No One Can Find Us Here

Blue Ocean Floor

Woken up by the annoying-ear-piercing school bell, "you're lucky it's summer Dokyum" my teacher said as he places a note on my desk as I stretched lazily.

'You have to do math over the summer, good luck with that'

 

I groaned and slipped the strap of my backpack on, snatching the note off my desk. I didn't care that I had math to do, it wasn't much anyways, I was excited that school was finally over.

 

I said goodbye to a few my friends that were transferring to study in different countries and that were moving on to college.  "Yah DK..." I heard a familiar voice call my name behind me as I took the chain off my bike, it was my best friend Mingyu.

 

"You're not gonna say bye to me?" He scoffed, "you're so cold", I laughed at his pouty attitude.

"Mianhe, I'm in rush" I said as I patted him on the back, he raised an eyebrow at me, "rush to where?" He asked.

 

"Nosy much?"

 

"Well I would like to know why you couldn't say bye to me on our last day of school man."

 

"Aish~" I said as I gently shoved him.

 

"Come on tell me, you know you can't keep secrets with me"

 

He was right, we told each other everything basically, I looked down, thinking if I should tell him or not.

 

I sighed and looked up at him.

"I'm taking a friend out on a date"

 

"What? Who! Oh now you gotta tell me" he said as he pulled on my shirt, "tell me, tell me!" He repeated.

 

"Alright alright! It's ___..." I mumbled as Mingyu stared at me.

 

"I do not allow this."

 

"Allow?"

 

"Yes, don't take advantage of her she's innocent"

 

"I'M ONLY TAKING HER ON DATE WHAT ARE YOU ASSUMING?"

 

"I KNOW HOW MEN ARE!"

 

"MINGYU!" I yelled questioning if he's serious or not.

 

"She's a child what's wrong with you" he chuckled.

 

"Aish it's not like that" I said I felt my cheeks flush from being so flustered.

 

"I'm just messing with you, so what are you two gonna do?"

 

"I planned on taking her to the beach"

 

"Ooh~ fancy, trying to see her in a bikini?" He laughed loudly, I stood still blankly having the urge to hit him for being a idiot.

 

Mingyu stopped as his mother honked the Horn from the car.

 

"Well for your information... I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend"

 

"I wish you best of luck" he said as he went inside the car, "you kids play nice" he winked and closed the door.

 

Sometimes I wonder why I'm even friends with him.

 

While riding my bike, I stopped at the flower shop to pick up the orchids I ordered.

 

I sat down on the bench and tied the orchids around the stem attempting to make a flower crown, I was never really quite good at these things, crafting especially.

 

Using the little boy's head that was sitting next to me and mine as a measurement , hoping it won't come out to big.

 

"Dokyum" , I flinched almost breaking the crown, "oh you're here! I wasn't expecting you to come till later" I said, feeling my heart beat faster.

 

"You said meet here at two o'clock, well its two" ___ giggled. I lost track of time, I was here since twelve.

 

"You're right, I forgot"

 

"So where are we going? You never told me."

 

"It's a surprise" I smiled, "close your eyes" she furrowed her eyebrows, questioningly, "just do it" I laughed.

 

She scrunched her nose and closed her eyes. Placing the flower crown carefully on her head, she touched my hand and opened her eyes immediately.

 

"What is this?" She asked and took it off to have a glimpse of it. "You have to wear that for the rest of the day" I said.

 

"Yah why... I must look ridiculous with this"

 

"Aniyo~, you look pretty silly" I said putting the crown back on her head and tied the lace, her cheeks tinted red.

 

I stood up and asked her if she was ready to go, she nodded and said yes, but still wondering why I would not tell her where the destination is.

 

"Hold on tight", I wrapped her arms around my waist, turning the key and starting the ignition.

 

"Ah wait..."

 

"What is it?"

 

"Do you have a swimsuit?"

 

________________

 

I stopped at the nearest clothing store, waiting outside the dressing room.

 

"I'm not buying a swimsuit Dokyum"

 

"Wae?" I asked and she glanced at me, not looking me in the eye "cause then you'll see me".

 

I was confused, what did she mean "see me?"......

 

"OH NO NO NO IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A BIKINI" I blurted out, causing every girl and woman to stare at us.

 

"Sorry..." , everyone returned back to shopping, mothers pulling their daughters away from the dressing room, I closed the curtains. "you could wear a one piece, it's fine really" I whispered.

 

"You know I'm not uncomfortable with showing skin"

 

"You can wear shorts! Even a sweater if you want"

 

She sighed and crossed her arms, "pwease ___-ah~" I tried to convince her with my horrible aegyo.

 

She covered and giggled, her laughter was adorable but she always hated it, "it is not cute it's dorky" she would always say.

 

"Fine I'll wear the stupid swimsuit, just please stop that" she said and took the swimsuit, pushing me gently out of the dressing room.

 

"Stop what~? Hmm~ saranghae~" I was making a fool of myself but seeing her smile was worth it.

 

"Go! Before I kick you." She said managing to say between breaths.

