My First Kiss

Do I Love You?

I stood in front of the school huge entrance gate, ignoring the stares from every student that entered the school area and I bounced a few times in excitement. After that, I walked forward while looking around the school’s structure and its green surrounding. As I passed the huge fountain in the middle of the school’s ground, a pretty girl with long, black hair stood in front of me. She crossed her arms and I saw ‘The Student Council’ red ribbon pinned on her left arm.

“You’re breaking the school’s rules. First of all, no hair dyeing. Secondly, wear the school uniform in a right way. Lastly, nails art are strictly forbidden in this school.” The girl explained to me and took out a small notebook together with a pen.

“Hold on for a second! I’m new with this school and today is my first day studying here. So, can’t you let me slip just for this time since I don’t know the school’s rules?” I tried to create a reasonable excused and got ready to run away.

Suddenly, a hair guy that wore a spectacle approached us. He also had the ribbon but purple in colour and it wrote ‘The Student Council President’. The girl bowed as she saw him and the guy averted his attention to me.

“I presume that this student council has explained some of the school’s rules to you. Am I correct?” The student council president asked me firmly and I just nodded my head.

My iPhone6 unfortunately vibrated and I jumped a little out of surprise. Then, the student council president suddenly moved closer and hugged me. I became paralyzed until he released me. My cell phone is on his hand now and he gave it to the student council girl.

“Hey! You can’t just take someone’s phone! It’s called stealing!” I yelled at the guy and he just looked at me expressionless.

“Since it violated the school’s rules, the phone will be confiscated for a while. You can retrieve it during break time in the student council’s room.” The student council president said to me and walked away together with the student council girl.

I clenched my fist in annoyance and yelled, “F#@K YOU STUDENT COUNCIL BASTARD!” All eyes were on me now but I just totally ignored it.

The student council president stopped and turned to me. “Extended. Retrieve it after school.” He said to me calmly and continued to walk.

 

As I entered the washroom, a girl with long wavy hair suddenly hugged me from behind. I jumped a little and she laughed at my reaction.

“Do I know you?” I asked the girl and she just smiled at me.

“I’m your secret admirer. Will you go out with me?” The girl suddenly confessed to me and my eyes widened.

Then, she suddenly laughed again and released her embrace. “Just kidding. What you’ve done at the school ground was so damn cool. You should have seen Na-eun’s face! Not to mention the president since he got no expression at all.” She explained to me excitedly.

“Who’s Na-eun?” I asked the girl in confusion.

“You know, the student council girl earlier, her name is Son Na-eun. She’s the school vice president. Oh, I forgot to tell you my name! My name is Park Jiyeon. You are?”

“Sorry about that. Mine is Shin Yuna. You can just call me anything you want. Nice to meet you, Jiyeon-shii.” I introduced myself to the girl whose name is Park Jiyeon.

After a few minutes chatting, we both went out of the washroom and walked towards our perspective classroom.

 

The school bell rang which shows that the school has ended. I saw Jiyeon standing in front of my classroom while saying goodbye to my classmates that went out of the classroom. Then, as I walked out from the classroom, Jiyeon locked her arms around mine and we both walked towards the school entrance door. Before we walked out of the school, I remembered something important and stopped on my track.

“What’s wrong, Yuna?” Jiyeon asked me and released her hands from my arms.

I hit my head and looked at Jiyeon apologetically. “I’m so sorry, Jiyeon-shii. I forgot to retrieve my cell phone at the student council’s room. Maybe we could go home together some other time?” I apologized to Jiyeon and she just smiled innocently at me.

“It’s ok, Yuna but, you must treat me next time, ok?” Jiyeon said to me while grinning wickedly at me. I just nodded my head and she walked out of the school.

I just sighed and ran to the student council’s room. When I arrived, I opened the door without even care to knock it and I saw the student council president sitting on an office chair behind a wide desk while reading a book. The desk was filled with so many papers and a nametag with the name ‘Park Chanyeol’. Then, he looked up, still expressionless and closed his book.

“Don’t you know the words ‘knock the door before you enter a room’?” The student council president named Park Chanyeol asked me sarcastically and stood up from his seat.

I just glared at him and clear my throat. After a few moment of silence, I clear my throat again and said, “I’m here now, as you told me to. So, you should do what you should do.” I held out my hand and he gave back my iPhone6.

Before I could walk away, Chanyeol held my wrist and said, “I’ll let you slip this time, Shin Yuna but, remember this very well, there’s no second chance. Tomorrow I want you to dye your hair back to black, trim your nails and wear the appropriate school uniform. Your jacket should be on your body, not tied on your waist. Got it?”

