Chapter 2

Your Eyes Talk to Me

 

 

‘What the ?!’

A couple in the middle of……..They are a half of one hundred years.

“What are you guys doing here ?” I can’t believe with my own eyes.

“Aloha son! You are so surprise we are here right ?” Papa said. “Ma…. What’s going on ?” I keep asking.

“Oh my only baby come here~” she said and I walk to her. She squise my cheek and kiss me.

“We just wanna give you a surprise. Because you said you always busy like Obama”. She continued.

“Son you look like a hip hop boy with this cap and jacket than an event organizer, this young man ckckck…” his forehead wrinkle see my cap.

“Say it fashion Pa, but….. you called my office said want to make a party ?! I need to work Ma, Pa. Work is not a joke or surprise” I glare.

“You are so mean child. We want make a party too” now Papa blabber. “What event huh? 100th anniversary of your wedding”. I then take a seat opposite with my parents.

“Child. We are still fifty something” he said dangerous.

“So why don’t you just stay in Boston and enjoy your summer shining day or sun bathing in California”I said.

“Ck..we’ve just visited Venice so Aloha” Papa smile grew wide. Oh. So cruel. You didn’t invite me.

“Yess…there are so beautiful city. We’ve been looked like The Tourist movie. I am Jolie and he is Depp hahaha”. She laughed so nasty.

“And why on the earth you can afford eat in this expensive place?” this makes me curious and smell something fishy. The reality is painful because they are not even British royal family or the son of president south korea. They are just my parents.

“Because we can sweetheart” she smiled.

“Son..We hire your agent because of you. Your engangement right Ma?” Papa asked.

 

Wait…

I am single and free, young, wild and not have string attached yet. “Care to explain because I have no idea”.

“What about we eat first ?’’ Mama suggestively. “NO I want an explanation right now at this moment”.

There it goes. They said that they had a partner business, an International expert company. Papa agree with the cooperation but the road is not always smooth because he got something unexpected..The stakes are high. The procedure is complete however the money or funds is lacking. Papa afraid credit bank would be jammed so the company didn’t earn the trust. It would be so freaking bad. Hell, there are more than hundreds people depend on Papa project. I can look the line of exhausted from his face.

“Those are already covered with a good man and we need vacation then choose Venice. So don’t worry son… we are still fine. We want to invite you but we know you are on busy state for promotion like you said before. And we proud of you Joonmyun” his speech makes me quiet.

‘You are a bad kid Joonmyun. Accuse something to your parents while they always understand you.’

“Uhm..about the partner you said. You know that I am a gay. She would be displease with me and It’s good to see her in a good real man hand rather than me”.

“Who said your partner would be a girl” Mama muttered.

“You will have soon to be husband, a groom instead of a bride” she continued. Am I wrong hear something or they just….

Mama said she would introduce me to the man they said before. Mama and Papa enthusiastic told me about him whom really nice, rich, blablabla…………………………………….a good student or nerd or I forget to reckon an Ahjussi ?!

man.

He is a businessman.

Hopefully his face wouldn’t look like really like a newspaper.

My parents and I forget about the discussion when the sirloin steak has shown up in front of us with a glass of wine which never run out because the waiter always refill it. I don’t care about anything now just eat and filling my tummy.

 

 

At 4.00 pm go back to office

I walk to the room. Now the pillowy sofa is empty. I sit when out of the blue Chanyeol come in. He is walking and smiling. I think he hit the jackpot. “How’s Park Hyatt bro ?” chanyeol said.

“Hehe…the parking really….expensive…” I said.

“Well that’s why I don’t want take it” he mumbled.

“What ? so you dump me ?” I can’t believe.

“No I mean you are awfully good with the rich people”.

“Hehe……What rich huh ? Actually there are my parents Chanyeol !” I said sarcastic.

“Naah…your parents rich . You are lucky they treat you food right? Chaebol” he such a disconnected person.

“It’s mean they want to arrange me with a man . Business marriage. Chanyeol why didn’t you come with me and declare to be my (fake) boyfriend ?! Arghhh……” I am so desperate now.

He looks at me and sigh then join sit beside me. “everything will be alright myun. If you don’t like him just..reject and life again” his hand my shoulder softly. I know he is confused to give advice because this is so suddenly.

“You hit the jackpot, don’t you?” I muttered. He laughed.

“Actually I met with the hot guy and I can’t reject you know” he smiled . Now I believe.

“Lucky bastard”. I mumbled and he laughed. I don’t know but his laugh sound crispy I like to hear that.

In fact Chanyeol is not bad or ordinary. He is good-looking guy with nice personality. His eyes look shining when he speak in interest or still look soft when he is serious. He has plump lips, look childish when he smiles plus the tall person.  Lucky to have boyfriend like him but he is a gay. Sorry for girls may in the future someone would make him straight.

