When You're Mad

Blue Ocean Floor

It has been almost a year since Dokyum and I have been dating, Dokyum had started college and finally debuted with Seventeen.

Also we decided to move in together in a small-but tall-townhouse, it had three floors, sharing with a Ahjumma and her grandson downstairs.

Many times we were asked if we're married, it came to the point we would ignore the question, cause of the responses we would get.

"Aigoo you're not married! He's the kind to wait isn't he?"

"You two moved in with each other, and not married?"

"Omo... Well I'm sure you two have a lovely home"

What most of our neighbors said.

Our parents were fine with the idea since Dokyum asked my dad for his blessing, although by the looks of my Dad's face, Dokyum could've got murdered that day.

I never seen this man cook so angrily before, Mom simply just gave Dokyum a nod and hug. While Dad was stabbing the meat instead of cutting it.

________________

We had been so caught up with unpacking we had forgotten about Valentine's day, I never really celebrated Valentine's because I thought a guy should treat a girl special everyday, instead of just ONE.

Dokyum made me feel like it was Valentine's everyday, bringing presents when he comes back from practice, taking care of me when I was sick, and always having the feeling of being loved.

I wanted to do something for him but I wasn't exactly sure, he doesn't say what he wants like the average person.

'Ah I've been wanting to buy these shoes'

'I need a new watch'

'Oh cool the game I've been playing made a sequel!'

Not even a single hint of want he wants, I thought about asking him but it wouldn't make it as special.

Chocolates? No this isn't primary school.

Dinner? To cliché.

Jewelry? A little over my budget right now so that won't help.

I really can't think of anything! Damn it I wish he was just a little bit selfish, that way I wouldn't be so aggravated.

I lied on the couch and huffed frustratedly.

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door, 

"No one's home" I whispered and tried to hide since I left the blinds open.

"Jagiya open the door!" Dokyum said, forcing myself up, opening the door while not looking at him and sat back on the couch.

I crossed my arms, staring at the wall, 

I glanced at Dokyum as I heard a small thud.

He had bought buckets of paint, he looked at me and I reverted my eyes back to the wall.

"Is something wrong?" He asked, hearing the concern in his voice, I was mad for no reason.

All because I wanted know what he wanted, I felt like he doesn't talk to me about how he feels, like I do, and I felt a lot of guilt for it.

"Dokyum why don't you ever tell me anything." I said while burying my face into the collar of my shirt, trying to hide the flush from my cheeks.

"What? I don't know what you mean ___." He said and sat on the chair next to me.

"I mean I tell you everything and I want you to do the same"

"I thought I do"

"Not really, I just feel like everything is about me..."

I jumped as I felt a slap on my knee, he had hit me with a paint brush, "stop speaking nonsense" he said.

"I'm sorry if I make you feel left out, I'm used to discussing personal things with Mingyu since he's my best friend, from now on I'll come to you" he smiled.

How is he able to make me forget everything when I'm mad...

________________

"Grab a paintbrush" he giggled and pulled me up, "I'm not in the mood Dokyum" I sighed.

My skin shivered as the wet cold paint came across my nose, he giggled and continued painting the wall.

My blood was boiling with anger, he wasn't listening to me at all, I picked up a paint brush, dipping the brush into the bucket and splattered it across his shirt.

He skipped back, glancing at his shirt, looking back up at me, "Yah! Do you want to start a war?" He said.

"Maybe I do, you're the one who started it" I said as I painted the wall vigorously, he painted my skin once again.

"QUIT IT!"

________________

/DK's POV/ 

she yelled, glaring at me right in the eyes, her breathing increases slightly.

I blinked, clueless on why she was such in a temper, although.

Something about her when she was angry was ... Attracting.

The crinkle over her nose, her sarcasm, and the redness in her face was so endearing to me.

I smirked and poked her cheek with the paintbrush...

She inhaled sharply, exhaling her irritation. "Dokyum I swear if you don't stop-", I painted her cheek and grinned, "Do what? I'd like to you see try."

She growled and slapped me across the cheek with the brush.

I crooked my head back, I smirked, painting slowly down her chest. "Are you serious..." she said, I giggled and nodded.

"Fine you wanna play!?" She exclaimed, and picked up a smaller paint brush,

"Yes I do" I bit my lips and ruffled her hair.

"Let's play."

________________

We had splattered paint with each other for the past hour to the point some of the paint dried on my skin, the acrimonious paint war ended, leaving me as the winner.

She tossed the brush back in the box, and walked away from me, "I was only playing come on don't be mad" I laughed as I gripped her forearm.

She tried to break away from me, "I'm not laughing, let me go", I pulled her closer to me. "You are so annoying! Let go!" She yelled and started pushing me on my chest.

Making a step back she slipped on the paint that spilled on the floor, pulling me down as well as I still had my grip her arm, I fallen on top of her, as she yelped.

________________

/___'s POV/

I cried out quietly because of his heavy weight pressed against me, he lifted himself up with his hands.

I blushed because of the position we were in, he stared back at me as I did the same to him. "D-Dokyum..." I said as he kept his gaze on me, "you can get off now..." I gulped as he leaned closer to my face.

"Now why would I wanna do that." He smiled.

I tried to speak but he hushed me before I could, his lips brushed against mine, I flinched as his hand was placed on my hip.

"I think I like being on top of you"

"DOKYU-!", He silenced me once again as he kissed me softly, caressing my cheek with his thumb and breaking from the kiss.

"I'm sorry, you win"

________________

He peppered my face with kisses, I told him to stop but only causing him to tickle me, making me giggle non stop.

"You're such a pushover!" I said while laughing.

"For you of course." He grinned, giving me a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach, he had reminded me why I fell in love with him. His smile.

"I feel bad for winning then, I have no competition."

"Would you'd rather have me tease you all the time then?"

"You already do..."

"How so..."

________________

/Dokyum's POV/

I smirked waiting for her response, "the way you take care of me, how you don't care if anyone doesn't like us together, 

When you buy me flowers, and most of all your smile..." She giggled and looked the other way. I lifted her chin and kissed her lips softly.

"___.... Will you..."

"What is it Dokyum..?"

"Will you marry me..."

Her eyes widened, "w-what?" She blinked, trying to wrap her head around to what I just said, I smiled.

"Will you marry me?"

She gasped and grinned, lost for words,  "Yes".

I felt a sudden warmth in my chest, my heart beating loud enough for my ears to hear.

"Can you please get off of me though, I'm starting to feel numb in my legs"

"Ah n-nae, I'm sorry" I got off of her immediately, and helped her up.

"Should we finish painting the wall?" She cleared and asked.

"No...I have better things in mind" I picked her up from under her legs and held her by her waist, "Dokyum...WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE IN MIND EXACTLY?"

I ignored her question and went to the room, "you'll see~" I said as she said 'no!' repeatedly.

I can't hold back forever now can't I? 

/winks and closes the door/...