Anniversary Date - Dongwan

Shinhwa's One Shot Collection

you can try to listen to SHINHWA - Stay while reading this click here

“You… will go again to Canada?”

He nodded slowly and moved his camera again to you. You didn’t know what he wanted to do with his camera exactly since if he wanted to take a picture of you, the lighting was not that good at that place.

“Stop playing.”

He smirked a bit and put down his camera slowly.

 

“When will you go to Canada again? For how long?”

“Not that long. I will go there for just 2 months, and I will go there on this Friday.”

4 days again. You turned your hand to see your watch and you saw the date when he will go to Canada.

You sighed and turned to him again.


 

 

“Are you sure you will go to Canada?”

“Yes, why?” he furrowed his eyebrows and said, “You know I really love Canada right? And how I really want to learn English there.”

“I know… but…”

 

You knew it so well how this man like Canada so much. Even you met him on your trip to Canada and you still remembered how he was so excited to tell you about his third trip to Canada while you were still a stranger for him.

And now, being his girlfriend for almost one year, you knew it more. You knew how he really wanted to improve his English, and how he really wanted to meet their friends in Canada every year.

 

“Can’t you just… stay in Korea for now?”

“Why?”

“On Friday…” You bit your lips, “You didn’t remember what day it is?”

 

He lifted one of his eyebrows which looked so cute in front of you.

“What? The day I will go to Canada.”

 

You sighed deeply.

“Indeed. Kim Dongwan will never understand girl’s mind.”

 

 

“Mwo?”

“Forget it,” You stood up from your place and turned to him who was still sitting on his place, looking at you blankly.

 

“Now I will give you a choice. Me. Or Canada.”

 

“Oh Honey, please don’t do this. And why did you suddenly ask about this too? You always support me whenever I want to go to Canada right?”

“But not now,” you bit your lips, “You choose.”

“Honey…”

“Okay… I knew the answer. Good bye.”

  


 

And you regretted your decision to do that to him. It was 3 days ago, and until now, he didn’t call or message you. You didn’t call or message him too, no, you couldn’t do that, since you felt so embarrassed with what you have done to him.

Being a girlfriend who was selfish.

How stupid you were.

 

You kept looking at your phone to search his message or missed call. But still nothing on your notification. Instead, you realized something that made you feeling worse.

Tomorrow is Friday. The day he will leave to Canada.

 

“Call him, stupid.”

You turned to your coworker who smirked to you.

“But…”

“But what? You have felt blue these 3 days, did you realize it?”

You bit your lips and put your head on your table. You turned to your left side to see your phone on your hand.

 

“Call him. It’s your fault to give him that kind of choice. You knew it so well that you and Canada are important to him and…”

“But he forgot something more important.” You sighed and locked your gaze on your phone wallpaper.

His candid picture that you took when you were on your first date with him.

His sparkling eyes.

And his cheerful smile.

 

“What kind of thing did he forget seriously?” asked your friend again.

 

 

“Our…” You bit your lips, “Anniversary.”

 


 

You walked back to your home with heavy steps. Still no call and message from Dongwan. And it made you devastated. You knew you should call him or contact him first, but your pride was higher than your bad feeling to him.

But your thumb moved faster than your pride for sure.

“Oh gosh…”

 

“Hello? Honey? You are there?”

You bit your lips and slowly put your phone on your right ear. You could hear his deep sigh from other side, and somehow, it made you happy slightly because you can finally heard his voice.

“I am.”

 

“Where are you now?”

“I’m on my way to go back to my home.”

“Really?”

“Dongwan, I guess I need to say something about 2 days ago…”

“No, wait. Stay still.”

 

You stopped moving your feet when he said that. You furrowed your eyebrows, feeling weird with his words. You turned your back to look around, and that’s where you saw him running to your place.

 

“Kim Dongwan…”

 

You saw a bucket of white roses on his hands and it’s a big one, really big one. He ran away to you with that, and you can see some of petals fell down to the ground.

 

“Honey…” he called you with his gasping voice, and he slowly stood up in front of you. You could see clearly his sweats, seemed he was running from a far place to get you in here.

 

“Dongwan… I just…”

 

“I’m sorry. I’m the bad guy. I forgot the most important date for us.”

“You… remembered it?”

 

He slowly moved the bucket of white roses to you and said, “61 white roses. I paid it first because I can’t give you roses every day for 2 months later.”

“Dongwan… I…”

“And this one.”

 

He took out something from his pocket and you could see it was a red box from his hand. You turned to him to ask what it was, but he opened it already and showed it to you.

It was a necklace, with a beautiful star as the pendant.

 

“You always say I have sparkling eyes, right?” he chuckled and slowly took out the necklace. He turned to your back, and slowly helped you to wear the necklace.

“Two months I will be not by your side, but you can still look at this necklace. Count this as my eyes, who always sparkling around you.”

 

“Kim Dongwan…”

He turned your body and slowly kissed your forehead.

“Happy anniversary, my honey.”

 

You couldn’t hold your feelings anymore. You ended bursting with your tears, and it made him startled a little bit.

“Oh my honey, did I do something wrong again? Stop crying dear…”

You shook your head and said, “You didn’t do anything wrong. I was the one who did wrong. I’m sorry to give you that kind of situation. The situation where you need to choose between me or Canada. I should support you like usual, but…”

You cried again and he slowly wiped your tears with his thumb. He cupped your face and smiled warmly to you.

“Dear, I knew you’re upset. It’s fine, it’s my fault to forget about our anniversary date. Don’t feel too bad, okay?”

 

He slowly pulled you to his embrace and you hugged him back because you missed him so much for these 2 days.

 

 

“Now… let’s have the real celebration for our anniversary.”

“Hm?”

“Your house. Me. And You. Both of us.”

You turned to him who smirked silently and it made you smiling slightly.

“Kim Dongwan will be a ert one at the end. Always.”

“But it’s better to be ert with my girl. My only one for now and forever.”

And he ended his sentence with a light peck on your red lips.


author's note:

also available in my tumblr page

http://destinygyo.tumblr.com/post/123078589946/one-shot-anniversary-date-dongwan