Chapitre 4

What is us ?

“Hey, stop that, don’t be hurt by my words I was just joking okay ?” Chanyeol glanced at Kris and gave him an apologetic smile. Sorry, I can’t remember anything, I’m sorry if I’ve hurt you. But Kris never smiled at him, not even once.

 

 

 

 

When he wakes up Chanyeol knows where he can find Kris, there is always this faint scent of coffee every time he wakes up indicating that the blond was in the kitchen. As always he was alone in his bed and there was always this feeling of disappointment that tells him that he was expecting something.

It’s cold. So he goes to the kitchen where Kris is because there is always that mug of coffee for him.

 

Today is not an exception. And without noticing it became a routine.

 

 

 

 

Today as well he wakes up alone in the big bed, the same king sized bed, still alone, with always the same scent of coffee coming from the kitchen. It was weird. It feels like someone is watching a movie and keep replaying it to the beginning. It’s been a month since he met Kris and been aware of the time passing.

 

“Why do you keep making a mug of coffee for me ?”

 

“Because you used to love it.”                        Used to love.

 

 

Something’s off, whenever he asks Wufan always reply with the same answer. It sounded like a broken record.

 

 

“Why do you keep making a mug of coffee for me ?”

 

“Because you used to love it.”           

He hates it.

 

 

 

He doesn’t understand Wufan and maybe never will. Chanyeol isn’t really sure if he really wants to.

 

 

“Hey, Kris.. I hate coffee..” Chanyeol mumbled as he stared at the coffee between his hand before drinking it.

 

“Yeah.. I know.” Simply answered Kris, eyes closed as if he refused to look at him.

 

I hate it.

 

 

 

 

“I’m getting sick of it.”

 

“Me too.”

 

 

 

 

Stretching his numb members then yawn was always something he’d do when he woke up before getting aware of the environment around him and today was no exception. As usual, he stretched himself and yawned before noticing it was still night and today again he fell asleep on the couch. Still lying on the couch he rubbed his eyes as he yawned one more time before getting up but ended falling on the couch still too tired. Sitting, he waited for his eyes to grow accustomed to the darkness when he noticed the sound coming from the bathroom. How weird, usually there’s no one at home at this hour. And Kris has never been here the night from the beginning.

 

Chanyeol knows because it’s usually silent. But tonight, it was different because there were those sounds.

 

The sound of someone showering and the sound of bare feet echoing through the flat.

 

 

 

 

“Wow, you slept on the couch again, did you sleep well ?” Said a soft and gentle voice. Chanyeol looked at the person talking to him without answering, feeling too hazy he lowered his gaze to yawn once more and stretching himself again.

 

“You won’t greet me huh..”  continued the person with the soft voice still waiting for Chanyeol’s answer. When Chanyeol felt a bit more awake he looked at his interlocutor again. But when he did, no words came to his mind. He just blinked, once then twice.

 

So beautiful.

 

She was wearing a black dress that suited her so well because of her curvy body, her skin was fair and her eyes were simply beautifully mesmerizing. She had a small face with a pretty nose, pretty winged eyeliner with pretty red lips and had hair with a beautiful shiny dark colour. Well, everything was pretty and beautiful. The woman in front of him was disturbingly stunning, she was maybe the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. But Chanyeol has no idea of who she is so he just stared at her while she smiled at him. He couldn’t take his eyes off of her so he just gulped and observed her getting closer to him.

 

“How surprising of you, today you stopped throwing at me those hate glares..” She sighed almost disappointed as she sat next to him on the couch. She continued to talk and he continued to listen to her, blabbering, but it wasn’t annoying it was pleasant and interesting. Maybe it was because someone was actually willing to talk to him. And with that, she continued to talk even if Chanyeol still hadn’t replied to any of her questions or attempt of conversation.

 

It was as if she didn’t expect him to answer.

 

 

“If I asked you, would you answer me ?”

“I expected this silence, don’t bother yourself to answer..”

 

 

Strangely it reminded him the first conversation he had with Kris, Kris never expected him to answer his question and she too doesn’t expect an answer. How disturbing.

 

 

“Hey, you’re kinda weird today.. You don’t glare at me like you usually do.” Her flow of word slowed as she leaned her head on Chanyeol’s shoulder. Her words were barely louder than a whisper and silently he continued to listen to her word and allowed her to rest on his shoulder. It felt wrong.  So very wrong.

 

“You don’t show any emotion on your face, you just keep listening to whatever I am saying today.. How strange, I don’t dislike it. Why are you being like this? Did something happen? Or maybe you forgot the way you used to treat me, but it’s only been one month since the last time we met..”

 

“Or maybe you hate me this much, enough for you to not answer me.”

 

Chanyeol was thinking and thinking, it was so wrong and so strange, there was something squeezing his heart mercilessly and it was so painful, he did not feel the desire to know more, it feels like it would kill him.

 

“I.. don’t.” he finally replied looking at her with sympathy and a little smile as he sighed. He was feeling so drained although he had just woken up. Then the lady in the black dress raised her eyebrows and looked at Chanyeol.

 

“Have you gone mad ?” she questioned him, raising her voice slightly.

 

“Why should I ?”

 

She only stared straight ahead, and hugged her long milky white legs, her head on the top of her knee while chuckling. “How funny” she murmured with a smug smile. Chanyeol fixed her with curious eyes. His heart beating a little bit faster than normal he waited for her to answer, patiently. Yeah patiently. He didn’t want to know, he didn’t need to know. But he knew he would have to face it.

 

 

Maybe because we share the same man.”

 

 

“Excuse me ?”

 

 

“Why do you look so hurt, it may be the first time that you actually show other expressions than hate and anger..” Their gaze met and locked, it seemed that he was absorbed by her eyes, where probably lies the truth. “Does it pain you that much that you are trying to forget? Why are you feigning like you are surprised when you knew all along? Are you trying to forget the painful truth? How coward of you..” she expressed with a hint of jealousy through her bitter smile.

 

Chanyeol flinched and was looking at her as if he just saw a ghost, his face remained stoic but his mind was a complete mess. His throat tightened painfully and his heartbeat speeding up. There were so many questions running through his head but no answer to calm his mind. He felt like dying.

 

“It’s a shame really, you are beautiful Chanyeol, really I mean it.. To say that Kris doesn’t even look at you. He has no use of you but he let you stay by his side..” her words echoed in his head, and it was hurting more than he would actually have thought. How pitiful of him to be affected by someone he barely knows.

 

“Don’t you know how lucky you are ?” She carried on, she was still here, next to him. And he didn’t move, he still listened to her soft voice.

 

“I really hate you, you know ?” she breathed, this once her voice was full of venom, but his face was expressionless.

 

“I don’t.” He doesn’t know how he can be lucky but he understands her.

 

“..” He understood the pain, the frustration, the anger she felt, somehow they were similar. And he couldn’t help but feel sorry for her too.

 

“Because you are suffering more than I do.” Because Chanyeol doesn’t remember his feeling for Kris.

 

Kris is Wufan, and Wufan is Kris. His husband. Cheating on him.

 

 

How could I be lucky when his heart is with someone else?

 

 

“Hey, give up on him,”  he said as he took her wrist. “He is already mine and this fact won’t change no matter how much you want him.”

 

She straightened herself before looking at Chanyeol once more and smiled as she chuckled before disappearing.

 

“How cruel of you.”

 

 

Chanyeol looked at his palm, remembering that he was holding her wrist a while ago. Remembering his words.

 

”Hey give up on him.” “He is already mine and this fact won’t change no matter how much you want him.”

 

He remembered, he was angry at this moment, he felt possessive, although he had no power on Wufan or right to claim him. Wasn’t he the selfish one? Obligating Wufan to stay at his side when he had no desire to? Or maybe it was him who couldn’t choose between the two. He couldn’t understand the situation, it was such a ed up situation.  

When he talked to her it felt like he was like his past self, the self he forgot. There was so many emotion rushing through his body. Emotions that were foreign to his present self. He wondered how he would have reacted back then.

 

 

He realized that he didn’t know the name of the lady, he sighed. How dumb of him.

 

 

When Kris appeared he was still sitting on the couch doing nothing, when he saw Kris, Kris was also staring at him.

 

“I’m not sleepy.” He said and the blond nodded, going to the kitchen Chanyeol continued to observe him.

 

“Where are you going ?”

 

Kris was already dressed, as always and Chanyeol in pyjamas. Nothing changed aside from that it wasn’t the morning.

 

As always Kris took his time to answer and it didn’t surprise Chanyeol.

 

“Somewhere.”

 

“Where do you sleep, I never saw you around the night.”

 

“Why do you ask ?”

 

“Just wondering.”

 

“Are you actually caring about me Chanyeol ?”  This time he didn’t answer, he looked at Kris confused. Kris was taking his coat which was hanging on a chair then he took a few things in the living room.

 

“I-“

 

“I’m kidding.” He answered fast, Kris looked at Chanyeol and he did the same, he examined his expressionless face, trying to find something that could help him to understand the person in front of him.

 

“You’re cute.”

 

“What-“

 

“Why are you here anyway? Shouldn’t you be with Se Hun ?” The blond continued

 

Chanyeol looked lost but Wufan continued, not caring if the boy was following what he said.

 

 

“Hey Chanyeol, aren’t you tired of playing ?”

 

“What are you saying Kris.. Aren’t you the one playing here ?” he answered automatically and it surprised himself, it was as if.. His old self was resurging occasionally. The blond only chuckled to the answer of the boy before approaching him.

 

 

 

 

“Shall I give you a good night kiss ?”

 

 

 

 

 

 


Thanks to Ayangyeng HearLuver11 darklilwolf Ezlynn1996 melmoon1102 Park_Chan_Lee_smile Ivy012345 for subscribing.

Thanks to Bystorm and HeartLuver11 for voting.

Thanks to Aisyahsamuri Ayangyeng anieina for commenting.

 

A lot of love for everyone reading this story and a Happy new year ! 

 

I am still sorry for not updating often .. TT TT

 

Have a nice day XOXO :)