Crying Confessions

Broken Bough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sunbae, what was that for?” Ga Eul massaged her wrist as Yi Jung looked at her with anger.

“You tell me, what are you doing here?”

“I am sorry Sunbae... I should have asked you. But I was really worried about your mother and I really felt the need to talk to her and comfort her.”

Yi Jung`s lips slid up into a playful yet cruel smirk, "I didn't think commoners pitted others..."

Ga Eul`s eyebrows became narrow as she titled her head. No word left . Yi Jung turned around, with his back facing her; he continued to carry a devious smirk. “I really thought you were different Ga Eul. I thought you cared. I didn't think you would go this far. Yesterday I mentioned my mother in front of you and you felt pity for me and decided since you can't get me this way, you decided to butter up to my mother, so you can become closer to me.”

Yi Jung turned around, and began clapping with a slow but loud enthusiastic way, “I didn't think you would use my mother, as a ticket for entry into my house and fame. I didn`t know you were this desperate! I guess it was a good thing I rejected you!” With that Yi Jung turned around again and leaned his hands on the rail of the balcony.

Ga Eul couldn't believe what she heard, she wanted to run away and cry. After all she did for him, this is how he feels about her. But no she cannot cry, she could not be weak in front of him; her weakness would only give strength to his false beliefs.

Ga Eul quickly looked up with eyes filled with anger and pain, tears were held back, but she never looked away. She pulls Yi Jung by his shoulder and forces him to face her, the next second, she raised her hand and slapped Yi Jung across his face, that made his head snap to one side. Yi Jung flickered his eyes a few times before realizing, Ga Eul had just slapped him. He stood in front of her, with his left hand over his left cheek, before Yi Jung could say anything, Ga Eul bursted with anger.

“Is that all you think of me? After all I did for you, you think I want your money? Fame? I can`t believe you could think so low of me!” She finished her sentence with tears that were now broken out, from being held in; Yi Jung just listened silently.

“Even after the date you took me too, I was completely heartbroken, the way you treated me, and I wanted to run away or jump off a cliff. You really hurt me yesterday. But what can I do with my stupid feelings? No matter how much I want to forget you, I can`t! My only reason for coming, was when you said your mother was in the hospital and what your father did, I could understand your mother`s pain completely. Because I have dealt with similar pain, I know how she must feel, I know why she is in the condition she is in now. I understand her than you probably ever did, because you never even gave 5 minutes of your time to your mother! What would you know! But you know what, you say you don't want to be like your father, but the truth is you are the exact mirror image of your father!”

Ga Eul`s words threw Yi Jung into deep thoughts, and the last sentence brought him back to reality and his eyes widen with anger. He opens his mouth to argue, but Ga Eul didn't give him a chance to. “The only difference between you two is that you are the younger version of your father! I have come to like and care for you so much that anything connected to you I fall in love with! I am going crazy because of you and after what, knowing what a jerk you are. I always tried to open up to you and tell you how I feel, even though I knew your answer, but my heart didn`t agree with me and that was why I actually confessed to you! After you rejected me I knew it was over! But I still went on that date with you hoping you liked me too! But I was wrong!”

“Ga Eul…”

“Just stop! Let's just clear something up, I came here to know about your mother and comfort her before I leave… beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter