The boys are back in town (2/2)

LAST PROMISE

It was 8am, and Suho was driving. Sehun who doesn't move from the front seat looks at the map. “Sehun whats the next stop?” “home” Suho takes his eyes from the road to hit Sehun, when he loses control of the van.

 

Everyone grabs everything and each other. But lucky Suho controls the van and they just end in the side of the road. “is everyone okay?” Suho looks around the van. Everyone was scared, but their fine.

 

“sorry guys, i’ll pay attention to the road” When Suho press the accelerator, the back tires would make a weird sound. Apart from picking mud, and small rocks. “stop Suho! i think we are stuck” Sehun says.

 

“stuck?” Suho looks behind him, and sees the windows cover with mud. They didn't know this roads, so they didn't know how far there was a gas station to find someone who can help them. “we have to work together” Jongin says, as he pushes Baekhyun out of the van.

 

They havent work together in a lot of years, and it didn't look like it was going to be easy. Kyungsoo follows Jongin. However his mind was made up, he wasn't going to help. “you’ll press the accelerator, and we’ll push” Baekhyun tells Suho, as he was getting out of the van.

 

Sehun stops him, “you stay here too, your weak” Sehun gets out of the van, to see how bad it look. “okay, everyone lets push” Jongin begins to push, but it was hard just himself. He stops, and he looks at Sehun and Kyungsoo.

 

“you guys, hello! we need to do this”

 

“im wearing gucci Jongin, if i help im gonna get mud on my clothes.” Jongin sighs. Sehun doesn't give an excuse instead he shows no interest in helping. Baekhyun gets out of the van, and stands next to Jongin.

 

“when i say go we’ll push, and you Suho would press the accelerator” Baekhyun yells, Sehun pulls Baekhyun out of there. “i said stay in the car!” Baekhyun stands there shock of how loud Sehun’s voice is.

 

Sehun never used that tone of voice. “i’ll call my helicopter to come and get us. this trip is over” Jongin stands next to Baekhyun for some support. "why cant you just stay and continue this trip!?”

 

Sehun takes his phone out, and begins to dial ”because your hurt, and….even now i cant see you” the mad tone, turns into disgust. "why not?! just forget it!” Baekhyun eye’s begin to get watery, and Jongin is ready to stop this. But Sehun yells, ”because your being selfish again!”

 

Kyungsoo looks down, and Suho knows it time to get out of the van and fix this. But it was to late Baekhyun was crying, and he feels stupid and everything is starting to hurt again. “no one is leaving, we are going to push this van, and we gonna continue.”

 

“Kyungsoo you drive, Baekhyun, Jongin and I would push” Kyungsoo nods, and runs to the driver seat. Sehun looks at Baekhyun mad, as he makes his hand into a fist. Baekhyun want it to look away but he couldn’t.

 

He couldnt blame Sehun, but it still hurt. “wait, wait” everyone stops what their doing. “we cant continue like this, Baekhyun and Sehun stay here and talk in private.” Suho taps Jongin’s shoulder for them to go back to the van.

 

“speak” Baekhyun says cleaning his tears. But Sehun didn't know where to start. “you……said i was the love of your life——” “you are! I’m sorry that the person who fell in love with you has a short life. Im sorry that I was a dead man walking”

 

“i cant process the idea that you left. No calls, no letters nothing to proof that you were still alive. How did you think i was feeling? staying in a dorm room that was suppose to be for both of us!! With your stuff everywhere just to remind me that your not there!”

 

“because, i know you perfectly. Better than you know yourself. I knew if i had told you, you wouldn't be the person you are today. And i knew i wasn't going to die without seen you again. And look at me right now. Im looking at you right now. I was right”

 

Sehun bites his lip, trying to look again. Tears that his been holding for what it feels like a thousand years want to come out now. “im sorry, i would always be sorry. But i also know i would always love you. You are after all the love of my life,”

 

“and im the love of your life” Sehun puts his hand in his mouth, as he begins to cry. He thinks maybe if he doesn't show his whole face he’ll stop crying. Nor he’ll make Baekhyun cry. But it didn't work.

 

They both start to cry.

And so the three best friend in the van.

