Call me Oppa

A Love Longer Than a Moment (Hyungwon Fan fiction)

“So, I’ll just go shower now.”

“Okay. Do you want any clothes?”

“Um ... Clean clothes would be nice. I don’t intend on wearing nothing.”

“Ah, sorry. That was a stupid question to ask.”

“No worries,” Hyungwon chuckles. As I start to leave, Hyungwon calls out my name, “Hey Minji, can you wash my clothes? I would appreciate that a lot.”

“Um ... Underwear included?”

“Yes,” Hyungwon laughs, “Unless you’re the type of girl who likes collecting male underwear.”

“S-Shut up!” I turn away, furiously blushing.

“Thank you Minji!”

“Yeah, whatever!” I try to leave to get extra clothes, but he calls out my name again.

“Ah Minji wait! Can you wait? I still need to give you my clothes ... “

“What? Are you going to strip in front of me?” I sigh.

“No! Gosh no! J-Just let me strip off my clothes in the bathroom and then I’ll give it to you,” he turns his face and rushes to the bathroom.

Wait ... Was he blushing? Haha ... Wow, I didn’t think that boy would be the type to get flustered ...

I lean against the wall and wait for him to turn over his clothes. After a minute, the door slightly creaks and Hyungwon timidly holds out his clothes. Wow, he has a nice build and slender arms. I look at him, amused.

“Ah, take it quickly. It’s really cold in this bathroom.”

“Okay,” I giggle and take his clothes to put in the washer.

Just to make sure I don’t forget, I place the set of clean clothes - an over sized t-shirt and some basketball pants - near the bathroom door before going to the laundry room.

His clothes has a lot of dirt on them ... I wonder what kind of things he’s done to get his clothes in such a bad state ... I examine the clothes closely and fine blood stains on the soft fabric of his shirt and pants. Blood? That’s weird ... I just hope he isn’t part of a gang, haha ...

I soak his clothes in lukewarm water and scrub out the stains. After a few minutes, all the stains are gone.

“Perfect. Now it’s time to put it in the washer.”

I put his clothes along with my laundry in the washer and leave to prepare a meal.

Hmm ... Does he like meat? Or maybe I should I give him vegetables?

I look into the fridge and find spareribs, salty prawn, and sashimi on one of the shelves. Ugh ... Why does my mom always give me meat? She knows I’m vegetarian ... I guess I’ll give him this ... 

I take out the meat and place it on the dining table. Then, I proceed to cook rice and more side dishes. After half an hour, the kitchen is filled with the nice aroma of kimchi and soybean paste.

“Ah, I can’t wait to eat!” I squeal, jumping up and down after setting the table.

“Neither can I,” I hear Hyungwon behind me.

“Ah! When did you get here?” I turn around, flabbergasted.

“Just now,” he chuckles, “Let’s eat.”

“Yeah, let’s eat.”

Simultaneously, we both say, “Thank you for the food.”

I immediately chow down on the kimchi and bok choy seasoned with soybean paste accompanied by soft and moist white rice. 

On the other hand, Hyungwon looks at me, bewildered. “Hmm?” I ask, with my mouth full of food, “What’s wrong?”

“Um, nothing,” he looks away and stumbles his words over. He slowly takes the spareribs, sashimi, and salty prawn, along with a bowl of white rice. 

Delicately, Hyungwon munches on his food. I look up at him and notice his feminine movements.

“What?” he asks me with a frown.

“Nothing,” I drift off, “It’s just that you look like a girl when you eat.”

“What?” he chokes on his food. I snort at his reaction. After cleaning his throat he retorts back, “Well ... You look like a man when you eat.”

I laugh, ”Haha. You’re right, I do!”

“Agh,” he sighs, “Why would you agree to an insult?”

“Hm?” I giggle, “I don’t think it’s an insult really. You could be referring that I eat well.”

“Well, that wasn’t the case,” he scoffs, “I meant you eat like a pig.”