 

I left to go and wait by the register. "Dokyum" she said while tapping me on the shoulder , I hummed in response while paying for the swimsuit, "Is this fine?".

 

I took the bag and turned around, I gulped loudly, she was wearing a blue takini with a white-gold ombré sweater and navy shorts.

 

Even though she only showed her legs and her stomach peaked a little, I was lost for words, "Dokyum?" She said and "woke" me up.

 

"Uh..." I stuttered, "You look good!" I smiled and gave her a thumbs up.

"Okay then let's go." she took my hand and held it, making me follow her back to my bike.

________________

 

As we drove by the hills, stopping a few times to try food from the vendors.

"Next time. I want pizza" she said.

 

I tied a blindfold around her eyes, "is this really necessary?" She chuckled.

 

"Yes I told you its a surprise!"

 

"You're no fair" she pouted as I pinched her cheeks.

 

"You won't regret it I promise."

 

________________

 

Making it to the beach, I helped her go down the old creaky staircase, having her to trip a couple of times.

 

"Okay, surprise~!", I removed the blindfold from her eyes, "oh my god!" She squealed and widened her eyes.

 

"This is amazing, I've never been to the beach before." ___ sighhed with bliss and placed her hand on her chest, I extended my hand.

 

"Come on." I smirked, ___ took my hand and walk along side with me...

________________

 

/___'s P.O.V/

I was simply astonished, the beautiful transparent blue ocean that reflected the sky, the soft wet sand in my toes, the scent of the salt water, and the flock of birds that chirped quietly as they soared across the clouds.

 

"Dokyum I don't know what to say." I admitted, I held tighter on his hand as we walked to the set up he made, it was a red blanket with a picnic basket with an white and blue striped umbrella.

 

"I knew you always wanted to go to the beach and I was driving and I found this place so I wanted to come here with you to start my summer" he smiled.

 

To be honest, I always had a crush on Dokyum ever since we first met, we became close friends fast, even when he was on tour, I always waited for him.

 

There was many moments when I wanted to confess my feelings but I'd always run away before I could.

 

I never knew why I did it, "the time is not right" I always thought, but when will the time come...

 

When will I get to say I love you?

. . .

"___ do you like pie?"

 

I furrowed my eyebrows, he interrupted  the trance I was in, by his odd question, typical DK.

 

"Uh yes why?" I asked and scratched the back of my neck, "I found this really delicious bakery and I asked them to make a strawberry pie if possible and they did! Try it!" He said and cut me a slice.

 

I grabbed a fork from the basket,

"say 'ah'" he said as lifted the fork by my lips, "I-I can feed myself!" I said and blushed.

 

"Do as oppa says" he smirked, I felt like imploding, his smirks were deadly for me.

 

I rolled my eyes and bit the pie from the fork, he sliced another pair piece ate from the same fork and smiled...

 

WAS THAT AN INDIRECT KISS?

 

"Ah, so delicious~!" he hummed

 

LEE SEOKMIN WHAT THE HELL, why does he do this to me?! Ugh I would kill to just kiss him once, its my only wish.

 

"Don't you want more?" He asked.

 

"I lost my appetite."

________________

 

We decided to walk by the shore, running away from the waves as it floated back on the sand, Dokyum pushed me in a couple of times making my clothes damp from the water, I was getting annoyed to the point I threw seaweed at his face.

 

I laughed at how absurd he looked. 

"I'm a beautiful mermaid don't hate on me girlfriend" he snapped his fingers and flipped his "green long locks of hair" , but only having it blown off by the wind.

 

"AH! MY HAIR, it's natural, don't look." he tried to put it back on but the wind kept blowing the "sea wig" away.

 

I was trying so hard not to laugh but knowing me, I failed miserably, I ended up laughing, snorting, giggling, etc.

 

"Dokyum just let it go~!" I yelled, "but that was so expensive to buy!!! Girl that was Ariel's daughter's hair, and you know Ariel got good hair." He pouted and waved goodbye to the seaweed as it floated back into the ocean.

 

He lays down on the sand, i sat down next to him.

 

"you're crazy" i said and giggled.

 

"I have you to blame"

 

"Me? What did I do"

 

"Whenever I'm around you always make me this way"

 

"Well same to you then"

 

"Oh really? What do I do that drives you crazy miss ___?" He raised an eyebrow and rested his chin on his hand waiting for my response.

 

I wanted to slug him on the shoulder for teasing me, he knows exactly what drives me crazy.

 

"Well earlier, what was that whole thing? 'mhm so delicious' you know that was an indirect kiss."

 

He gasped and covered his mouth, "I'd do no such thing!" He exclaimed, knowing it was a worthless lie.

 

"Oh please I wasn't born yesterday"

 

He chuckled and sat back up, pulling his shirt off... What the hell is he doing?! I felt my knees go weak at the sight of his , I never seen DK shirtless before.

 

"Let's go swimming." he turned and grinned, I blinked and froze. My cheeks were burning from blushing so much, I couldn't handle this.

 

"Fine." I walked ahead of him, trying to hide my face, I was so frustrated, why is he doing this?

 

What is his plan? Whatever it is I don't like it one bit, if he keeps trying to seduce me he is gonna end up on the back of a milk carton.

 

I took my sweater and shorts off, quickly running into the water, covering myself by crossing my arms.

 

"I don't know why you're doing that you have nothing to hide" he giggled

 

"HEY!" I said and splashed the water at him, "I'm just kidding~, you look beautiful, just swim I won't peak" he smiled , uncrossing my arms and pulling me to float with him.

 

The water was cold but it didn't bother me as much I adjusted to it, we splashed water at each other, but stopped when when we started to swallow some of it.

 

The ocean may be beautiful but it tastes disgusting. 

________________

 

As we made it back to shore, Dokyum covered me with his towel after drying his hair, "___ I have something to tell you" he said and sat in front of me.

 

I felt nervous for some odd reason, was he going to leave again? Summer just started, we planned on hanging out more as much as possible, I would be devastated if he left. The thought of it wanted to make me cry, I shook my head, not wanting to think of it.

 

He took my hands as his breath shakes slightly, I could tell he was anxious about something.

 

"What is it Dokyum...?"

 

"Well since this isn't going to be easy to say, let me just start where it all happened..." , He sighed and looked into my eyes.

 

"Do you remember when we snuck out of my practice and camped at that hill by that loud drive in?"

 

"Yes they played fast 7 for like 24/7 hours straight"

 

"Right, then we went to the lake and watched the sunset"

 

I nodded and chuckled, "you fell in when the manager found us".

 

"Yeah... I actually was going to kiss you that day"

 

I ceased to smiling, feeling my heart skip a beat, "Y-you were?" I stuttered... I handled that nicely, he grasped my hands tightly.

 

"Yes, I was to scared to try to kiss you again, but I've always liked you ___."

 

I rubbed my eyes as I started tearing up, "I even prepared a song for you, it always remind me of that day" he said, I always loved his singing, I dreamed that one day he would sing just for me...

 

"What's the song called?" I asked.

 

"Should've kissed you"

________________

 

"Why Am I mad, I don't get it,

It seems like every time you give me signs,

And I miss it

I did it again,

I admit it,

I left you standing there,

And now I regret it,

Seems like every time,

I get the chance,

I lose my cool, and I blow it,

And I get all tongue tied,

Lost in your eyes,

I'm a fool, and I know it

 

I should've kissed you,

I should've told you,

Told you just how I feel,

And next time I won't stop,

I'll listen to my heart,

Cause what I feel is real!

I should've kissed you,

I should've told you how I feel,

I should've kissed you,

I should've showed you just how I feel

 

Now why didn't I

Give you my two cents,

A million reasons why I should have,

And it makes no sense,

So here I am,

By myself again,

Stopping for green lights, and I know,

I wanna be more than friends,

How come every time I get the chance

I lose my cool and I blow it,

And I get all tongue tied,

Lost in your eyes,

I'm a fool and I know it

 

Hey,

I should've kissed you,

I should've told you,

Told you just how I feel,

And next time I won't stop,

I'll listen to my heart,

Cause what I feel is real

I should've kissed you,

I should've told you how I feel,

I should've kissed you,

I should've showed you just how I feel

 

So I turned the car around,

And you were right where I left you,

And your smile said you were feeling it too,

And the moon shined bright,

Cause when your lips met mine,

And yeah I finally got it right,

I'll be leaving with you tonight,

And I won't have to say,

 

I should've kissed you,

I should've told you,

Told you just how I feel,

And next time I won't stop,

I'll listen to my heart,

Cause what I feel is real

I should've kissed you, Girl

I should've told you how I feel,

I should've kissed you,

I should've showed you just how I feel

 

Girl I should've kissed you,

I should've told you 

told you just how I feel,

And this time I won't stop,

Until I have your heart,

Cause what I'm feeling is real"

________________

 

/Dokyum's P.O.V/

 

I opened my eyes after singing, she was crying, "Don't cry pabo" I chuckled.

Wiping her tears away, she sniffles as I cupped her cheeks, I smiled and leaned in to kiss her...

 

We kissed longly and passionately, we both had been waiting for this moment, I brushed her cheek with my thumb and kissed with a open mouth but not messy or rough, just enough to show how much I wanted her...

________________

 

I squinted my eyelids from the bright light that was pointing at us.

 

"For he's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow" I heard them chant, "DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR LIVES?!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

 

"Yeah ruining yours" Mingyu yelled from the bridge as the others hooted, whistled, and howled, I took off my sandle and threw it at him.

 

She patted me on the shoulder while I was yelling at them, "what-" she cut me off with a kiss and pulled me closer by the collar of my shirt.

 

"Let's go home." she smiled

 

They ooed as we walked back up , "buzz off" I said, i swung my arm over her shoulder and pulled her closer to me.

 

I put my helmet on, she wraps her arms around my waist and rested her head on my back, "I love you Dokyum".

 

'I love you too."