Chapter I:

Moonlight ☾●

Stella P.O.V.

***

 

 

It was the first day of winter, a sign that said only four days were missed from Christmas.

Bye mom! I go! I told wearing mountain boots and taking the jacket.

Do not do the frenzied on icy roads and be careful! then she said to me from the kitchen.

Yes, I will pay attention. Do not worry. I go! See you tonight. I closed the door. It was very cold and the air too sparkling tickled my nose.

Finally on vacation.. a little sigh escape from my mouth.

 

I walk toward my new car gave me from my uncles and aunts and I got in: I sniffed the perfume again that it emanated and started the engine. I was very happy to go finding my grandparents in the mountains, but at the same time I was concerned that the snow had fallen that night nearby hut: more than three meters. I started to drive.

It was passed almost half an hour. The snow began again to get off at small flakes and to fall on the branches of the trees. Being away from the city and looking at the road, I realized that I was not accustomed to driving with snowy asphalt. I noticed the time: it was nearly before the fourteen-thirty in the afternoon.

Why is winter so long and the days are so short... I will arrive at half past three and start to not see anything. I snorted.
 
Suddenly something crossed the street running at breakneck speed: I refrained shooting and saw it disappearing into the trees on my left.
 
WHAT WAS THAT!?!? I told myself. Then observing better the place where I saw it disappearing, I seemed to catch a glimpse of two red eyes staring at me and then dissolve in the darkness of the forest.
 
WHAT. WAS IT. I said upset making me shiver.
These deers crossing without even respect the precedence. Such offenders.
 
So after I recovered from the shock, I left on my way without noticing two looks that followed me from afar.

 

 

3° P.O.V

***

 

Do you realize what you risked??!! You COULD BE INVESTED!! 
 
Listen. Calm down. I had the situation under control. You do not need this lecture! 
 
I saw you under the car at any moment. You cannot do such stupid things! It's a good thing she has not hurt herself! 
 
Ok ok, fine. Next time I will look before crossing.
 
You get it! I hope.

I cannot do this. That's too dangerous. This one is even worse. I can never do what I want because there's always someone who yells at me. Why me? I'm not the youngest, I can take care of myself.
 
From what I've seen, not much.
 
Listen: I said that I learned my lesson. Thats enough. Stop reproaching me... as if you had not made such nonsense things when you were my age..
 
I've made myself, it is true. But I don't believe that no one has reprimanded. All wrong. But every single time we're told something, you don't care. If you listened to the suggestions, maybe these things wouldn't happen.
 
You are saying that I behave as a child? That I do not care of others? I have never liked being what I am. And I don't even know why I am what I am... do you believe it isn't difficult to control my instincts? A little while ago just I was not able to stop also because of the snow. It is not always to my will if I wrong.
 
This, I can understand it perfectly. I'm just saying you should be a bit more responsible. I warmed up only because I saw danger in your and her life. That's all...
 
...is she so important?
 
What?
 
Her.. Is she so important?
 
Essential. Now don't make trouble and not get see
 
See and know by that "S" person. OK OK. Don't you need me to keep on dire.
 
You risked though, huh? 
 
Yes, she won't see me anymore. All right!... I'm cold.
 
Let's go home and get warm, come on.

 
Four eyes, a few blood-red and two green streaks on fire, appeared along with two creatures, and after a few seconds they started running toward the thickest point of the forest, where the light was struggling to reach the ground.

 

Stella P.O.V.

***

 

I am arrived! How nice, I'll see my grandparents! I said excitedly.
I knocked on the door. No one answered. "How odd .. they should be home, though." I thought.
I tried again to knock. Still nothing.
At that point I decided to try to come in and to my surprise I saw that the door was not locked. "Grandpa will never change.. he always forget to close the door. He risks to give free passage to thieves... although over here at the cabin there are only hibernating squirrels and snowflakes.".
Inside the house, it was all in order and clean. It was impossible that they had left a long time unattended.
However a bad thought crossed my mind that made me worry a bit. I decided to call my mother, maybe she knew something.

 
...hello?
Mom! I need your help.
What? What happened?.. Do not tell me that you skidded and the car is destroyed, because if so I shoot you!
No, no mom, calm down. It's all right, and the car is fine. I just wanted to ask you if you know where are my grandparents. Here the hut there aren't sign of them.
How is it possible? Are you sure? ... They told me that they'd were returned to valley after tomorrow ... Wait, I call them. You stay calm.
Ok. Hurry though. It's freezing out here.

I closed the call. I had finished the credit on my mobilephone, so the only thing I could do was wait for my mother who would call me back.
 
After a while a cold wind began to blow and the snow began to fall; as if that was not enough to have three meters of snow on the edges of the shelter. I believed that if it continued to snow for much longer, I would have found snow even in the .
I decided to go and take shelter in my car. At least there I could get warm. So I closed the door of the house, trying to block it in some way before I get chilly in the car.
 
A few minutes later my phone began to ring. I replied, and after the words of my mother I managed to calm. They were in their home in the city because the cabin was too cold to live with constant -10 ° C. I thanked her, turned off the phone and took the car keys from my pocket. I slipped in the ignition point. By now I had nothing better to do in this isolated place but to return to my home.
But...it did not turn on.
The car didn't want to turn on.
I panicked.
Why do you not turn on stupid contraption with wheels! I said continuing to turn the key but did not get any results. I realized that the battery was depleted because of the cold and the darkness was beginning to fall.
Ok. Keep calm. It's all right. I have no money in the phone, my car died, the darkness is taking upper hand, and it's cold. If I stay here it ends up that I die frozen.
I walked to the hut but I had the feeling that someone was following me. Then I turned to scrutinize the place around me but I saw no one: "It 's just your imagination Stella, just your imagination."

I entered. "Grandfather sometimes your forgetfulness is helpful. Thank you."

I the light and looked at all the decor typical of mountain chalets and the fireplace. So I went outside the entrance, and took some wood log that my grandparents kept for cold days.
I arranged them in the fireplace and lit the fire, the flame gave off a gentle heat and sparks along the creak of wood made the atmosphere magical and relaxing.
Then closed the door with the pin as I did not have the key and I went to sit on the sofa by the fireplace. I relaxed a lot, long enough to be able to sleep.

 

 

***

 

Three in the night. Bitterly cold.
 
I woke with a howl.
W-W-Wolves? Oh God wolves??  I shuddered.
Wolves. Apparently they were in the neighborhood and the landscape that could be seen from the window was somewhat disturbing shadows, wind, darkness made it a dark place.
I saw that the fire was dying.
I do not go out there.. but I need firewood..
I decided.

I wore my jacket. I went out. A wave of cold invested me making me shudder.
I looked up, the moon was almost full and somehow his light fascinated me more than anything else .. it was an emotion that told me to go to it. It attracted me.. without knowing the reason.
I was about to close the door when I saw a shadow moving in the darkness: it was close to one of the many great firs that moved as if they were alive.
My instinct told him to come right away, but there was something that make me thinking the contrary: perhaps curiosity, perhaps fear. Perhaps it was that shadow to tell me not to move.
Hey! I managed.

Is there anybody, there?! I was afraid of that place at night.
Suddenly two red eyes appeared and began to stare at me. I felt like a supernatural force that stops me but I could not understand what it was.
Then, I began to move toward them: I was too curious to know who or what was the black figure. But most of all I wanted to see if those eyes were as mysterious and fascinating as the being who possessed them.