BamBam

Do Not Go Gentle
The alarm goes off at 6:30. I slam my hand down and slowly sit up. I groggily walk to the bathroom and pick up my toothbrush. After that, I go to the closet and pick up my school uniform. 
 
Ugh. Yellow. 
 
I bring the uniform into the bathroom and then take a quick shower. Then I get out and put on the white button up shirt and the black pleated skirt. Next I pick up the yellow blazer and put it on. I look ahead at the figure staring back at me. Dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, side bangs, skinny stick figure...
 
You're as ugly as usual. 
 
I quickly brush my hair and leave it down. This way, I can cover my face. Next I grab what looks like a backpack and my shoes. I walk downstairs and try to find the dining room. I finally find it and see a bowl of fruit in the center. I look at my watch which reads 7:30. I don't have time to eat a bowl of cereal so I grab an apple from the fruit bowl and rush out the door. Once I get to the gate of the house I turn around and take a good look at it. I don't know what all is in there, nor do I want to know. As I stare, I see a figure run out the door. It's Seo Jung Bi. She looks like she's out of breath. 
 
"Miss Song Nari Yeong! Wait!" She runs up to me and takes a few seconds to catch her breath. "Mr. And Mrs. Lee wish you a safe trip to school. They wish that they could help you with the papers, but they had to leave for work. They said to tell you that they have already called the school and worked it out with them. Once you get into the front office just tell them that you are the new transfer student. They will take it from there." 
 
Jung Bi looks at me and smiles, beads of sweat forming on her forehead. I say goodbye and turn to walk to school. 
 
I'm about halfway there when I hear footsteps behind me. I walk a little faster, trying to seem calm. The footsteps behind me walk faster too. Then I hear someone running. I don't bother to turn around. I start sprinting in the streets and then take a side trip into the alleyway. I slam my back against the brick wall and stay as quiet as I can. I don't hear the footsteps anymore, so I look into the streets to check. There's no one. 
 
"Annyeonghasayeo!!!" I hear someone shout. 
 
I jump about two feet backwards and let out a little yell. "Yah!" 
 
"Oh... Mianhe stranger! I just noticed your uniform and thought to myself 'I have never seen this person before!' So I thought I should meet you!" The stranger says. 
 
I look up and take a good look at him. He's not very tall, he is kind of thin, he has some silly looking hair, and he has a baby face. 
 
"I'm Kunpimook Bhuwakul, also known as BamBam." He bows and extends his hand out to me. I stare at it for a second and then look back at him, but his face looks too cute to disappoint. I slowly extend my hand. BamBam grabs it and shakes it really hard.
 
"I... I'm Song Nari Yeong." I say. Then I turn away and start heading to school once again. Was he the one who was following me? I push that thought out of my mind and pick up my pace. 
 
"Yah! Wait for me!" He yells behind me. 
 
I finally arrive at school and head to the office. When I walk in, a teacher explains to me that I'm in my second year and in class 1. He hands me my class schedule and motions for another teacher to come here. 
 
"Ah, welcome Teacher Kim," The teacher says as he approaches. "Please this young lady to grade 2 class 1. Starting today, she will be apart of your home room class."
 
I turn to him and bow. "Annyeonghaseyo. Je ireumeun Song Nari Yeong imnida." 
 
I look up at him. He looks too young to be a teacher, like he just graduated college. He gives me a slight bow and motions for me to follow him. I glance down at my watch. It's almost 8:00. I let out a big sigh, but only big enough for me to hear it. We walk down several hallways and I wonder if I'll ever be able to memorize where my classroom is. We finally make it to my classroom, and Teacher Kim motions for me to stop while he steps inside. 
 
This is weird... Why can't I come in now? Is this how they do it in Korea? 
 
Then I hear him say "We have a new transfer student. Treat her with kindness and respect." He turns to face the doorway, and that's my queue. I take a deep breath. 
 
This is it. 
 
I step in and turn towards the class.