you with me!" Min Ho inspected me from top to bottom, making sure I do not have any other serious injuries. 

"How did you get out?" I asked.

"Er obviously not through the main entrance." He replied while still observing me. 

"I'm fine, Min."

"No you're not. This is it. I'm not going to give in any more. That jerk has pulled the last straw. I've applied the dorms for both of you and they granted the approval." 

"So, I'm not going to care whether you guys like it or not, I'm going to bring you two back to the academy and stay in the dorm." His tone became serious. 

The first who objected will be my dearest mother. 

"No!" 

"Oh yes! I will make sure you two get out of this hell hole by the end of the night. Even if I need to physically drag you there, by all means, I will do it. And end of discussion." He brushed past me and walked to my room, probably packing my belongings.

 *End of flashback* 

I will love to stay in the academy as long I'm away from my dad.  But that night, my mum threatened to kill herself if Min Ho force her to stay in he dorm. And personally, I could move out anytime I want but I stay there in order to protect her in my own way.

 Yet she pushes all of us away and still insist on staying together with my dad despite how he treated her. 

Sometimes I don't understand why my mum chose to stay with a guy like that. 

"Min, will mum be okay......?" I mumbled softly. 

He took in a deep breath and replied, "She is an adult, I can't force my way into her. If that's her decision, we need to respect her." 

I sighed. again. 

"Come on babygirl, let's head to your new dorm." 

I unlock the room of my dorm and strolled in. The dorm itself it's pretty huge. It's like an apartment just that it only has two rooms. It has one living room, a balcony,kitchen, one bathroom and a storage room. 

I took a left turn and marched towards my room. There is practically nothing in the room. Just four walls.  

"It's pretty spacious isn't it? I already ordered your furnitures and bed, they will probably be there in noon. I will get a telekinesis here later to help moving with the furniture." 

"Oh and I helped you apply a leave from lessons today. So try to get comfy with your new room here. And - " 

"Alright alright I got it. Stop nagging like an old hag." 

Min Ho glare at me "I'm trying to help. Oh and babygirl? Remember the muay thai i signed you up for?" 

I nod my head slowly and replied, "Yea, why?" 

"Practice them alright. I heard that your new room mate is a guy. If he do anything funny, make sure you defend." My bro exclaimed. 

"Yea yea, like he will pick on someone like me to target at." 

"Is this regarding your self esteem issues again? How many times must I tell you that you're beautiful inside out, babygirl?" His facial expression softens while I just gave him a tight smile. 

You will never understand how insecurity can kill a girl's mind. 

"Oh and one last thing. I heard that the new class you got into, there are a lot of es. So if they ever bully you or hit on you, don't ever let them just do it alright? Remember what I said: -"

"If they hit you, make sure you hit them back real hard before reporting to the tutor." 

"Yup, that's my little girl." He proudly said.

"Seriously?? WHICH BROTHER ACTUALLY TEACH THEIR SISTER SUCH THINGS?"

"Oh and and one last thing!"

"ARGH. LEE MIN HO. JUST GET OUT OF MY ROOM!" I threw the pillow at him and he immediately raised his hands up in surrender. 

I face the mirror and rolled up my sleeves gently. I took in a sha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter