Chapter 1

The Innkeeper

The trip had been good, in Aera's opinion.

For someone who hated sand, light, and water, it was amazing that she actually enjoyed the beach with her older brother, Xiumin, who was also on vacation.

Everything was great....nothing weird or creepy.....the sun was shining and there were plenty of people.

Sadly, for Aera and Xiumin, the vacation had ended too quickly, and they had to go back to their home in Seoul.

They left the beach, driving on a familiar and popular highway. The stars twinkled in the sky, but Aera didn't feel right.

"Xiumin, don't you feel...weird...? Like someone is following you? Or you're being watched?" she asked, hesitantly.

Xiumin, who was driving, pursed his lips for a moment, thinking hard.

"Well, now that you mentioned it...maybe?" he said. "But, you read too many horror stories. It must be your imagination!"

Soon, they were headed on a dark and unfamiliar path.

Aera shivered. She was scared. So was Xiumin.

In the other seats were Xiumin's friends : Lay, Baekhyun,Luhan, and D.O.

They were a friendly bunch.

Lay spoke for the first time since he'd waken.

" We'd better stop...It's not good to be out here alone like this in a place we don't know."

Aera had to agree with him. She felt, weird. Tingly. Sensitive to everything. Scared.

For the first time, she regretted reading the horror fanfics she liked so much.

D.O.,Luhan,Baekhyun and Xiumin, on the other hand, wanted to keep going.

So they kept going.

The wind whistled through the trees. 

Aera snuggled deeper into her warm black fuzzy blanket. She felt safe, between D.O. and Luhan's bodies.

Pine trees scraped at the windows. Luhan peered at Aera, worried. 

"You okay?"

Aera wanted to scream. "NOOO, Derp child, i am NOT okAYYYYY"

But she didn't. She was too weirded out.

Baekhyun spoke up, quietly. The silence in the car felt, sacred.

"I think we should stop for the night."

Xiumin nodded, and pulled over. 

Ahead in the road, was a small, quaint cottage that beared warmth and light through its windows. A small wooden sign, "The Devil", hung from a lamppost.

"How about we stop here?" said Luhan.

"The name bothers me," said Xiumin.