 

“look at him Kyungsoo” Kyungsoo puts his book down, and looks at the direction that Baekhyun was looking. “what? the new student?” Baekhyun nods. “doesnt he shine so bright?” Kyungsoo chuckles. “okay, stop dramatic Baekhyun”

 

“im serious!” Baekhyun hits Kyungsoo’s shoulder playfully. "staring at him its like staring at the sun. And i know i'll soon get burn” Kyungsoo grabs his book and hits Baekhyun in the head. “you dont even know him!”

 

“i dont need to know him, my heart already told me everything i need to know about him” Kyungsoo puts his arm around Baekhyun, “lets go, i’ll buy you some water so you can pour it in your face. I wouldn't want you to get burn”

 

By the third day everyone was more at ease. But Baekhyun knows it was going to take more than three days to make it up to them. And Baekhyun was going to do everything in his power to do so.

 

Suddenly there was a knock on the window. Sehun was leading against the window in the back, as Baekhyun uses his shoulder as a pillow. Suho was using the steering wheel as a pillow.

 

As Jongin and Kyungsoo use trunk of the van as a bed. The second time the person knocks on the window is when it made everyone wake up. The sun was shinning but the tired boys didn't quiet notice.

 

Sehun opens his eyes, grunting. “who’s that Suho?” Jongin and Kyungsoo sit in the trunk trying to open one eye at a time. Baekhyun yawns scratching his head. Suho grunts, as he slowly lowers his window.

 

The man looks around his 30’s, but the way he had his hat covering his face it was hard to tell. “are you guys okay? it seem like your stuck?” For everything that happened yesterday, they didn't even care about the van.

 

At that time it wasn't important. 

 

“yes, actually we do”

“i can help you guys,”

 

Suho opens the door, “thank you” Sehun opens the door of the van, and Jongin opens the door of the trunk. Baekhyun goes to the driver seat, ready to start the van. Kyungsoo goes to the passanger seat in case Baekhyun would need help with something.

 

The rest of the boys follow the man to his truck, seen what the man is about to do. “thank you again for stopping, not a lot of people would do that” Suho shakes hand with the stranger. The man chuckles, “you welcome”

 

Sehun smiles, “so whats your plan?”

 

The man grabs rope, “one end would tied to your bumper, and the other one to my bumper. You two,” points at Sehun, and at Jongin. “would push your van. I’ll try to push it with the force of my truck.”

 

Suho nods, “sounds like a good plan,” he grabs the end of the rope, to tie it to the van. “at 3 we all push” the man goes inside his truck, Sehun and Jongin go to their position. Leaving Suho back to the van.

 

“Baekhyun turn the van on” Baekhyun turns the van on, and it was in away to tell people to push. Sehun, and Jongin push the hardest, the truck of the man was only pushing smoke. “Baekhyun, push the accelerator” 

 

“im already pushing”

 

“more!” Suho taps Baekhyun’s shoulder, as he raises his voice. Not in a mean way, in a way that he need it. For all the noise there was in the outside. There was also smoke coming from the back of the van.

 

Which kinda prevented Sehun and Jongin to continue push. However they underestimate the kind stranger’s truck. Because they begin to move, Baekhyun begins to cheer long with his friends. 

 

They begin to move more and more, when they didn't need Sehun and Jongin to push. When suddenly they hear a big thump sound. Baekhyun turns off the van, and everyone looks to the front. The kind stranger’s bumper was on the floor.

 

To much pulling made the bumper detach from the truck. The man stops the trunk and checks the back. The new bumper lays down in the ground. “so sorry” Jongin says, Sehun approaches and tries to untie the rope.

 

“we’ll pay for it” Jongin goes inside the van, “Kyungsoo we need money” Baekhyun and Suho look how Sehun continues to untie the rope, as he makes small talk with the man. Hoping Jongin would hurry up.

 

“what are you talking about? i dont have money”

 

“come on Kyungsoo, your a singer and rich. Just give me your wallet”

 

Kyungsoo sighs, he didn't want to tell his friends the truth. But if he doesn't he’ll end up looking like a rich jerk. “my company cut me off. They said if i was going to come and see Baekhyun, they would cancel all my cards.”

