First Day and First Encounters

Cherry Blossom Ending


Cherry Blossom Ending

The sunlight trickled in through a bedroom window as an alarm clock blared.  The birds chirped loudly and rather rudely for so early in the morning..

"Five more minutes," Jungkook whined at his alarm clock, pulling the blanket up over his head to shield himself from the sunlight and those dumb birds.

Suddenly, his bedroom door was kicked open and his best friend and next door neighbor, Jimin, leapt in like some overdramatic guy in a sports anime.

"Wake up, Jeon Jungkook, or we'll be late for our first day of high school!" Jimin cried, and Jungkook groaned from under the covers.

Jimin jumped on his bed and started pulling the covers off of him, but Jungkook was not having it.

"We have like, two more hours before the opening ceremony, Jim Jam," Jungkook griped.

"Yes, but you're a diva and you always take like twenty years to get ready.  So get up. Now, before you take too long and we miss breakfast and hae to run to school with toast in our mouths like some kids from an anime or something," Jimin said as intimidatingly as he could, chest puffed out and voice deepened,  and Jungkook burst into laughter.

"Dude, you're so uncool," Jungkook said while wiping the laughter-induced tears from his eyes.

"Shut up!  I'm cooler than you are," Jimin crossed his arms as Jungkook rolled out of bed.

"You wouldn't be cool even if someone threw a glacier at your face," Jungkook sorted, and Jimin threw a pillow at him.

"That's unfair.  I'm super cool," Jimin pouted.

"Is that why you don't have a girlfriend?" Jungkook teased as he tried to find the pants of his new high school uniform.

"Hey! You don't have one either!" Jimin reminded him.

"I don't need one.  I've yet to meet a girl that's good enough for me," Jungkook said haughtily, mainly to save pride.

Jimin grimaced and threw the proper uniform shirt at him.

"You need to fix your attitude," Jimin warned.

Jungkook stuck his tongue out at Jimin as he struggled to properly button his shirt just so Jimin would do it for him.  

"Your personality is awful," Jimin growled as he buttoned Jungkook's shirt and tied his tie for him.

Jungkook just smiled cutely at Jimin and half of Jimin knew he would let this behaivior slide, while the other half just really wanted to punch Jeon Jungkook right in his pretty face.

"Now, go fix your hair so we can catch the train.  I am not going to be late for you," Jimin said sternly, and Jungkook slumped off to the bathroom to do as he was told.

-

The school campus was filled with students and covered with cherry blossoms.  There were little pink flowers as far as the eye could see.  Jungkook was disgusted, while Jimin was spinning circles and dancig around in the pink, pink flowers.

"Wow, high school is so pretty!" Jimin exclaimed, his eyes sparkling and his hands waving around in the air.

"I'm sure it won't be pretty anymore if you keep drawing attention to yourself.  Calm down, people are looking," Jungkook hissed, and Jimin immediately put his hands down to his sides, his face flushed.

It took .2 seconds for him to get excited again.

"Kookie, look at all the cute girls," Jimin whispered extremely loudly, causing some of the nearby girls (the uglier ones, in Jungkook's opinion) to turn around and scowl at him.

"They're not that cute," Jungkook aimed at the ones glaring at Jimin, and some of them gasped and turned up their noses in offense.

"Why did you say that?" Jimin asked as Jungkook pulled him forward towards the school to get away from those ugly girls with ugly faces and ugly personalities.

"Because they thought they were too good for you," Jungkook shrugged.

"Aww, Kookie, you're so nice," Jimin grinned, and Jungkook frowned.

"Don't go getting any ideas," Jungkook warned.

"I don't need those girls back there. I'm definetley going to get a girlfriend this year," Jimin said firmly, causing Jungkook to snort.

"Good luck with that, ugly," Jungkook said, and then he accidentally bumped shoulders with a guy walking in his direction.

The guy stopped in front of him, and Jungkook could tell by the pin on his uniform that he was a third year.  Jungkook hoped that the guy wouldn't scold him, but he looked tired and rather annoyed and Jungkook was ready for the worst when the guy opened his mouth.

"He's not ugly," the guy said, gesturing at Jimin, and then he continued walking forward, away from the two very confused first years.

"What," Jungkook said, staring behind after the guy as Jimin kind of stood there with a glazed, goofy grin stuck on his face.  Jungkook shrugged and started walking again, only to stop when he noticed that Jimin wasn't walking with him.

"Hellooooo, earth to Jimin," Jungkook said, waving a hand in front of his face.

Jimin just stood still with that same expression.

"Jim Jam, are you there?"  Jungkook said, shaking his shoulders.

Jimin made a gurgling sound.

"Jimin?" Jungkook asked, his voice laced with concern.

"That third year guy was pretty," Jimin said like a love-struck idiot, and Jungkook rolled his eyes and looked past Jimin, where something caught his eye.

"Jimin, I'm going to trust that you'll stand there and not move," Jungkook said as he began walking away from idiot-Jimin and towards one of the cherry trees.

Upon arrival, Jungkook noticed the thing that has caught his eye was in fact a boy in the tree.  Jungkook had to double take to make sure he wasn't hallucinating, but there was in fact a boy in the tree.  Jungkook decided to walk closer, towards the boy, to inspect his motives for sitting in the tree.

"Stop! Who goes there?" the boy suddenly yelled, and Jungkook jumped at the sound of his voice.

"Why are you in the tree?' Jungkook asked the boy.

"I asked you a question first," the boy said, bending down his head to look Jungkook in the eye.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook, a first year.  Why are you in that tree?" Jungkook repeated, and he tried not to be taken aback by how handsome tree-boy was.

"Jungkook, ah?" the tree boy said, looking Jungkook over.

"Yes, now why are you in the tree?" Jungkook asked, feeling himself becoming annoyed.

"Why aren't you in the tree?" the boy countered.

"You're not making any sense!" Jungkook yelled.

"I'm the king around here, Jungkook, and the king has to observe his subjects from somewhere above him," the boy said indignantly.

Jungkook was just confused.

"You know, you should join me up here," the boy said.

"Why?" Jungkook asked.

"Because every king needs a queen," the boy said, and suddenly he smiled, revealing a boxed smile around perfectly white teeth.

"What," Jungkook said, utterly dumbfounded, but before he knew what was hapening, the boy had grabbed his hand and pulled him up to the tree with him.

"Much better," the boy said,  and he slinked an arm around Jungkook.

Jungkook had no idea what was going on, but somehow, he felt at ease in the arm of this strange boy, and he had a fleeting thought that he might not mind being this boy's "queen".  Then he caught himself and completely dismissied the idea.

"Hey, what's your name?" Jumgkook asked after several mintues of sitting in silence.

Just at that moment, a bell rang and the teachers yelled for everyone in the yard to get inside for opening ceremony.  

"You'll find out my name soon enough," the boy said, and then he kissed Jungkook on the cheek, jumped down from the tree, and ran off towards the school.

Jungkook brought a hand up to his cheek where the boy had kissed him and brought his other hand to his chest in an attempt to slow down his rapidly beating heart.  He sat in the tree for a minute before realizing the only two people left in the school yard were himslef and Jimin because he had told Jimin not to move.  

He jumped down and ran towards Jimin.  He grabbed the older boy's arm and dragged him towards the gym for opening ceremony, the weight of the tree boy's kiss still heavy on his cheek and heavy on his mind.

-

He and Jimin were among the last few stragglers to come through the gym doors for opening ceremony.  The teachers shot them unapproving glances as they made their way to their seats.  Jungkook had to guide Jimin because he was still looking all love-struck and goofy, and Jungkook tried his best to perservere.

Jungkook found his seat next to some superficial-looking girls and plopped Jimin down in the seat beside him.  The girl next to him smiled at him, and Jungkook returned it, more or less, and was really glad when the school chairman decided to come up to the podium to start the ceremony so that he didn't have to engage in conversation with that girl.less

"Good morning students, and welcome to your first day at .  I hope you will all enjoy this year and take your studies seriously.  To all the first years, lease take this year as your foundation for your preporation towards college or the workforce.  Second years, please begin making plans to prepare for exams and career choices.  And to the third years, please work hard and studiously at your exams for college entry," the principal droned, and Jungkook tried to stifle a yawn.

The principal talked more about school rules and expectations, but Jungkook could honestly care less.  It wasn't as if he were going to talk about anything important.

"Well, I think I've bored you all enough," the pricipal chuckled. "Without further adue, I'll introduce the first year reresentative, Kim Taehyung."

As this Taehyung guy made his way up to the podium, Jungkook could hear murmurs throughout the audience.   Jungkook didn't even watch him walk up there.  He probably wasn't anything special, despite the girl next to him whispering, "Wow, he can Kim my Taehyung any day," whatever that meant.

When Taehyung had reached the podium, the murmurs ceased and he began to speak.

"Good morning, fellow students, my name is Kim Taehyung," he began, and something about his voice felt dangerously familiar to Jungkook.  He tore his eyes away from his own legs and looked up at the freshman representative, who happened to lock eyes with him despite Jungkook sitting so far in the back.

Jungkook's own eyes widened.  Here he was, sitting in opening ceremony, making full on eye contact with the first year rep, who just so happened to be the boy from the tree who kissed him on the cheek.  As tree boy-er, Taehyung- cotinued his speech, his eyes didn't leave Jungkook's.  The girl next to Jungkook thought that Taehyung was looking at her, and Jungkook wished it were the truth.  Taehyung's smirk grew wider and wider as Junkook's blush grew redder and redder.

He tried to nugde Jimin for support, but Jimin was too busy looking at the student council members on stage to notice Jungkook's dilemma.   Jungkook had no idea what could possibly interest Jimin about the student council, until he noticed a familiar looking third year asleep on another member's shoulders.  In an attempt to look away from Taehyung, Jungkook looked at Jimin, saw the hearts in his eyes, and immediately looked away.

"With that being said, I hope we can all have a wonderful year!"  Taehyung finished, and the auditorium burst into obligatory applause.  Taehyung smiled at Jungkook before making his way back down to his own seat, directly behind Jungkook.

The school year had barely begun, and Jungkook could already tell with Jimin being in love with some third year, the girl next to him blabbering about Taehyung, and the whole incident with Taehyung himself, that this year was going to be a far cry from "wonderful".

 

A/n:

 

Alright boys, to be continued

Please don't forget to subscribe!