What Just Happened?

Her Present
 

 ❝..guys this is my new account because my account titaynium1D has been hacked :'(

-Kay's first tweet on her account, @windeerlust ;)


 

Despite her small excitement on the Cartier bracelet, Kay was still disturbed about the fact that someone gave her a present in a random day and much more, a Cartier bracelet. She knew that the bracelet was expensive so she was quite worried if it was stolen or taken. She didn't know. She put the Cartier bracelet on her pockets and grabbed her jacket as she went out of the room. While she headed for the door, she heard her mom shouting at the kitchen,

 

“Don't stay too long outside the house, Kay! Take care!”

 

She wore her sweater and walked slowly out of her house. She needed some space and some exercise. She thought that she'd feel better if she will not just stay on her bed and lay down on her bed like she's a hospital patient.

 

Sighing, she opened her phone and texted the person she could only talk all of her problems.

 

 

 

 

“Nina, can you meet me on the coffee shop? I wanna talk to you.”

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

Kay sat down on the chair, sipping on her coffee as she waited for her best friend to come over. She looked back and forth to her coffee and the window, feeling impatient. This was what she hated the most: waiting. As if reading her mind, a girl in a cute dress walked in noisily at the coffee shop.

 

“Iyaaa~ My clothes! Why is that ahjussi so rude? I don't even look like an elem— Oh, Kay! There you are!” She happily waved at Kay, as she went over to her... tripping.

 

 

 

“AHHHHHHHH!”

 

 

 

 

 

*thud*

 

 

 

 

 

Kay literally face palmed herself as she saw her friend trip and apologizing to the customers for her clumsiness.

 

“How are we even friends?” Kay asked Nina, who made her way to sit down across Kay.

 

“Um.. Well, let's see. It was in the second week of class then I was walking on the corridors at that time and I was holding my Sungjae pencil case at that time and.....”

 

Kay face palmed herself once again while Nina was still continuing her story on how the two of them met. Kay always knew that Nina was dense but sometimes, she still can't believe how much dense her friend could get.

 

“Nina, please. It was a sarcastic question. I'd love to hear your point of view on how we first met because I know it will be hilarious but I called you here to talk about me because I'm worried.”

 

Nina slowly blinked, finally stopping her long storytelling and sat straight. Finally, Kay thought. And while her friend could get denser than she usually is, she could also be the most serious person in the world when Kay really needs help.

 

“Okay. Let's hear it. You're not usually.... open on this kind of things. Is there something wrong?”

 

Kay bit her lips as she stared at her coffee as Nina waited for her to tell her problem. Kay wasn't really sure if she should tell her friend about her fainting and much more the Cartier bracelet since she was also an EXO-L. Also, the fact that her friend was also a Hunhan shipper makes it more difficult.

 

“If you aren't going to tell me, it's okay. At least let me know if something's wrong so that I'll be there for you.” Kay snapped out of her thoughts when Nina talked. She was so thankful that she had a friend like her. Finally getting the confidence, she spoke.

 

 

“I got a cartier bracelet, Nina.”

 

 

 

 

 

*silence*

 

 

 

 

 

“You're kidding right?” Nina was staring blankly at her as Kay sighed, knowing that her friend won't believe her that easily.

 

She slowly raised her wrists up so that Nina could see the bracelet and in the speed of light, Kay saw her friend's eyes go wide like saucers and was about to open when Kay stopped her.

 

“Don't you dare shout or else I won't tell you where or how I got this.” And like a child obeying her mother, Nina's mouth shut.

 

 

Kay then told her the whole details starting the night she fainted until the time she opened the unknown package and read the letter that was sent to her that morning. While Nina's eyes were constantly staring at Kay's bracelet, her forehead was slowly creasing.

 

“It's really weird, you know. I mean, wow. A Cartier bracelet that looks like EXO's Cartier bracelet. Wait. Oh my God. Do you think EXO gave it to you because PUTANGIN–HSJDORCJKFOSHXOFNSOFNRO”

 

Kay immediately put her hands on her friend's mouth. She glared at her and Nina suddenly stopped squealing. Kay knew that her friend would react like this so she tried to explain the most possible reasons.

 

“Nina, first of all, we're not in Korea. We're in the Philippines. They're oceans away from me. Second, they even don't know my whole existence! They're EXO, for God's sake. Third, Cartier bracelets are not sold in our country. Lastly, it was a certain person nicknamed K, who gave it and I don't even know who he or she is!” Kay nearly shouted and Nina tried to shush her out because people in the cafe were looking at them already.

 

Kay tried to calm herself down as she sipped down the last drop of her coffee. She wasn't usually this agitated but the current situation didn't really make it any better. She put down the cup and asked Nina,

 

“Could we walk and talk outside? I'm not comfortable sitting here anymore.”  Nina nodded in agreement as they prepped themselves and went outside the coffee shop.

 

They were both quiet during their walk to the playground near the coffee shop they were in. None of them really could understand what was going on. Nina looked at her friend who was sighing and constantly staring at the sky, obviously thinking of the strange happenings that Kay experienced. 

 

Poor Kay, Nina thought. Nina felt sorry for her friend because she was also confused and couldn't do anything to comfort her closest friend. She felt so useless but nevertheless, still tried to make her feel better.

 

“I'm really sorry Kay, I couldn't help that much. I don't know what to think of your situation too. I think you need some alone time for you to sort out your thoughts okay?”

 

Kay turned her head to Nina and nodded. Kay really didn't want her to leave but she had a point. It would be really be bad if she ignored Nina all day just because she's pre-occupied with her thoughts. Thinking of it made Kay feel terrible. She really should have some time to think so she waved Nina goodbye and went to the playground, all by herself.

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

Kay sat on the swing as she caressed the Cartier bracelet on her wrist. For her, it really doesn't matter that she received this kind of gift. She even felt happy and thankful but she's worried on who gave it to her and why or how the person got the bracelet. While she continued to caress the bracelet, she felt a rough texture from the bracelet. She took off the bracelet and looked for the texture. Ah, there's a label on it. Kay mumbled as she read the carved phrase on the bracelet.

 

 

 

 

“Fui quod es, eris quod sum.”

 

 

 

Kay definitely did not understand what was written in the bracelet. She was sure it was Latin that she made a mental note to herself to translate it when she gets home. She stood up, out of the swing when she suddenly felt dizzy, her vision starting to blur. She tried to steady herself by holding on to the swing but she felt her hands slowly releasing its hold on the swing. She felt her knees weaken and her consciousness slowly slipping away.

 

 

 

 

 

“What's happ...”

 

 

 

 

 

And then she fainted.

 

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

*thud*

 

 

 

 

 

*thud*

 

 

 

 

Kay suddenly sat up as she heard a loud sound. She rubbed her eyes and started to blink it very slowly. She saw a table with chairs beside her, also feeling the cold floor on her body. She, for the nth time, was confused.

 

 

Where am I? Why am I here? I am supposed to be in the playground but why am I on the floor? Much more a kitchen floor? Did I faint again? Wait, whose house is this? Where is Mom? How did I ge–

 

 

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard the loud thud again but this time, there were voices. She hid herself near the table and tried to listen to the unknown people's conversation.

 

“Ah, hyung! I want ice cream! Please buy me one!” A deep but kind of cute-toned voice said. His voice is really familiar... Kay thought.

 

“We just got home, maknae. We're all tired. Let's just buy later arasso?” A matured male voice said. It sounded really tired Kay couldn't help wonder what those men had been doing.

 

Kay didn't hear them talking anymore and she heard some doors opening and closing so she thought there were no people anymore. As Kay was about to stand up, she heard another door open and she immediately hid under the table again. She tried to eavesdrop to their conversation again and she didn't expect what to hear next.

 

 

 

“Ya, Sehun! Come out of your room and give me back my food!” A deep baritone voice shouted as Kay heard furious pounding of the door on the background.

 

 

 

Sehun? Sehun who? Oh Sehun? EXO? Wait, did I hear it right...?  Kay wondered.

 

 

 

Kay wasn't sure if she was actually hearing Sehun's name or the fact that the shout sounded like Chanyeol or maybe she just hit her head too hard on the ground so she turned around and quietly peeked under the table, when a man looked under the table and stared at Kay.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh. Chanyeol hyung, we have a stray cat over here.”


A/N: Here you go! She actually wanted me to post this and I was a little bit late because I was supposed to post it this morning but I overslept since I was so tired so mianhae~

But I hope you like it! I quite enjoyed writing this chapter because I don't know really, just enjoyed it. Okay, I'm weird! HAHAHAHA! But guess who called Kay a stray cat? Curious? Find out on the next chapter!! ;)