Chapitre 1

What is us ?

 

That day he woke up in sweat, pupils dilated, panting like he had run a marathon he was gripping the blanket with both of his hands so tightly that his knuckles were already white. He slowly released the blanket with his breathing regularising, still breathing loudly with his chest rising and falling. As if he did a nightmare he wanted to shout or yell, to get past the fear he felt in his dream. But he couldn’t, his voice seemed to be stuck in his throat.  He might have a nightmare, surely but he had no memory of it. Or did he dream this night?

 

The room was colorless, he could have thought that he was seeing the world in black and white if he couldn’t see the blue sky or the sunbeam through the large window, even if his sight was a bit blur and his respiration not steady he stood up, shakily, but he managed to walk toward the door. He could hear his heart pulsing but only the sound that filled the room was his footsteps echoing through the room. Before opening the door he turned his back to the room to see how looked the bedroom from the door.                         Empty.                         Everything around him was ridiculously big, the king size bed and the room in itself. He suddenly felt alone. Where am I?

 

 

 

 

In this bedroom there was nothing personal, no picture, paint or photography, no bookshelves there is nothing aside from the large window, the king size bed or the bedside table with the lamp. Nothing. All he saw there was a room, black and white with a pinch of grey. As if the bedroom was coming right out from a magazine. Everything is clean and net, only the bed sheet was messy. He didn’t want to stay in the room, the atmosphere was too heavy for him, it was hard to breathe here. I can’t stay here.

 

 

He tries to think, to remember something, but he doesn’t, he can’t even remember himself how could he remember something else. Was this house or whatever it was, was his? Maybe he wasn’t at home, maybe it was somebody else’s home. So if it wasn’t his, what was he doing here? What was he doing here? Did he live here? Alone or with someone?             Where is he?

 

While exploring he found out that it was a flat and not a house, the flat had a large amount of space it was quite impressive but he didn’t like it. The flat had too much space for one person. He doesn’t like this flat, he doesn’t because it’s too big, too empty and too silent.

 

 

The bathroom was nothing different, it was the same as the bedroom, living room, study room or kitchen. Everything in the flat seemed to go out from an indoor catalog. Impersonal home. Black, grey or white. The only vivid colors were in the dressing, cloths only. Even though there were mainly suits and shirts. Was he an office worker?

The appropriate question was more like: Is that his home?

 

In the bathroom he looked at himself in the mirror, starring for a long time before reacting, touching his hair, feeling his skin. He was discovering his features, his face, his body, himself.             Is that me? He was tall, hair dyed brown there was a lot of details he could have said but he didn’t spare too much time staring at his reflection. He looked like an average person. But he doesn’t know what is average, he lost definition of average. Was he ugly? Or good looking? He doesn’t know things like that because he forgot. So he defined himself as average.

                        What do people think of me? And he titled this head to the right.

 

He observed the bathroom, looked everywhere, there were some beauty kinds of stuff such as cream or thing he didn’t know, there was some product with things written in a language he couldn’t understand... He tried to read but failed. What is that language... What is -... Is that chi- .. Cheese? No.. Ch- Chinese! I think... Also, near the bathroom sink, there was a cup with two toothbrushes, two. This home had two people living under the same roof. Maybe he was one of the two. Or maybe the person who lived here liked to have everything double like his bed or his flat who was very spacious. He didn’t care he just took a toothbrush, the blue one, and brushed his teeth. People should never forget to brush their teeth even if they lose their memory.

 

 

 

 

 He frowned, it was a confusing situation, his mind was fuzzy. It was upsetting, the fact that he was ignorant about his past life was upsetting him. The thinking wasn’t helping at all, the more he thought the more he was confusing himself. What had he done for forgetting? Has God punished him for something he did before?

 

He wandered in the flat, searching for some hints. Something who could tell him who he was.

He knows that he’s from Korea that he could speak Korean by watching the television. But it’s not by watching television that he will learn more about himself.

 

His voice, he doesn’t remember his voice, even if he forgot, the idea of speaking to himself didn’t cross his mind. He knows thing, he’s not dumb, he knows how to count, to read, to do calculus, the object around him like a sofa, a door or a spoon, he knows them, thing like that are basic, those thing come to him naturally, he doesn’t need to ask himself how. It’s natural. Yes, he knows the basic, but nothing about him.

 

But seriously, the flat was dead-silent, was he really living here? At the moment he thought that maybe the silence could kill him, he couldn’t even hear a bug fly. He tried to go out of the flat but couldn’t because he didn’t have the key and the door was closed

 

He searched into the whole flat but he can’t find something to help him to remember, nothing absolutely nothing. Frustrating. He ruffled his brown hair, thinking about everything and nothing. He doesn’t know what to do, where to search. But there was only one room he didn’t try. The study room. And then he knew where he had to search.

 

What to do if he finds something?

 

 

 

 

Opening the door slowly, he gulped, he didn’t know what he would find, was the idea was scary? He shacked his head. He must be brave. He didn’t know why but he doesn’t like this room, there was something frightening about this room. He had the feeling that the study room didn’t want him here or that he wasn’t welcomed here.

 

 

In the study room, everything was the same, nothing moved, he sighed in relief as if he was expecting something else.

He stared at the bookshelf, surprised to find books, they contained so many books maybe it was the only room who had that much, well actually it was the only room who had books but he didn’t spend time on staring at them even if he wanted because the desk seemed strangely more interesting, he would take his time to inspect the bookshelf later he thought.

On the desk, there were some folders and curiosity hit him, approaching the desk he flicked through it, well it was more like he forced himself to open it even if he didn’t really look at the folder’s content. And his eyes wandered somewhere else like the desk drawer, curiously the drawer seemed so much more interesting than everything else. With a loud sigh, he opened the drawer in a heavy silence as if the silence told him to stop, to go search somewhere else, that he would find nothing, that he didn’t have the right to be here. But maybe this room was his, but he forgot something, that the house, maybe wasn’t his. He knows that the curiosity had killed the cat, but he can’t stop what he’s doing because he had to know. Why does he have to know? Doesn’t know that too. He didn’t know why but he felt a little tired to search or maybe a little too lost. 

 

 

 

 

Inside there was a red folder put on the top of other folders, this one seemed important enough to be put on the top. With his shaky hand and fingers he grabbed it, maybe the content was pointless or maybe not, maybe it contained a few answers that might satisfy him, without waiting more he opened it, hastily maybe but he remained precautious. Because it may not be his. Well even if it was his he would be careful he thought.

 Against his expectations the folder contained a few sheets he thought that it would contain more than six or eight sheets, there were only three, well to begin the folder wasn’t really big nor heavy, he didn’t know why he was so surprised by the light content was he disappointed? The content seemed light but what was printed on the sheet sure wasn’t.

It was a marriage contract, more like a wedding certificate, was it different? He wasn’t sure, but a wedding certificate or contract isn’t anything. Was it the reason why the folder was on the top? Starting to read the document, eyes wandering through the sheet, left and right, up and down his eyes stopped at one word, and the first thing he read was: Wufan. A name.

His ? Or someone else ’s? Why did his eyes stopped at this name and not another word or name? He tried to read the second one but when he was about to, something cut him.

 

Someone who was entering the room.

 

And his whole body paralyzed like his heart missed a beat.

 

The man who intruded was tall as much as he was and maybe a bit taller than him, he seemed angry like very angry, furrowed brows. Yeah very angry like he wanted to kill him. But he was also very handsome, even if he couldn’t decide if himself was ugly or good looking he could say for sure that the man who was in front of him was good looking. The man was definitely handsome and good-looking, with his suit, white shirt, and tie, too bad he was angry. Maybe he should stop watching because the man was practically digging a hole in his head by staring. Maybe, but he can’t stop, his eyes are attracted to him, there is this imaginary bound between them, he can’t explain but he feels it. It’s bad. Very bad.

 

And a million of questions flooded his mind. Who was the man? Was he Wufan or someone else? Was he Wufan or the man standing in front of him was. He doesn’t know, he does not know. Panic gained him. He was lost, not only because of the silence but because of the man too. He was feeling confused and also frustrated because he doesn’t know anything more like he didn’t remember anything. He questioned himself, why did he forget, how did he forget. What did he forget? But he knew the answer. Everything. It seemed like he had forgotten everything about him and his past life. Including the man in front of him. He is the key.

 

He gulped, more than once actually, since the man entered the room, the bit stuck in his throat seemed not wanting to go away. He had definitely done something wrong. But what?

 

He could hear his heart beating loudly and slowly in his chest, so hard that he thought that his heart might break off of his chest. He can feel it, he’s in a bad position. He can feel it, this man in front of him is definitely powerful, he can break him. He’s frightened. He doesn’t like it. Not even a little bit. He can feel the hair of his neck raise, goosebumps all over his arms. He doesn’t like it.  He’s intimidated by him, he felt inferior and that’s not good. The man in front him is literally crushing him just by staring. 

 

Gulping one more time before breaking the silence, he tried to greet the man but ended up being cut harshly by the man. If we could say that. Because he just had the time to open his mouth that the man began to talk. As if he wasn’t allowed to talk.

 

 

 

“ What are you doing here. ”

 

 

 

 

 


 

Please be aware that English is not my first language, so it'll have a lot of errors. ( I hope it won't have too much.. )

 

I want to thank all the person who subscribed to this story, I didn't think that people would be interested..

Thanks to Kaynne for voting, I don't know why you voted because I didn't have published the first chapter, it was a really nice surprise for me!

Thanks to ZacKris for your kind and encouraging comment. 

Thanks to Mukenetsu, Aigo-is-Deby, Preciouswonkyu, Skritz, anieina, Kaynne and Zackris for subscribing.

You must all know that I really felt honored ( I was like : REALLY OH MY PEOPLE ARE SO GENTLE UGH )

But I can't deny that I felt quite pressured..

I didn't thought that people would subscribe, comment or vote.

I'm happy, and I hope I didn't disappoint you too much with my lousy chapter..  ( Sorry )

I really hope it will reach your expectation or not disapoint you too much..

Thank for all the love, I'll do my best to write a decent story that everyone could enjoy !

 

XOXO, and have a nice day. :)

 

 

I don't know what title I can put for this chapter so I didn't name it, maybe I'll find later...