And so it Begins

When You're All Alone

 “Are you kidding me?! What the hell is going on and why are you acting like old friends?!” Baekhyun and Chanyeol say at the same time.

“That’s because we are totally like old friends! I’m Ken by the way.” Ken says to them while they continue to have animated conversations with the SuJu elves.

“So this whole thing was a test?!” Kris and Suho ask as they walk up to the overly friendly group. They were so stressed over getting this right and it feels less impressive now that they know it was just a test.

“Wait you guys said that they told you so, if this wasn’t the Suju Hyungs testing us then what were you testing us for?” Xuimin said addressing the six men who were laughing and chatting with Suju.

“Truth be told were testing your ability to handle a strenuous scenario and how you would go about protecting somebody you didn’t really know.” The leader of the group said to them as they all introduced themselves.

They were an old group of Incubi, clearly not as old as the elves but not too much younger either. They feed off of the ual desires of women and slip themselves into dreams, creating fantasies for women that feed their needs as well. They don’t harm women in anyway, though it looks like it the worst thing they are actually doing is invading someone’s privacy, which sounds bad but with what Incubi used to do, they are definitely the good guys.

“So this was a test to see how well we would handle protecting Miss Natsume?” Suho asks looking between the group of Incubi and the girl in question.

“Whoa whoa wait a minute, when she first showed up I completely checked her out and her mind was completely impenetrable, how in the world did you guys get in there without her even sleeping?!” Luhan explained looking angry that they did something he could not.

“Not only that but now she knows what we are, she has become a liability to every single one of us.” Suho states, specifically addressing the leaders of both the groups.

“None of us have anything to worry about, Natsume wouldn’t tell a soul anything”

“Let alone willingly talk to anyone in general, hey oww!! Hey am I wrong?” Ken said as Natsume came up beside him and smacked his head…hard.

“Why not just ask her rather than assume she’s now a threat, simple minded idiots.” Leo says as he walks over to check on the still absent minded Natsume.

****************

“I can assure you that I would never tell anyone about you, I haven’t told anyone about the SN’s I have met and trust me when I say that I know of many who would be in big trouble if their existence was known.” I say as I finally regain all my senses after being “taken over” by the Incubi.

“Yeah because our kind would easily assume that you’re a great human just like the rest that are good at keeping secrets.” I hear Sehun say as Kai and Chanyeol nod in agreement.

“Seriously, you guys are supposed to protect me, and seeing as you just proved yourselves, I know you will be watching me, like I’ll have a chance to tell anybody anyways.” I say bluntly. I know why they feel this way and I honestly don’t blame them at all.

“Alright alright it’s been a long day let’s all head to bed, you boys can stay here tonight, its closer to school anyways, just send Kai and the other maknae to pick up your uniforms for in the morning. You can also Natsu to school so she will know the route from here.” Donghae says as he turns to the other group of boys as well.

“They will take up the spare rooms but you guys are more than welcome to stay in the guest room, I have plenty of futons for you guys.”

“That would be great thank you hyung, come now let’s go get settled.” Ravi says as he, Hyongbin, and Hyuk head upstairs as N and Leo chat with Leetuek, well mostly N chatting and Leo looking like he wished he wasn’t standing there.

“Then we will get settled as well, come on kids let’s get some relax time in before we have to deal with the horde tomorrow.” Kris says as they too head up the stairs.

Some of them give me little smiles and nods as they pass me while others either ignore me or give me a glare, I don’t blame them, it’s my fault they had to go through this. I mean it isn’t like I planned the whole thing, I didn’t even know it was them until I caught a whiff in the woods right before Ken grabbed me and explained their stupid yet necessary plan. Just what I needed was to have the people already inconvenienced by having to look after me pissed because they had to go through trails for something they obviously don’t wanna do. Of course to add to that they make it sound like schools gonna be a hellhole and hold up say what?

“Hyung did you say the spare room?” I ask Donghae as I walk up to him and some of the others.

“I did.”

“Oh so I’m a damsel in distress and tonight’s meal huh, you do know I have school in the morning so what are you thinking?” I say as I roll my eyes and head upstairs as well, hopefully they didn’t claim my bed as theirs already.

“Hey we can feed off of many different kind of dreams, they know that and so do you, do you not want us with you?” Leo asks me looking almost sad.

“I didn’t mean it like that at all Oppa, I just meant that Ravi and Ken are going to keep me up all night, and even when I sleep they try talking to me in my dreams, sometimes they are like children.” I say back, I didn’t mean to sound like I didn’t want them there I always love when they are, but those two, what am I saying all of them actually can be a little clingy.

“You’re telling us? We have to live with them, ugh.” N says as Leo nods lazily behind him in agreement

. “Wait you’re gonna let them sleep in the same room as our precious baby girl, no I forbid it, and she will sleep beside me!” Siwon announces now that he finally figured out what we’ve been talking about.

“Anyways it’s getting really late and as everyone knows I have school in the morning so come on Hyungs, off to bed we go, see you all in the morning!” I say as I drag Leo and N upstairs with me so that way I don’t have to suffer being smothered by Siwon Oppa.

“You never wanna be with me anymore, why!!??” I hear Oppa yell as we go up to my room. Seriously Oppa…that is precisely why, so clingy. Can I please find some Oppas that aren’t so into skin ship, I’m not used to it and I feel awkward.

As we head to my room I see a few Exo members coming in and out between three bedrooms and the bathroom, most likely them brushing their teeth and stuff, many are in Pj’s and holding tooth brushes so I’m assuming Kai has made it back with everyone’s stuff. As I turn the corner I almost bump into Lay, who seems to be in a daze, maybe he’s tired.