 

“now what we gonna do?” Suho stares at the man, when out of nowhere the man stares back at him. “Kyungsoo pretend your getting your wallet” “i told you they wont work” Suho puts on his crazy eyes, “just.pretend.”

 

Kyungsoo sighs, as he grabs his wallet from the back pocket of his jeans. “Jongin bring Sehun” Suho puts his hand’s in Baekhyun’s shoulders, as he whispers something. Jongin gets out of the van, and walks towards Sehun.

 

“hey Sehun, we kinda need a bit more can you grab your wallet for me?” Jongin puts his hands in his pockets. “Charleston” Jongin says, Sehun stops looking for his wallet and gets the hint. “oh yes, i left my wallet on the trunk” Sehun walks to the back of the van, and opens the door.

 

Jongin opens the door of the backseat where Suho was ready. “GO!” Sehun yells, Baekhyun presses the accelerator and they take off. The kind man starts to run trying to catch up to them, but Baekhyun was really pressing hard.

 

Sehun knocks on the door, when he hears the teacher sighing “come in” Sehun slowly opens the door, as he locks his eyes on Jongin. “sorry for interrupting. But the principle told me he needs to see Jongin. Its an emergency” 

 

Jongin looks scared as he looks at Sehun, “an emergency?” the tall boy nods, “yes,” he switches between looking at the teacher and at Jongin. “its Charleston, Jongin” immediately, something clicks in Jongin’s head.

 

It was the password, their own secret word. Every since they saw that spy movie, in where Charleston was the spy’s name. They decided to uses that as their own secret spy word. “Mrs. Lee you have to let me go” 

 

“go” Jongin grabs his things and runs with Sehun.

 

At the end of the hall Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Suho wait for them. “run, run” Sehun yells, trying so hard not to laugh so loud. When Mrs. Lee opens the door, “hey students! come back!!” Jongin turns around and waves to his teacher.

 

Everyone runs out of the school, as their laughter gets louder. 

 

Sehun, and Jongin (who barely shut the back door) look behind. Suho continues to tell (in a kind way) Baekhyun to drive and not look back. Kyungsoo was looking back and forth. Between the back, and the road.

 

He had never done nothing bad, knowing it wasn't good for his imagine but right now his heart was racing. And he like the feeling. Baekhyun continues to laugh so hard, not believing what he just do. He was excited. He was happy.

 

Sehun and Jongin look in the front and congratulate Baekhyun for a great escape. “lets continue without stoping the man could be following us” Kyungsoo comments, kinda scared. “dont worry Kyungsoo his eating dust right now” Baekhyun confidently comments back.

 

When a nauseous feeling comes to him like a wave. He pulls over, and runs out of the van puking. Suho takes the driver seat, as Sehun goes and checks on Baekhyun. Baekhyun falls to the floor, trying to catch his breath.

 

Kyungsoo hurries to Baekhyun’s side, as Jongin dials the ambulance.

 

“mom!” Baekhyun enters his own home throwing his backpack across the livingroom. “mom?” he enters the kitchen, and sees his parents sitting down. “whats wrong?” “sit son” Baekhyun slowly approaches the chair.

 

As careful as he could. Afraid that if he makes a fast movement, his parents would snap at him. “remember that documentary we saw, last week?” Baekhyun raises his eyebrow, “yes. About the cells?”

 

Mrs. Byun covers for a second. Noticing that Mr. Byun decides to talk. “son, your sick” Baekhyun cant keep his eyes off of his mom. “just like in the documentary. You…..you have cancer son”

 

“what?” Baekhyun says hoarsely, “im so sorry son” Mrs. Byun lets her sob go, as she opens her arms to hug Baekhyun. Baekhyun was numb. He didn't understand. He has the perfect boyfriend, the perfect friends, his going to school of his dreams.

 

He doesn't have time for cancer. 

How is he suppose to live, when right now cancer is winning?

 

The waiting room was dead silence. And the worst part, everyone was looking at Sehun. Suho’s eyes can practically cut Sehun apart, but all the handsome tall man is doing is sighing. And no one knows if that a good thing.

 

Behind them Jongin and Kyungsoo sit, waiting too. When a nurse approaches Jongin with a small cup of coffee. That he didn't order. “here is some coffee” Jongin grabs it, and smiles to the nice nurse. “thank you” the nurse touches her burning face, as her smile can kill Jongin.

 

She says, ‘no problem’ and leaves. “want some?” he offers the cup to Kyungsoo, who was wearing his big black sunglasses. And although Jongin couldnt see how Kyungsoo was looking at him, he could imagine.

 

“what?”

 

“its always been like this” Kyungsoo comments, not in a sour tone. But he actually smiles. “like what?” Jongin asks, having a sip of the coffee that obviously Kyungsoo is not going to drink. “im a singer, and she didn't even try to figure that out. You just have to sit down, and look pretty for everyone to fall for you”

 

Jongin chuckles, “is that a compliment?”

 

Kyungsoo shrugs, and smirks.

 

Sehun sees a doctor walking towards them, so he immediately stands up and approaches him first. “doctor” the doctor sighs mad, “who in the right mind lets a cancer patient go 3 days without their medication!?” 

 

The rest of the friends stand behind Sehun, not a clue of what the doctor is talking about. “what? 3 days?” Sehun finishes saying when he realize that it was true. He didn't see Baekhyun taking any pills. He didn't ask much, because he really didn't want to know. 

 

For a few second he would like to think that Baekhyun wasn't sick.

 

“his in meds right now, we would have him over night. I suggest you call his parents” the doctor is about to walk away when Sehun stops him. “wait, doctor. See we are in a road trip right now” the doctor raises his hand to stop him.

 

“this trip is over. If he leaves this hospital, he’ll die” and with that the doctor leaves. Suho sighs, knowing it was the right thing to do. Staying. Ending this childish trip. “i’ll call Baekhyun’s parents” Jongin takes his cell phone out, when Sehun slaps his phone.

 

“We would ask Baekhyun first”

 

“Sehun.” Suho calls on him. Sehun turns around, and looks at his three friends. “you heard the doctor. If Baekhyun leaves, he’ll die.” “Suho, dont you realize? Baekhyun is gonna die anyway. But he wont die here”

 

“you know what that means right? we would need to escape from here” Kyungsoo finally speaks. He was the brains. He was the reasoning. But now, it didn't matter. They need to save his friend.

 

“i’ll go get Baekhyun. Suho get a wheelchair. Jongin and Kyungsoo get the van ready!”

 

“so we are really doing this?” Suho asks one more time. Sehun chuckles, “not without you” Suho scratches his head, and ends up sighing. “lets do this quick” everyone pat’s Suho’s back before they leave.

 

“you’ll start the chemotherapy” the doctor announces, and Baekhyun goes deaf. All he catches is movement. Slides of pieces of pictures. Nurses bringing things, that connect him to machines. His mother holding his hand.

 

And all he could think of was Sehun.

Sehun Sehun Sehun 

Sehun Sehun Sehun 

Sehun Sehun Sehun 

Sehun Sehun Sehun 

Sehun Sehun Sehun 

 

And when he does, he realize that Sehun would only be a ‘thought’ now. 

 

Sehun knocks on the white door, making Baekhyun turn to see who it was. He was ready for his friends to yell at him. To ask him why wasn't he taken his medicines. However he wasn't ready to see Sehun enter his room alone.

 

“your here to convinced me to stay?” Baekhyun asks. He knows Suho probably send Sehun to convinced the poor dying boy to stay. To quit on this stupid road trip. “why? do you want me too?”

 

“is not what i want, is what other people want. Its been like that since i got diagnosed with cancer.” “well,” Sehun approaches Baekhyun. “not this time. Let’s go Baekhyun.” Sehun stretches his hand, waiting for Baekhyun to grab it.

 

For the first time, how it was meant to be.

 

The door opens and it was Suho with a wheelchair. Baekhyun smiles, as he grabs Sehun’s hand. Sehun pulls him, and helps the dying boy to stand up. Suho puts the wheelchair closer, and both Sehun and him help Baekhyun.

 

“go Suho, i’ll grab Baekhyun’s things” Suho nods, and takes Baekhyun out of the room. Sehun grabs Baekhyun’s clothes and shoes. And follows shortly behind, when the doctor stops him. “this is the choice your making?”

 

“is not my choice, its Baekhyun’s”

 

“he’ll die”

 

Sehun holds on to Baekhyun’s things closer. “tell me doctor, if he stays can you promise me that the medicines would make him better enough for him not to die?” the doctor takes a moment. “the medicines would assure him to not have any pain——“

 

“but would they cure him? can you promise me that Baekhyun wont die?”

 

“you know i cant promise you that. Not in Baekhyun’s case”

 

Sehun sneer’s “well doctor. its obvious what im going to do.” Sehun bows, and begins to run to catch up with Suho and Baekhyun. When he notice he was possibly crying.

 

Kyungsoo, Jongin, Suho and Baekhyun walk in the semi lonely hall. They are all picking on Baekhyun because of something he said. When they hear a ‘hey!’. The four friends turn around, and see Sehun waving like crazy.

 

Sehun stops for a moment, and captures this picture. Kyungsoo with his arms crossed, Jongin next to Baekhyun messing with the latter’s hair. Suho who was in the other side of Baekhyun, with his arm around the pretty boy.

 

And the smiles. The big beautiful smiles that turn seen his friend Sehun. Sehun blinks ones, as he lingers. He knows he could take his cell phone and take a picture of his friends. But he decides taking a picture with his eyes, was better.

 

Because he can also save this feelings. That no one could explain, not even himself. He knows this way its better. “hurry Sehun!” Baekhyun makes a sign for Sehun to run towards them. Sehun runs towards them laughing. 

 

Laughing hard so he can erase the small tears that are around his eyes.

 

When the hospital doors open, he sees the van in front. And the picture he swore he was going to keep forever appears. “hurry Sehun!” Baekhyun yells.

 

Sehun chuckles, as he nods. Jongin opens the door for Sehun, and Sehun gets in. “okay, ready?!” Suho looks at everyone. “what are we waiting for! lets go!!” Suho claps excited. Jongin starts to bug Kyungsoo who was in the front seat.

 

Suho starts to listen at those two.

 

Baekhyun gets closer to Sehun, as he puts his head on the tall handsome man chest. Just like he missed. Sehun puts his arm around Baekhyun, making the short man closer to him.

 

“Baekhyun, what are you doing standing up?” Mrs. Byun comes in with a tray full medicines and water. Baekhyun stands infront of his shelf looking at a book he forgot he had. “mom, im okay” Mrs. Byun puts the tray in Baekhyun’s desk.

 

“please sit” Mrs. Byun brings the chair to Baekhyun, Baekhyun sits down with the book in his hand. “what are you looking at?” Baekhyun smiles as he shows his mother the book. “Kyungsoo, Suho and me made this.”

 

Mrs. Byun cleans softly. She goes to the tray of medicines, “is weird your looking at it now” Baekhyun nods, “yeah….” Mrs. Byun brings three different pills in one hand, and with the other one a glass of water.

 

“here” she puts them infront of Baekhyun. Baekhyun stops looking at the book, and looks at the pills infront of him. “mom, let me die” Mrs. Byun doesn't say anything. “im tired mom. Im tired of reacting differently to all of this pills. Im tired of getting new ones, and getting the same promises. please mom let me die”

 

Mrs. Byun puts the pills back to the tray, as he sighs mad. “how can a son ask his mother to let him die?” “how can a mom push his son to live, when he knows theres no road up head?” Mrs. Byun covers her face as she begins to cry.

 

“mom” Baekhyun stands up, and bachugs his mother. “its okay. Mom, its okay.” Mrs. Byun turns around, and hugs her son. “im going to do a road trip mom. Im bringing my friends. I need to do this for them. I need to put them first one more time”

 

Mrs. Byun begins to sob, “you know i know your a fighter. And im proud to say you gave a hell of a fight” Baekhyun’s sight begins to get unclear, when he realize tears are building up on his eyes.

 

“Guys!!” Suho hits the sits trying to wake everyone up. Everyone slowly starts to open their eyes, as some of them grunt. “what is it Suho?” Sehun speaks first. But when he looks at the view his mouth hangs open.

 

“Guys!!” while Sehun starts to wake his friends up, Suho gets out of the van to look at the beautiful view closer. “what is it Sehun?” “Baekhyun we are here!” Baekhyun opens the door, and looks at what he was waiting for all his life.