 

 

At 8.00 pm go back home

Such a relief I can go home at this time. Bubble bath. I know it sounds girly but makes me comfy. My routine: calling pizza delivery, watching HBO or sport station. Sometimes I want to be a kid instead an adult because everyday you work for life and get holiday but confused to do certain things but me have a ton of schedules for free day. Recently : wait for holiday or take leave.

Dreeet dreet dreet

New one message. From: Chanyeol

Bro let’s have a drink tonight.

 

For: Chanyeol

 Not tonight darling. What about Saturday night

 

New one message. From: Chanyeol

Okay just sleep tonight.

 

Chanyeol likes to invite me because he is my loyal friend to drink also witness of my nuts. We love to spend our time for party and wild night until what I can remember only hangover, he knows good place. Sorry Chanyeol now I need a time to relax.  I rub my temple.

Tokk tokk. Yess pizza. Let’s enjoy this Friday night. Suddenly I remember him and text the message.

 

For : Luhan

Meet and greet tomorrow kay

 

Half an hour he reply my message.

 

New one message. From: Luhan

Lunch time at Primo sweetie

 

Luhan is the best!

 

 

Tomorrow, at lunch time

A break. I wait for a black car. Fortunately I am not busy with job, *escape from boring meeting.

Tiiiin. What’s up. This boy not slow. He gets out from the car. It’s Luhan. “c’mon sweetie” he opens the door for me. What a gentleman right? He glances on the road while driving.

 

 

At Primo Bacio Baci café

We look at the menu, Luhan choose Furruti di Mare pasta and strawberry sorbet while I order salad and mango sorbet. When the menu serve he looks at me with annoyed. “Are you on diet ? You are so skinny joonmyun”.

I just shrugged. “Not hungry” and munched my salad.

“You better open your mouth now” Luhan try to feed me with his pasta.

“Luhan….you’re embarrassing me” I muttered but eat the pasta.

“Who cares ? I care with your health sweetie” he mumbled something I can’t figure out.

“What did you say ?”  I asked him. He quiet then feed me again. After eat, we are in his car I talk everything to him. I explained that my parents wanted to arrange marriage me with someone else. I even don’t know if he is a man, uncle or widower. And mama will arrange for our first encounter.

He stay quiet.

“What should I do ? I don’t want to be a husband when I am still twenty something wild and y man”.

“You are a cute man not y sweetie” he smiled to me.

“Luhan I am not ready in serious relationship. When you are married you can not back away, can you break up ? I can’t leave as I want again. I am not free…I will not survive. I don’t know what should I do..I just…”

“Sweetie you are rumbling nonsense. I know your parents Joonmyun, they always give what you need right? Now they want the best for you sweetie. Trust me… you haven’t met him in real. About married, are you afraid because you can’t cook hm?” he tease me but stares to me softly.

“Ya! You insult me ? This is modern era you have microwave, here’s too much delivery and takeaway. I can live. What I afraid is….what if he is ugly and old. I can’t bear to see something unattractive my eyes itchy”.

“Fade out. . . then exchange with me as your husband” he muttered and smirk.

“Hahaha you’re so funny”.

 

 

In Luhan’s car at 8.00 pm

After that lunch he drove me to my office and suddenly he appears when I got out from my work. I didn’t call him to be my driver. He said he wanted me to accompany him dinner because he thought I wouldn’t eat properly. His treat why not. The classic song is playing in lonely road. John Coltrane or Miles Davis?

It’s Italian 

“Can you just play something rational?” I muttered with my eyes close.

“It’s genre no need to understand. You have to listen then enjoy” He likes old-song, me like pop.

You see I am youth.

Perhaps my spontaneous slowly the tune makes me drift into asleep.

 

A hand tap my shoulder I look around still find my focus. “We’ve arrived”. Eh? This is my apartment building. I frown my eyes asking.

“You fell asleep but I already bought us the food. Here..” He hands me the food.

“Want me to carry you sweetie ?” He asked and smirk. “No I am okay…Luhan sorry I ..”

“No don’t worry you should eat the food, still warm” He cuts me and pointed to the food.

“Thanks…Luhan..a lot”.

 

 

At apartment

Hmm.. Chinese food I don’t know the name but it’s good maybe dimsum.

Shower and rest. Yes for tired.

 

 

Saturday morning at 7.00 am

Dreeet dreeet dreet

New one message. From: Mama

Joonmyun, tonight you have appointment with him.

At Westin Chosun on 8.00 pm

 

For: Mama

Who’s the name?

 

New one message. From: Mama

Zhang Yixing.

 

 

 

End