Don't Go

Do I Love You?

The mall was packed with people. My mother was so excited to go shopping with my step-brother that she keep on buying things for him and totally ignoring me. Both my mother and Chanyeol were walking together while I was left behind.

‘Mom, that golden step-son of yours had stolen my first kiss last night.’ I thought to myself and clenched my fist tightly.

Then, I just keep on walking straight while thinking on how to get my revenge on Chanyeol. Unfortunately, I didn’t see the huge fountain in front of me and I lose my body balance. Before I fell in the fountain, I managed to grab Chanyeol’s hand and both of us fell into the fountain. My mother was panicked that the first thing that she did was helping both of us up and the three of us went straight home.

 

“How come you’re so clumsy, Yuna? Go take a bath before you catch a cold and don’t take too much time since Chanyeol has to take a bath as well.” My mom said to me while pushing me towards the bathroom.

Then, she took a towel and wrapped it around Chanyeol’s body.


The next day, I felt really gloomy with the sudden changes of my mother that I lose my energy to walk to school. My body lose its balance and fortunately Jiyeon was standing beside me and held me.

“Are you ok, Yuna? You looked so pale.” Jiyeon asked me in concern and I just smiled at her reassuringly.

As we arrived at school, I saw Chanyeol standing beside the school entrance gate with an old man beside him. I stopped walking and looked at Jiyeon.

“Who’s that old guy standing beside Chanyeol?” I asked Jiyeon and she gasped as she saw the old man.

“OH NO! WE’RE DEAD! That’s Park Wonhee. He’s the owner of the school which is also Chanyeol’s grandfather.” Jiyeon explained to me and I just nodded my head in acknowledgement.

After a few minutes of silence, I realized something. If Park Wonhee is Chanyeol’s grandfather and Chanyeol is my brother, that’s mean… I’M SUPER RICH! I cheered up again and nudged Jiyeon.

“Just see this, Jiyeon. The power of elite is rushing in my blood!” I announced to Jiyeon proudly and started to walk towards Chanyeol and his grandfather whom is also my grandfather, step-grandfather to be precise.

“Yo, gramps! Such a nice day today, isn’t it?” I said to my grandfather casually and Chanyeol just sighed.

All eyes on me now and Jiyeon’s eyes widened.

“Chanyeol, who is this brat? Don’t tell me she’s one of the students here. Blonde hair, inappropriate school uniform, just looking at her makes my eyes sore.If you couldn’t handle one student, how about the whole school?” Wonhee scolded Chanyeol and Chanyeol just bowed his head.

I felt guilty about this and interrupted them, “Gramps! It’s not his fault. I’m the one you should’ve scolded. Chanyeol is a great president. It’s me that’s break the school’s rule.”

“You’re not allowed to attend this school unless you changed your appearance. Go home now.” Wonhee said to me firmly and I walked away together with Jiyeon.

 

“Yuna~, what are you thinking?” Jiyeon asked me tiredly.

“A delinquent may sleep through class, but she’ll never skip school.” I said to Jiyeon and climbed the school gate.

Jiyeon just sighed and followed after me. As we landed on the other side of the gate, I saw Miss Jung talking on the phone and I pulled Jiyeon to hide behind the bushes.

“You don’t have to worry, my love. After I get married with that brat, Chanyeol, I’ll get the school as mine. It’s only a matter of time. I love you too.” Miss Jung hung up the phone and walked away.

My heart tightens as I heard that and I clenched my fist in annoyance. Jiyeon just sighed and sat on the ground.

“Heol… I never thought Miss Jung is Chanyeol’s fiancée that everyone had been wondering about. She even got another guy, poor Chanyeol.” Jiyeon stated apologetically and I just looked at her.

 

At home, Chanyeol got out from the bathroom and sat on his study desk. I put away my PSP and stood up from the mattress.

“We need to talk. You were engaged with Miss Jung, am I correct?” I stated to Chanyeol though my heart felt weird just by mentioning his fiancée.

Chanyeol closed the book that he was currently reading and stood up from his seat.

“So what? It’s none of your business.” Chanyeol said to me coldly and I clenched my chest.

“Is it alright to get married with a woman who doesn’t love you? I heard her conversation this morning and she’s planning to tear you down.” I told Chanyeol and he glared at me deadly. I flinched for a second and continued, “She’s only using you to get the money-“

“I knew about it already! What can I do?! Its grandfather’s decision and I just need to follow it for the sake of the school! Just shut up and mind your own business!”

“I’m telling you this because I care for you as an older sister! You need to respect me too, Pres-“

I noticed something on Chanyeol’s eyes and I realized that he’s holding his tears from falling. He walked out of the bedroom and I just stood still, dumbfounded by the reaction that I got from him.

 

The next day, the school held a morning assembly and all of the students and teachers gathered in the multi-purpose hall. The member of the student council led the morning assembly.

“Where is Yuna? I hope she don’t create any more trouble.” Jiyeon talked to herself while looking around.

“Next, the student council president would like to give some sp-.“ One of the student councils announced but was cut off by me and I took the microphone.

Jiyeon’s eyes widened and gasped as she saw me on the stage while head locking the student council and took over the microphone.

“Sorry to interrupt, I just wanna say something. First of all, I just wish this boring morning assembly would end as fast as possible and for your information, I’m the granddaughter of this school owner. Lastly, about that hot teacher, Miss Jung over there, I just wanna tell you guys she got a scandal even though she was engaged with Chanyeol. Please look up this matter as soon as possible. Thank you!” I patted the student council’s head and walked down the stage.

 

During break time, Jiyeon and I were eating lunch at my classroom and she just looked at me in confusion.

“Spit it out if you wanna ask something.” I said to Jiyeon and ate my egg roll.

“I’m quite surprised they didn’t call you to the staff room or suspend you.” Jiyeon said to me and I just smirked.

“Since I’m the granddaughter of Park Wonhee, they don’t dare to do anything to me.” I stated to Jiyeon proudly and she just ate her lunchbox but I think she’s still thinking about something since her face said so.

 

As I arrived home, I was surprised to see that the house was so dark. I entered it slowly and I saw my mom crying in the dining room. I approached her and asked, “Why are you crying, mom?”

My mom looked at me and said, “They took Chanyeol away.”

“Who took Chanyeol away?” I asked my mom in panic tone and she shook her head.

“I don’t know. Some guys in black tuxedo came and I was surprised that Chanyeol just followed them without putting any fight.” My mom explained to me and I just looked at her, dumbfounded by the situation that just occurred to me.