“Ok, fine! I’ll do as you say, so get your damn hand off from my wrist.” I complained to Chanyeol and wriggled my wrist from his hand.

Then, he released it and walked away. Before I walked out from the student council’s room, I checked my cell phone first, afraid that Chanyeol would check my messages.

 

The sky has turned orange as I set my foot on the school ground. I was busy texting while walking when all of a sudden, my foot landed on mud. I cursed myself and walked at the back of the school to clean my shoes since it’s the nearest pipe that I knew. After I’ve finished cleaning my shoes, I heard mumbling voices of a guy and a woman. I followed the voice and what I saw almost got me a heart attack.

My homeroom teacher, Jessica Jung was flirting with the student council president, Park Chanyeol. I hid behind the bushes and peeked at them. Just before they’re about to kiss, my body lose its balance and I fell on the ground. Park Chanyeol looked at me and I ran away as fast as I could after I make an eye contact with him.

 

When I arrived home, my mom had just finished unpacking our belonging since we’ve just moved into a new apartment that was owned by my new dad aka my step-dad.

“You’re late. I thought you promised to help me unpacking.” My mom, Park Mi Rae complained to me and I just hugged her while laughing.

“I’m so sorry, mom. I’ve got something to do at school. That’s why I’m late.” I make an excuse to my mom and she just smiled. “Where’s dad?”

“He just went to Canada this evening. Your new dad loves to travel a lot so he rarely came home.” My mom explained to me while arranging her wedding photo on the wall.

I just sighed and asked, “You’re not marrying another weirdo, are you?” My mom just laughed and I smiled at her reaction. Then, I asked her another question, “Mom, are you happy?”

“I’m very happy since you got a new great father and also little brother.” My mom explained to me and I looked at her in confusion at the mention of little brother. “Oh, I forgot to tell you that you got a little brother now.”

A few minutes later, someone opened the door and said, “I’m home.”

I recognize the voice and turned around slowly. My mom was so excited to see the young man in front of the door and my eyes widened when I saw Chanyeol standing in front of me. He smiled politely at my mom and bowed his head.

“Yuna, meet your little brother since you born a month earlier than him.” My mom said to me and I just looked at Chanyeol in annoyance.

When my mom said ‘little brother’, I thought it would be a cute innocent boy that aged ranging from six to fourteen. I just nodded my head and walked to the bathroom to take a shower.

As I entered my bedroom after the bath, I was surprised to see Chanyeol unpacking his luggage, IN MY BEDROOM.

“What are you doing?” I asked Chanyeol and he looked at me in annoyance.

“Can’t you see what I’m doing? I’m unpacking my luggage.” Chanyeol said to me, obviously annoyed and continued to fold his clothes.

I feel like I’m going to erupt like a volcano eruption with his attitude. I stormed out of my bedroom and went to the kitchen where my mom was cooking for dinner.

“What is it Yuna?” My mom asked me while cutting the carrot. I took the knife from my mom’s hand and cut the carrot angrily. “Honey, what is wrong with you?”

“Am I sharing the bedroom with my ‘little brother’?” I asked my mom and put a quotation mark on the words little brother.

“Of course since this apartment got two bedrooms only. Now, don’t disturb mommy, be good to your little brother and prepare the warm water for him to take a bath.” My mom explained to me and took the knife back from my hand.

“Don’t treat me like a kid!” I complained to my mom and walked to the bathroom to prepare the warm water.

A few minutes later, I went back to my bedroom and saw Chanyeol sitting on the floor while reading a book.

“I’ve prepare the warm water for you.” I said to Chanyeol and he just ignored me.

Then, he stood up and took his towel. I am so annoyed with his silence and ignorance and I definitely must make him talk.

“I saw you with Miss Jung this evening. What’s that all about? Are you dating her? I never thought you like older woman.” I teased Chanyeol and he stopped his movement. He turned to me and just stared at me coldly. “You even wanna kiss her? That’s so straightforward of you. I thought you’re the type that study all the time and bossy.”

“Bossy? I’m not being bossy. I’m just teaching discipline to the other students.” Chanyeol scolded me and move closer towards me. He pushed me to the mattress until I fell on it and our lips met with each other. My eyes widened in surprised and he pulled away. “Stay out of my business.” Chanyeol whispered to me and then walked away.

I just stood still, dumbfounded and annoyed at the same time. “WHAT THE F@#K?!”