Preparations for the Cultural Festival!! Hoseok is..?!

Cherry Blossom Ending

A few weeks later, the school announced their upcoming cultural festival.  The school was abuzz with excitement and plans about what to do for the festival.  The student council room, on the other hand, was chaotic. 

 

“Has anyone seen those financial statements?” Yoongi asked, as frantic as anyone had ever seen him get before.

 

“I have to organize what each class wants to do so it can be approved, but not every class has turned it in, and some keep changing their minds! This is so frustrating!” Hoseok groaned over his paperwork.

 

“Okay, there’s no way I can approve a dunking booth with a shark in It! Who thinks of these things?” Namjoon asked exasperatedly, completely serious for once while going through the list of class ideas for the cultural festival that needed approval.

 

“Found the financial statements!” Seokjin shouted, raising them high above his head before reaching across the tangle of human bodies working on the cultural festival to hand them to Yoongi.

 

“Yah! First Year Representative Kim Taehyung! Why aren’t all of the class representatives for the first years showing up for the mandatory meetings?” Namjoon asked.

 

“Some of them have club and refuse to miss it,” Taehyung said.

 

Namjoon shook his head.  “They are given a pass from club to attend those meetings. Aish, some people,” he said rubbing the back of his neck and sitting back down, rolling his shoulders back to ease some of the tension in them.

 

Seokjin wordlessly got up from his position of micromanaging Yoongi to walk over to Namjoon and began to gently massage his shoulders, digging his thumbs in just right.

 

“You’re the best,” Namjoon smiled and patted Seokjin’s hand.

 

“I call next on that massage,” Hoseok said, dropping his pencil for a second to rub out a cramp in his hand.

 

“These magic hands belong to me,” Namjoon said, and Seokjin smiled.  Hoseok shrugged and went back to work.  He made a mental note to find some magic hands of his own.

 

-

 

In the days to come, the work load on the student council seemed to double.  They still didn’t have all the classes set up with booths and attractions yet.  Some classes still hadn’t even turned theirs in, and the deadline was coming up. 

 

“It’s like these people think that the student council are some sort of god-like entity that can pull things out of mid-air and just make it happen.  We’re only humans!” Yoongi cried out before crashing his head onto the table.

 

“Where. Are. All. The. Class. Festival. Ideas.  The deadline is tomorrow!!  We still have to approve them! What are they doing?” Hoseok said, nearly pulling his hair out.

 

“Not to mention the changes we will have to make to the expenses, plus calculating how to fit everything into the budget,” Namjoon shook his head, and he could’ve sworn that he heard Yoongi crying in the background.

 

“You three sweet boys, thank you.  Thank you for submitting your class’s idea early.  Sweet boys,” Seokjin patted their heads, a zombie like smile plastered on his face.  He looked like he hadn’t slept in days, and he probably hadn’t.

 

“Again, is there anything we can do to help?” Jimin asked Seokjin, and the other two first years nodded furiously.

 

“You three can staple these papers for us.  That would help us greatly,” Seokjin said, his smile a little softer this time as he handed the boys stacks of papers and staplers.

 

-

 

Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung’s class had decided to do a haunted house.  They had turned their idea early and had the budget approved.  They had already begun to work on the costumes and set design, even though the festival was still weeks away.  After the boys explained what the student council actually had to do to get the cultural festival up and running, their class took pity on them and made it their primary focus to help out as best as they could.

 

Jimin was not particularly excited about the haunted house, as an adamant hater of scary things.  He volunteered to either work the admission to the haunted house or else be far the away from it all together.  No way was he going inside that thing.

 

Taehyung and Jungkook were both going to play monsters.  Taehyung had a strangely good talent of hiding under something and grapping at people’s feet.  Jungkook just had a bad habit of raising his hand too late for the good jobs, and therefore got stuck with the job he didn’t really want.  It was fine though, because at least he got to spend a little more time with Taehyung.

 

-

 

In the few days before the festival, the student council room looked like a tornado had hit it, followed by two more tornadoes and an earthquake. 

 

“What happened in here?”  Jungkook asked as he stepped into the disheveled room one morning.

 

Yoongi walked over to him and put a comforting hand on his shoulder.  “Life happened, my friend.  Life,” he said, and then he cackled like a wild man.

 

Jungkook just kind of looked at him with pity before walking over to help Seokjin straighten up some papers.

 

Yoongi was still cackling, looking like he may fall apart, so Jimin pulled him into a totally manly bro-hug, because they were bros and it wasn’t like Jimin was in love with Yoongi or anything pshh haha what?

 

While the totally bro-hug was going on, Hoseok also decided to help Seokjin gather the papers off the floor.  Jungkook wasn’t sure if he liked the way that Hoseok’s hands stayed on Seokjin’s longer than necessary every time he handed him the papers, or the way he seemingly kept glancing up nervously at Namjoon, who was busy filing classified information and didn’t even know what was going on.  Jungkook wondered if maybe he was reading too much into things, and decided that he probably was, so he just decided to ignore it.

 

It seemed like a good idea.

 

-

 

“Hey, Namjoon hyung, I don’t think we ever asked, but what is your and Hoseok hyung’s class doing for the festival?” Jimin, sweet Jimin, asked Namjoon.

 

“Reverse maid café,” Namjoon answered nonchalantly from where he had been sitting for the past two hours boring over final preparations.

 

“What,” Seokjin said more than asked, looked pointedly at Namjoon.

 

“Did I not tell you?” Namjoon asked, looking up from his paperwork for the first time in what felt like days. 

 

“No,” Seokjin shook his head.  “Now I know where I’m going to spend all my money, now that I have the chance to get to see you wear a maid uniform, even though you never want to whenever I ask you to-“

 

Namjoon cut Seokjin off by clearing his throat, but not before everyone in the student council heard a personal detail of Namjoon and Seokjin’s love life.  Seokjin had history of letting details slip when he was tired.

 

“A maid outfit? Wow, Seokjin hyung, never would’ve pegged you for a maid kink type of guy,” Taehyung said, impressed.

 

“Wait does that mean that Seokjin tops if Namjoon’s wearing the dress?” Yoongi asked.

 

Namjoon cleared his throat again.

 

“Man, am I ready for this cultural festival to be over,” Yoona said, suddenly coming out of her fortress of solitude for the first time in weeks, her paperwork finally done.

 

“Me too.  I haven’t gotten laid in weeks because of this stupid festival,” Namjoon said, raising his arms above his head in a long stretch.

 

“You should wear the dress the next time you guys do it.  Make it special,” Yoongi smirked.

 

“…”  Namjoon paused.

 

“Wear the dress,” Seokjin whispered.

 

“Anyway, at least the cultural festival starts tomorrow,” Hoseok said, trying to both change the subject and get the images of Namjoon wearing a dress in bed with Seokjin out of his head.

 

Namjoon took in a deep breath and smiled, looking around the student council room.  “That’s right, guys.  Tomorrow’s the big day! Let’s get it over with!” he exclaimed, and was met with a room full of cheers.