Dovakiin

Unbound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris

I gasped as a sudden force hit my chest letting my lungs suddenly fill with air. My eyes shot open and I was met with the same stone ceiling I had fallen asleep staring at nearly a thousand years ago. It felt like just yesterday me and my brethren had taken our resting place here with the last dragon born. I glanced around to see them all still sleeping lifelessly on their pedestals. Soon enough they would be awakened.

My awakening signaled the rebirth and activation of the other half of the dragon soul. Meaning somewhere out there in the unknown was the new dragon born.

I dragged my fingers across the icy stones as I walked toward another section of our tomb and felt my hear sink. There laid the casket of the last dragon born. Her shield and sword placed beside it.

“It took you that long to return?” I sighed airily and placed my hand on the worn ebony shield, feeling every scratch and dent form battled we fought in side by side.

“Hi lost kosaan nusaan ahk lingrah dii lokaal you have been gone too long my love” my chest rumbled as I spoke the native tongue of our ancestors. I had been asleep for far too long.

My heart burned as I tore myself away from her side and walked over to one of my brothers. He still looked not a day over twenty. I placed a hand on his frozen forehead and took a deep breath.

“Hazul…” I murmured looking down upon him only to see his eye shoot open turning a dark earthy brown to all black within second.

“White hold…” he breathed out heavily as he was brought back to life his eyes returning to their natural color.

“Welcome back to the living Luhan” I smiled as he glanced around startled.

“I was in Skyrim just now. There was snow and stone pillars all around me.” He mumbled looking back at me “How long has it been?”

“1,329 my brother” I chuckled as his eyes widened.

“And she decide bloody Skyrim was the place she should return?” he replied disdainfully as I glanced around at the others still sleeping.

“She was always a free spirited one. Shall we wake the others? I feel we have been asleep for far too long,” I smirked as he nodded and we made our rounds waking our brothers up.

One by one they awoke and the endless stream of questions began.

“Where is she?” Baekhyun asked curiously as he began lighting all the torches around the tomb with Chanyeol.

“Some place in Skyrim” Luhan answered vaguely but proceeded “From what I had managed to see it was in a section of the white hold  but guessing from the snow believe in was on the mountains nearing the border of the pale”

“She must be brave considering she had to willingly walk up to a dragon lair” Tao stretched nearly smacking Sehun in the face.

“Or the fact she had the guts to touch a sleeping dragon” Suho chuckled as he nudged my shoulder “How does it feel now that she’s back?”

I tensed and looked at my brother wearily.

“Kris as much as you hate it, we have always known how much Tauria meant to you. It must feel good to have her back again,” he smiled his eyes forming crescents as I blankly nodded.

Honestly, everything felt off about the new dragon born. I know when the soul is reborn the person changes but I didn’t want her to be different.

“When shall we head out?” Chen smiled as he glanced around at all of us.

“I checked outside it seems to be just before dawn,” Kyungsoo informed as he took a seat beside Kai.

“By the time I teleport us all there it should be about midafternoon,” Kai nodded and looked to me “Now is the perfect time to go,”

“I guess we’ll be seeing each other in Skyrim,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter