Chapter Three

What is perfection?

8 September 2006

When you were little, the smallest problems were like a life crisis; the most devastating thing you had to deal with. On the contrary, the tiniest bit of kindness was like a saviour, carrying you away from the dark.

It was a dark and gloomy start to my day when I came to discover that the closest friend of mine in primary school, Lee Sara, was to depart Seoul tomorrow and leave to America. 

She had come over to my house especially to break the news, and the devastation hit me hard. The first time in my life, did I come to realise that sometimes, reality hurt. I certainly couldn't cope with the news as a small nine-year old girl who only confided to one friend everyday and only hung out with one friend at school. Without Sara, I imagined that I could not live a day without feeling constant desolation and rejection.

As we swung on the swings together for the very last time, I blinked back the tears whilst we hugged tightly. That very moment, was the moment when I knew that this was the official farewell. I was too young to realise that the people you call your friends, come and go, like the wind blowing the sand out of your hands. And till the end of your road, you come to realise that the sand that flew away did not deserve your tears. Instead, it was important to treasure what was left, which would only be a couple grains of sand that had stuck onto your palms, those were the ones who had continually stayed by your side.

As an innocent 9 year old girl, I was yet too small to understand the meaning that not all people in your life are meant to stay.

Nonetheless, after Sara was taken home by her mother, I was left swinging on the swings; lonely and gloomy. My heart was heavy, and I persistently stared at the empty swing next to me, wishing my dear little heart that someone could fill that empty spot. Tears welled up from my eyes, and I finally let out all my emotions I had been trying so hard to keep in when my best friend was here. I had not wanted her to see me cry; otherwise our last meeting would always be remembered as a sorrowful one. No, I wanted our memories to always be beautiful and joyous; I wanted this friendship to be reminiscent of the happiness we shared.

The more I wiped my tears away, the more they fell, it seemed as though nothing could stop my overflowing tears, or my aching heart. That point in time, I felt as if nothing could be worse than losing your best friend.

Tap. Tap.

I felt something behind my back, and as I turned around with my swollen eyes, I was met with a breath taking sight. There, was a beautiful boy with big, doe eyes; his nose was cute and pointy, and he resembled greatly like a deer. He had a soft and comforting smile laced over his lips, and he uttered the first words he had said to me with his angelic and melodic voice.

"Wipe your tears."

He took out a white, silk handkerchief and slowly helped me wipe the droplets of sadness away.

Then, he used his other hand to pat my back, "If you gather yourself and face what is coming next, maybe happiness will be awaiting for you right in the corner."

His lips burst out in to a gummy smile, his cheeks were chubby and adorable, it made me feel...so much warmth and love. His eyes, now sparkled with encouragement and enthusiasm; in that moment, everything about him seemed almost too good to be true. Because to me, he was like my angel, saving me in my darkest times, and leading me towards the light.

Seeing that I looked less sorrowful, the boy once again comforted me in his melodic voice that were like music to my ears, "If you ever feel down again, just remember what I told you, okay?"

I nodded, unable to speak to the older boy, because my heart was throbbing so fast, and my mind was spinning out of control. My face was flushed a faint pink, and my eyes basically turned into love hearts the longer he stared right into my soul.

He patted my head with a chuckle, leaving me more and more so astonished, and more and more so enraptured. Was it possible to feel so strongly about another? Because at this moment, I sure felt like it was as if in this whole world, there was only me, and him.

As he was about to walk away, I instinctively held onto his hand. Surprised, he slowly turned around, his side profile as stunning as his portrait, and asked, "What's wrong?"

I opened my mouth for the first time, and whispered in a soft and embarrassed tone, "Name. What's your name?"

I did not hear a response, and I looked up to see his serious face, my eyes filled with worry and anxiousness...had I asked too much? Panic filled my mind as my eyes darted back and forth, I had indeed made a fool out of myself.

Then, I heard his tinkling laughter, his eyes sparkling brighter than I had ever seen. He ruffled my hair once again, and replied, "Don't look so scared. I am not scary, am I?"

He then bent down and whispered, looking straight into my eyes, "Tell me your name first, and I will tell you yours."

The close proximity was slowly killing me, and I slowly stuttered back, "My...my name is Hana. Song Hana."

He smiled gracefully and replied, "Nice to meet you Hana. My name is Luhan."

I stared as he walked off to the distance, the trees rustling as the boy's back slowly faded away from my sight. I stared for a long time, lost in trance, unable to get out of this seemingly beautiful dream.

"Lu....Han?" I whispered giddily to myself, before swinging happily on the swing as if I had never been sad before.

Luhan. I had met a perfect boy called Luhan.

 

It was the bliss of being young and innocent; I daydreamed without pain, without fear, without loss.

Which was why I believed that Luhan was the perfect prince for me.

 

-----------

Been a while, sorry guys xx

Going to be back and updating, just so I can finish all my stories soon~!

Hope this chapter was alright, I depicted the first innocence of romance, isn't it cute and naive?

Please comment, up vote and subscribe!

Lots of love,

Bailin