Stages of Losing Her

Broken Bough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This story takes place the next day, after Yi Jun took Ga Eul on that disastrous date. Hope you like it. :)

Yi Jung POV

"What do you mean? Why isn't she home?"

"I don't know. I received a call from her parents this morning, they were really worried and said Ga Eul had not come home last night. I lied to them and told them, Ga Eul and I had to go to work early, so she just stayed at my house last night. Luckily they believed me and didn't ask to talk to her. But I need her to get home soon. She has never gone off like this without telling me at least. That is why I called you, did you see her yesterday?"

Yesterday, that disastrous date that I took Ga Eul to and had broken her heart completely. I couldn't tell Jan Di what happened last night; I could already imagine her famous back flip kick hit me in the face. There was no way that was happening.

"Sunbae you there?"

"Yeah I am here." I was snapped out of my thoughts and instantly thought of an excuse, "I didn't see her yesterday. It's not really like her to wander off like this. If anything maybe it was an emergency."

I could hear a deep sigh from the other line, Jan Di sounded really worried. Oh Ga Eul you are so lucky to have such a caring friend. The last time I remember I wandered off without anyone knowing, no one bothered looking for me, thinking I must have been with another girl. Jan Di's voice pulled me out of my thoughts again, "I hope so. Hope it really is an emergency and that she is not in any trouble..."

I placed my left hand over my heart, for some odd reason thinking that Ga Eul could be hurt, ached my heart. This was a strange feeling. Before I freak out or go crazy, I take a deep breath to calm Jan Di and also myself. "Jan Di don't worry, I will find her and get her home soon. I promise."

"Okay Sunbae, I am trusting you with Ga Eul. Sunbae I have to go now. Please keep me updated." With that Jan Di hung up.

Soon as the call ended, I dialed a familiar number through speed dial.

"Yo, bro! How you feeling?"

"Woo Bin I need a favor from you."

"The great So Yi Jung asking me for a favor? Wow really must be an emergency." Woo Bin continues to laugh, but I couldn't even manage to smile to his joke. I was starting to worry.

"I need you to spread out your men on a search. Ga Eul she..."

Woo Bin cut me off with a stronger laugh, "Wow Yi Jung, I never that you were that serious about Ga Eul!"

I raise my eyebrows, even though no matter how many clues Woo Bin threw at me I could always understand what he said, but today my mind was elsewhere I really didn't understand Woo Bin at this moment.

"What do you mean?"

"Well to me it sounds like you are jealous. I am sure after that disastrous date she probably got a boyfriend and you are hurting inside seeing her with someone else. Wow Yi Jung, I never thought you had that in you too." All of Woo Bin's words were a blur to him. Except: 'the disastrous date'

"How do you know about yesterday`s date?" My eyebrows narrowed, I was sure I never told Woo Bin about it.

Woo Bin chuckled, “bro, I know after two bottles of wine, you tend to have stupid thoughts and you do things, which you would only regret later. You had three before you yelled at me and left your studio. So I followed you, just to make sure you were all right. Then I saw you with Ga Eul, and she seemed happy, so I thought you wanted to talk to her or something, just when I almost quit following you thinking everything was okay, then you took Ga Eul to a club. That caused me to continue to follow you, because I had the idea, you had other plans. Even though you are my friend, Ga Eul is too and I couldn`t have her go to a club with a playboy jerk…”

“Hey! You know you are talking to that jerk!”

“Sorry dude, but you know it is true too.” I rolled my eyes by Woo Bin`s response, even though I could be a jerk, I know I couldn`t do anything bad to Ga Eul, I just couldn`t.

“So as I was saying, I continued to follow you a while longer, and before I knew it I ended up two tables behind your table with Ga Eul and your father, I couldn`t really hear what you were talking about, but after Ga Eul threw water on your face, and left upset, I knew you did something horrible. I just can`t believe she still came back and helped you get inside your studio…”

“Wait… she did what?”

“Wow, Yi Jung I think you had too much alcohol yesterday. Yeah so this is what happened…”

Flashback (Woo Bin`s POV):

Ga Eul was walking home, and I caught up to her.

“Bad day, huh?”

Ga Eul shivered in fear, and looked at me, “Oh, Woo Bin Sunbae, it is just you…” She continued to walk her away without looking at me again.

"Ouch, that hurt Ga Eul, mostly girls scream seeing my beauty...” I fix my hair and straighten my jacket, but nothing seemed to catch her attention. She continued to lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter