Train Rides (alternate ending)

Train Rides

He breaks the silence and says, “You know, sometimes I just let the words fill the melody and my fingers key in the notes. Sometimes they don’t match, sometimes they do. The words and the melody form the song but the message it makes forms the music. I guess that’s what I want to do once I graduate, I don’t want to make a song or a piece or a tune, I want to make music.”

 Love indeed felt the same fireworks the other had felt inside the coffee shop. Love has never seen someone so passionate that it made his soul striking. Love is in awe; love is in love.

They spend the rest of the afternoon inside the music room, playing old songs and singing lines that subtly represented how they felt for each other – both of them of course, were, somehow assuming but acted oblivious. He was hoping that love could feel and love was hoping as well.

 They separated at the train station, love had to be somewhere and he had to go home. He lets love go once more but this time, he had never been so sure that love will find its way to him – in music sheets, in emails, in phone calls, in train rides.

 

Love went to the coffee shop, he takes the night shift there and as he makes a cup of hot chocolate for the customer, he remembers how he felt when he saw love holding a teddy bear in the school’s playground. He turned down love when they were 6 because he was scared, he remembered how he parked in front of love’s neighbour’s house and smiled at love because it was him he really wanted to see. He remembered how love sang for him even if he had loved someone else before. Today, he feels lucky to have found love – there, sitting right next to him inside the train. He hands the drink to the customer and he remembers those beautiful fingers, he looks up and finds love staring at him, smiling as their hands brushed against each other.

 

Indeed, as Erich Fromm would say, you can exchange love only for love.

 

 

 

 

Didn't expect myself to post this alternated ending lol but here u go 
I hope you'll like this as well