[R] KillerGal

Ampersand Ads & Reviews [CLOSED]

Perfection

 

This story is amazing and the ending just killed me. I read it and just stared at it because.. wow? There are also some parts that are really cliche. Whenever people need a tortured artist who's just done with life, it's Kai nine times out of ten, and there's alsways a distiction between Kai and Jongin. And then some person comes (usually Kyungsoo, but in this case Baekhyun, because yay kaibaek) and gives his life meaning. And then someone dies.

With that said, I think the story is still really unique and I love it. I totally did not see the twist coming because I had been expecting the cliche, but after reading a couple of times, I see some foreshadowing.

Although I feel like it would be better if you slow down the development of Kai. You say that a couple of weeks has passed and stuff, but nothing really happened for him to change that drastically. But then again, their relationship isn't really the point (and I really really like the lack of romance because love isn't everything in life!) and as you said, Kai hasn't had any downs in life, so the smallest hit destroys him. And also the fact that Jongin was so obsessed with this so-called mystical connection that was actually all fake ... he was known as a prodigy and he was striving for perfection, but he was taken down by a con... idk.. I'm just rambling right now.

Sehun wasn't that important of a character, but I'm wondering what the weird look he gave Baekhyun meant..

 

 

As before, I love your style and descriptions. 

The ambiguous and melancholic aura oozes out of him the way vanilla oozes out of cream puffs. Vanilla is the core of cream puffs, just like how ambiguity and melancholy is the essence of Kai.

I think it's interesting that you have words like "ambiguous" and "melancholic" and compare it to cream puffs, because they're at different levels of sophistication (if that's the right word). But I don't know if that's a good thing. It changes the tone while describing, but also adds to your style.

Kai thinks of himself as a walking corpse (except he isn't as unattractive and doesn't smell like rotten apples dipped in expired milk).

Same thing for this. It's like comic relief, but takes the readers out of the story's mood.

 

 Because lies are built on truths and truths are built on lies; you can't have one without the other.

This is such a good quote omg

 

The one, who was more aware, hurts less later on. The one with lesser awareness gets to dream.

I also love this line. And I feel really dumb, but was Baekhyun the other boy? Because the things he said matches so well but Kai didn't seem to know Baekhyun.

 

It is 3AM, the hardest time to stay awake. It is somewhere between morning and night; a time where it is hard to differentiate between right and wrong. 

Also this. You seem to really like 2 and 3AM ^^

 


 

Sorry for taking so long to write a crappy review >_< I had exams all last week and my brain is still dead.

Please comment when picking up!