Song Nari Yeong

Do Not Go Gentle
"Nari! Song Nari Yeong!" The voice booms over the crowd of people making its way through the airport. I look up and see a sign with my name on it. 
 
I guess I should walk over there.
 
"Song Na... Oh! Annyeonghaseyeo. Welcome to Korea," The man in the black suit said. "I will you to your Aunt and Uncle's house."
 
As soon as we reach the car I jam my earbuds into my ear and press play. I think about the lyrics of the song. I don't think about the present, I don't think about my past, and I don't think about the future. I just listen. 
 
"Just one day..." The music plays in my ears and I look out the window at the passing cars. 
 
I wonder where they're headed. 
 
When we arrive, I can't help but open my mouth. The man in the black suit opens my car door and leads me to the mansion-like house. He rings the doorbell and I hear a thump and a voice saying "Ppali! She's here!" The door opens and I see two figures: my aunt and my uncle. They greet me with open arms and put on their best smile, but I can tell they're faking it. 
 
"Welcome, Song Nari Yeong. How was your flight?" My uncle asks. 
 
"Fine," I reply. 
 
"Listen... I'm truly sorry about your parents..." My aunt starts. 
 
I shoot her an evil look and she quickly stops. Her smile fades and she looks at the ground. I grab the luggage from the man in the black suit and push through my aunt and uncle into the house. I stare in awe as I look around. 
 
How many rooms are there?
 
My uncle motions for another person to come and me to my new room. I follow her up the stairs, to the right and down a red carpeted hallway until we reach the last door to the right. 
 
"I hope you find everything to your liking," A woman, I'm guessing the housemaid, says. 
 
"Kamsahamnida." I say. She probably doesn't understand a lot of English since she is just a housemaid. 
 
"Ah... Ne. I am Seo Jung Bi," She says in Korean. "I will be your maid and help you with anything you need." 
 
I smirk. This is what I was waiting for. Of course my aunt and uncle wouldn't clean after themselves. Of course they wouldn't cook for me. 
 
"So you're basically like a mom." I scowl. 
 
Seo Jung Bi stops and instead of looking hurt, which was what I intended, her face is full of pity. 
 
She doesn't know, does she? How any people need to fricken know?!
 
I look at her, and I then I yell. "GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS ROOM!" 
 
She looks scared and backs away. I slam the door in her face and lock it. Then I turn around and slide my back down the door until I'm slumped over on the floor. 
 
Don't cry. Don't you dare cry. 
 
I yank out my phone from the back pocket of my shorts and look through my music. I pick a song that describes my mood and shove the earbuds back in my ear. 
 
"You're a spine breaker..." I close my eyes and breathe out slowly so I can calm down. Then I open my eyes and look around my new room. There are few pieces of furniture, which I like. A white dresser sits in the middle of the right wall with a huge mirror above it. Light bulbs decorate the outline of the mirror and a fluffy white chair is tucked underneath it. My bed is against the left wall facing the dresser. I look to my left and see closet doors next to me. When I open them, I drop my jaw yet again. It is a walk in closet with another white dresser at the end of the wall facing me. There is a painting over it with a quote that says 'Do not go gentle'.
 
Why do I need a stupid dresser in my room when there's a fricken dresser in the closet? 
 
I drag my suitcase into the closet and then walk out to inspect the rest of my room. There are two side tables next to my bed. Then I realize something. 
 
Wait... This is a king sized bed. 
 
I look up and see that there's a big window with a bench seat underneath. 
 
Good. Looking out the window while listening to music is what I'll do there.
 
Next to the window are two french doors which open up into...
 
"A porch?!?!?!" I yell in disbelief. "What the hell do my aunt and uncle do for a living?!" I stumble back and close the doors. Turning around, I've realized something else. Everything is pink. Pink bedspread, pink pillows, pink walls. I gag at how bright it is. 
 
How the hell did I not notice this before?