“Whoa, sorry about that I was just thinking and not paying attention to where I was going.” He says to me and I notice he has little dimples when he smiles.

“It’s no problem really, I wasn’t being all that observant of my surroundings either.” I say and reply with my own smile, his is contagious and also adorable.

“Well get some good sleep tonight, tomorrow might be a little more intense than you think it will be.” Kris says as he comes out of the bathroom next to us, shirtless with a towel around his shoulders

. “Especially now that you will be heading to school with us.” Xuimin chimes in popping his head out the door on the opposite side.

“Thanks so much for what you all did for me today, I will sleep well and see you all in the morning.” I say, keeping a straight face even though my eyes can’t seem to stop staring at Kris.

“..” Leo gives a glare and drags me to our room at the end of the hallway.

Once in my room we find Hyuk and Hyongbin already cozy on the futons falling asleep, Ravi is watching a video on his phone and, hmm wait where the hell is Ken?! I look over at Leo who just raises and eyebrow, turning to N he just shrugs and starts to get ready for bed, seriously this is how they handle him now? N used to get so furious when he played these little games, unless he’s out there bothering the wolves…damn it man why?

! “I’ll be back, geez you lazy bums.” I say as I head to the door.

“Hey we’ve had to live with him way longer than you’ve even been alive.” I hear N say as I shut the door behind me.

Once outside I try to focus my mind for any sign he is most likely sending out as a hint to his location. My gut leads to one of the three rooms the boys are staying in, I hear small chit chat and of course snoring. After standing outside the door I’m positive he’s inside this room, he may even be in one of the snorers’ dreams already, yay for me, I love childish games. -_- I have to go in there and tell them I’m positive Ken is in here; they think I’m just a normal human and I need it to stay that way. After it took them forever to figure those guys out, if I come waltzing in like it was nothing that will send off plenty of alarms. Oh well lets knock.

*Knock Knock*

“Seriously who knocks to enter..Oh Natsume, can we help you?” Kyungsoo says opening the door.

“Hey, sorry to bother you but when I got to my room I noticed Ken, the troublesome one, was missing and I was just checking to see if he was with any of you?” I figured acting clueless was a better option.

“He isn’t with any of us, and I would know if he was messing with anyone here so look somewhere else and leave us alone.” Luhan said as Kyungsoo realized he was taking charge and stepped aside. He isn’t as sweet as he was when Xiumin was complaining about the food like earlier.

“I see, I’m sorry for being an inconvenience. Thanks anyways…ugh?!” I didn’t even finish my sentence before Baekhyun pulls me into the room.

“Hey sorry about him, he’s mad because Kai messed up his room looking for stuff, he doesn’t like people messing with his things. So that Ken is a trickster too huh, just my type of guy.” Baekhyun says with I smile I’ve seen before on other more familiar faces.

I did notice Ken chit chatting with him, Chanyeol and Chen, maybe they are pranking together, great, and just what I need is more Trolls.

“Do you know where he is?” I asked while scanning the room. Chen isn’t in here but Chanyeol is, and he’s sleeping, maybe he and Ken planned something and that’s why Luhan hasn’t noticed, Chanyeol let him in like I did earlier.

It’s not easy to enter a strong mind and these wolves have a pretty tight mental connection, they have a strong pack bond. Luhan’s power must be inherited which is why I can’t tell what it is but he must have something to do with the mind and he is protecting all of them.

“Maybe. Maybe not.” He smiles wider.

“Like I said nobody but we are here. Go to bed, we have school tomorrow.” Luhan says again even more irritated than before. He walks away as if the conversation is over. Now I’m annoyed too.

“Ok Ken enough playing around, I’m tired and I don’t wanna play with you right now, if you don’t come now I’m not letting you sleep with me.” I say and give Chanyeol’s sleeping body a nudge with my foot.

“Seriously are you stupid or just deaf, I said..”

“No don’t say that I’m sorry I was just trying to lighten the mood and make friends, geez. Party Pooper.” I hear Chanyeol say but I know it isn’t him speaking.

“Sorry boys looks like the game has ended too soon.” Ken says appearing from a mist coming from Chanyeol.

“Aww man and it was about to get good, way to ruin it Hyung.” Chanyeol says getting up from the futon, addressing Luhan.

“Anyways, thanks again and see you in the morning.” I say as I grab Ken by the ear and drag him along with me.

“Next time we will get her I promise!” He yells to Chanyeol and Baekhyun as they thumbs up at him before the door closes.

“Seriously Oppa I could have given away a lot just by noticing you, what were you thinking?” I ask as I let go of his ear and we head to my room.

“I just wanted to help you make friends and get a head start on living a “normal” life. I didn’t mean to make you upset.” He says with a puffy lip.

Ugh.. “Its ok Oppa now let’s get some sleep.”

“You know I get that you’re trying to be normal here but don’t call any of us that, it’s really uncomfortable coming from you, just call us like you always have.” Ken says scratching the back of his neck.

“Ok I will, Hyung.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author Note*

Oh wow its hard to get a chapter out all the time now that football season has started. I do stats for my High School team and Ive been swamped, plus I got sick too but Im back at it so heres my longest chapter. Once she gets to school things should get more interesting. Let me know what you guys think about how Im portaying the boys and everybody else, I dont know them personally *even though we all wish we did lol* so i hope I make them seem like themselves! Anyways thanks for reading and dont forget to comment and subscribe.

Natsume