보고싶어

oil & water

Jimin, for a twenty year old guy, is really hyperactive—like he’s still fifteen and running around in board shorts and nothing else, flicking the sand underneath his toes and running for the water. Living in Busan is great, because he lived near the beach and Jimin likes it best during the summer. But that’s not how the story goes—Jimin left Busan to go to university in Seoul, and while he left most of his childhood memories in Busan, he’s ready to make new ones.

Falling in love would be great—a girl with pretty hair and big eyes that turn to crescents whenever she smiles is just Jimin’s type. But who the hell knew Jimin would meet a Min Yoongi that reduced him into a shy little bundle of mess and stutters. Nobody knew. ‘School girl’ is what Jimin’s best friend, Taehyung, calls him whenever Yoongi is around.

“You are so in love.” Taehyung says.

“Am not!” Jimin protests, smothering his face in his pillow because he is so ing in love it’s not even funny.

Jimin was ready for a storm—a lot of storms happen in Busan—but not hurricanes, no, not when Yoongi passes by smelling like heaven, his camera in hand, and his subtle smile nothing short of killer. He’s not even aware of how attractive he is when he wears white button downs with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. Jimin has a thing for Yoongi’s arms and how prominent his veins are.

Okay, maybe he is a little in love.

“Not just little. So very ing and embarrassingly in love.” Is Taehyung’s term. .

 

 

Almost three years into university only then did Yoongi confess and Jimin was shocked out of his sane self because Yoongi isn’t the type to confess to a Park Jimin because he is the Min Yoongi and even though Jimin knows the other guy is gay, he’s not the type to be the one confessing. He’s really passive, and most of the time people would think he doesn’t care about things for all his life. And Jimin was one of those people, but he came to know Yoongi and maybe it’s one of the best things that ever happened to him—knowing Yoongi and beings friends with him.

But still, what the hell is happening. Yoongi is beside him on the couch the café has and from his comfortable position, Jimin feels like a rock. Yoongi isn’t moving, just fiddling with his fingers, and Jimin sits up straight for a little bit of decency. He clears his throat.

“I—what?”

“I said I like you. , this is embarrassing.”

Jimin’s ears are red and his face is kinda pink, too. He doesn’t know what to say, much more what to do, so he keeps quiet and filters his words carefully.

“I like you, too.” Is what comes out of his mouth, and what happens next is something he wouldn’t forget for all his life.

Yoongi leaned in, slowly, his hand reaching out for Jimin’s jaw, and he kissed him. Yoongi kissed Jimin right there in the café for all the people to see, but not really since their table is far away from all the commotion, but it’s still a public place and Yoongi’s lips are soft and warm. It takes Jimin three nervous heartbeats to kiss back, and after he did, he can feel Yoongi smiling.

 

 

Yoongi is a man of few words and even fewer actions, and Jimin is just his opposite because Jimin moves around a lot, talks a lot, and does things a lot. They’re completely opposites; because the way Yoongi doesn’t care (but secretly cares) is Jimin making sure the people he cares about is alright all the time. The way Yoongi just always sits on the couches is Jimin dancing in the middle of some worn-out frat house whenever there’s a party. The way Yoongi studies quietly just reading his notes is Jimin blasting songs through his earphones, notebooks and books a clutter as he furiously rewrites everything he has written on a clean sheet of pad paper. The way Yoongi holds his camera on a delicate angle is Jimin in front of it, moving around, making silly faces, dancing, looking peaceful, looking bothered. The way Yoongi quietly holds his hand while squeezing them to express how he loves the younger one is Jimin swaying their arms and fiddling with Yoongi’s much slender fingers. The way Yoongi stands quietly and patiently by the pedestrian is Jimin constantly tapping his feet and shifting every once in a while.

The way Yoongi is is not Jimin. But they wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

 

On Friday nights, Yoongi likes to stay in Jimin’s dorm, because Jimin’s roommate, Namjoon, is always out with his girlfriend Seokjin and he always stays in her apartment until Sunday. They’d stay in until Saturday, cuddling in bed because who knew Yoongi likes cuddles. Jimin is more than willing to comply.

“You know, we’ve never had a selca before. You always take pictures of me, but you know.” Jimin starts, scrolling through his gallery which is mostly pictures of notes, himself, and  candid Yoongi.

“Let’s take a selca then.” Yoongi suggest, shifting closer so he’s pressed to Jimin’s side. Yoongi likes it when Jimin smiles.

“Okay.” Jimin says, opening the camera and switching it to the front cam. “1…2…3…”

And just before Jimin clicks the shutter, Yoongi turns his face, his lips landing on the corner of Jimin’s lips. The picture turned out well, though. Jimin makes it his wallpaper.

 

 

Yoongi never lets his hair up, his bangs always covering his forehead. On days he does, it’s either he’s wearing a snapback or a beanie.

While Yoongi is asleep, Jimin rakes his bangs up with his fingers, arranging it into a messy pile sitting on top of his head and when Yoongi wakes up like that, Jimin thought he looks really ing hot.

Jimin’s never had a about Yoongi before, but now he thinks he has already.

When Jimin tells Yoongi this, Yoongi doesn’t say anything, but he wears his hair like that the following week for three times and one time, Jimin kisses him breathless. They might have had because of that, but no one is really complaining.

 

 

On the day that Jimin has to leave for a national dance competition, Yoongi wouldn’t leave his side, clinging onto Jimin like a koala. It’s the first time he’s doing this, mostly because it’s always Jimin who clings onto him but Yoongi’s sure Jimin is liking the special attention.

“It’s only for two days, baby.” Jimin assures, turning around to face Yoongi. The other dance team members are already gathered around some several feet away from them while waiting for their team captain, Hoseok, who’s running a few minutes late. They’re looking at Jimin and Yoongi now, like they’re silently begging Jimin to come already. Taehyung looks at the others and says ‘let them be they’re too in love’ and Jimin won’t admit but he likes that Taehyung is so supportive.

“Two days are too long.” Yoongi voices out and Jimin is surprised by the sudden confession. Yoongi is never vocal with his feelings, but Jimin thinks he likes it better when Yoongi is honest with words. Yoongi clutches the hem of Jimin’s shirt tighter and alright, it, Jimin thinks as he leans in to give Yoongi one last kiss. He can already hear Hoseok from a distance and that means they really have to go. “You better bring home that trophy.”

“I will.” Jimin smiles and squeezes Yoongi’s hand one last time.

Jimin comes home two days later, all too eager as he positively flings himself into his boyfriend’s arms. “We won!” He shouts, and Yoongi mouths a congratulations, I’m so proud of you against Jimin’s neck.

That, and celebratory-slash-I missed you too ing much commenced later that night.

 

 

Much later when it’s nearly 12am and they’re both sated, Jimin curls up to Yoongi’s side, tracing heart patterns on the older one’s chest. “Missed me that much?” Jimin asks, affection bleeding through his words. Yoongi looks down on him, face so soft and lips so red and says, “Too much, baby. Too much.”