“Well then,” I retorted, “At least I don’t take five centuries to eat a grain of rice.”

“Hey! I dare you to say that again!” Hyungwon puts down his chopsticks and points at me.

“Okay. At least I don’t take five centuries to eat one grain of rice.”

“Aigoo ... I’m about this close to cussing you out right now!” He scoffs and shows the “closeness” by pinching his index and thumb together.

“Daebak! This rascal thinks he can cuss out his own noona!” I laugh with bitterness in my voice.

“Noona? Look here Miss, you look like you’re a middle school student.”

“Well for your information, I’m not! I’m actually in college.”

“Oh yeah? How old are you?”

“Pfft! As if I will ever tell a ert like you!”

“Aish ... I’m asking because it’d be proper for us to know who is the senior.”

“Whatever ...”

“I’m twenty-one.”

“I’m twenty-one too.”

“When’s your birthday?”

“When’s yours?”

“You tell me first.”

“No you.”

“Gosh, fine. January fifteenth.”

I stay silent.

“What? Why are you silent?” Hyungwon grins.

“No reason.”

“Then tell me your birth date.”

“January sixteenth ... “

“Pfft!” Hyungwon laughs loudly, holding his stomach.

“Hey stop!” I yell at him.

Noona, I think you owe me an apology.”

“I’m sorry okay.”

“Hmm, I don’t think sorry is going to be enough.”

“Then what will?!” I groan.

“Call me sunbae.”

“Heck no.”

Do it.

“No ...”

“Call me oppa.”

“No.”

“Fine. How about hyung?”

“What?! I’m not a guy!”

“Well you’re virile enough to be one.”

“Ugh. Fine.”

“What was that, hoobae?”

“Yes, hyung.”

“Ah, that’s correct.”

“Ugh ...”

“Let’s get back to our meal, hoobae,” Hyungwon smiles.

“Yes, hyung,” I groan.

We continue with our meal and after ten minutes, all the food is gone. Hyungwon offers me some help cleaning up, and I gladly accept. 

This is the least he could do ... After all he’s freeloading by staying in my apartment ...

“Hey Minji,” Hyungwon calls out my name.

“Yeah?”

“I’ve noticed that you didn’t touch any meat. Are you, perhaps, vegetarian?”

“Wow. I never thought you as observant.”

“Hoobae, you shouldn’t talk rudely to your Sunbae.”

“Whatever, you’re only older by a day!” I pout and splash some water on him.

“Hey, stop that!” He chuckles. He splashes water on me to retaliate.

“Agh!” I scream.

“Pfft!” He laughs and smiles, showing his perfect white teeth.

Soon, we end up having a water fight and then laughing so hard that we can barely stand up. Few minutes later, our shirts are drenched with soapy water.

“Hey Minji,” Hyungwon pants, “Can I use the shower?”

“No!” I reply, “Don’t be a sissy, just use a towel and it’ll dry off.”

“Wow,” Hyungwon frowns, “You wouldn’t even care if I got sick from wearing a wet t-shirt?”

“Well you don’t need to use the shower again,” I reason.

“True.”

“Just sit on the couch and I’ll get us both clean t-shirts.”

“Mm, okay,” Hyungwon smiles. I turn and go to my closet with a blushing face.

Author’s Note: I have an explanation for why Minji calls Hyungwon hyung instead of oppa. I'm not trying to be disgraceful to this wonderful Korean culture, but it shows Minji's and Hyungwon's feelings towards each other. Hyungwon and Minji do not have romantic feelings for each other (maybe just Mnji does but whatever) for now. Also, if you watched Monsta X Youngstreet, you can tell spareribs, salty prawn, and sashimi are his favorite foods~. 

Also, I don’t eat Korean foods, so I don’t know if this is the typical side dishes or even actually side dishes you eat. I just found these from a recipe site lol.

Oh, and I'll mention the cat in the next chapter~