 

Sehun slaps Jongin’s head, before he leaves the van too. Kyungsoo follows shortly, and Jongin slowly opens his eyes, half of him want it to see and the other half just want it to sleep. But he finally opens his eyes, and his awe.

 

He gets out of the van, and stands with his friends. The five friends stand with their mouth open, not believing that their finally here. To the place that along time ago it seem impossible. Their infront of the place they call ‘the grand canyon’.

 

They decide to camp here, so everyone starts to take out things from the back of the van. Except Baekhyun who start it to feel dizzy. He sits down in a trunk tree, looking at everyone pass by.

 

“Suho your good in making fire right?” Baekhyun asks, “its Jongin who is good in making fire” Suho puts sticks around each other, “because he usually starts them” Kyungsoo adds, making everyone laugh.

 

“it was only ones” Jongin defends himself. Sehun chuckles, he grabs some cookies from one of the bags and gives them to Baekhyun. Baekhyun grabs them but doesn't eat them. Suho tries on making a mountain with the sticks, so the fire wont spread later.

 

He grabs a lighter, and lights the sticks. As the night hits, fresh air start to hit them. Jongin finishes putting the tent, and joins Suho. Sehun and Kyungsoo see the warmth coming from the fire that they sit next to Jongin.

 

Baekhyun stays sitting down in the same trunk tree, as his friends sit infront of him in the other trunk tree. He sees how their eating, and making fun of Jongin. And he knows he had done the right thing.

 

Putting his friends first. He knows now he can let go. He was a fighter, and he got more time in this world. Enough to see how his friends dreams come true. Enough time to see the love of his life smile one more time.

 

Baekhyun smiles, as he slowly closes his eyes…

 

 

 

“since when are you going out with him? Kyungsoo?” one of many reporters asks. Jongin and Kyungsoo continue to walk, as the bodyguards follow. Since Kyungsoo came out of the closet, people have been responding differently.

 

All search engines have Kyungsoo’s name all over. They have been reports where some sites have gone down, to the point the website breaks down. 

 

1. [+6,550, -95] his my favorite singer, they make a really cute couple ㅜㅜ

 

2. [+6,115, -203] im not a fan of him, but i heard he sings good

 

3. [+4,081, -135] i heard Kim Jongin is a soldier ㅋㅋ

 

4. [+2,977, -231] his gay? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

5. [+1,034, -25] everyone i know is calling them Jongsoo now

 

Even when the comments are negative or positive Kyungsoo doesn't care. All of this time all he had ever cared is making everyone happy. But now having Jongin with him, he doesn't care about no one else.

 

 

“what do you want to be when you get out of high school?” Suho sits in his new office. His office is not big, but it doesn't matter to him. What’s around his office, and his determination to help kids is enough for him.

 

“i want to be a singer….” the kid looks down, “but my parents said their going to kick me out” Suho leans back, “you know im friends with Kyungsoo” the kids looks up, “who?” Suho sighs, “look if you work hard in your classes, i’ll help you with your dream”

 

“yeah right…” the kids says not believing the new counselor, “look, believe in me like i believe in you!” the kid smiles, “fine.” they both shake hands. Suho feels good about this job.

 

 

 

Sehun calls on his secretary in to his office. Jongdae comes in as he fixes his tie. Sehun tries not to smile when he sees Jongdae come in. He tries to think of something else, because oh god how Sehun loves that suit on Jongdae.

 

Sehun had a crush on Jongdae since he hired the latter. But because the only person he ever loved had left him, he was afraid that it might happened again. So Sehun tried to push Jongdae as far as he could.

 

But it was quiet impossible since Jongdae was his secretary. But now thanks to Baekhyun, Sehun believes in love.

 

And to test it, he’ll do it Baekhyun style.

 

"you want to hear a story?” Jongdae raise his eyebrow, “uhm…sure” he sits down. Sehun tries not to blush, but if Jongdae reacts the way Sehun thinks he’ll will, then he wins. “your the love of my life, you just dont know it yet”

 

Jongdae looks down, blushing blood red. "thats not a story” he murmurs, making Sehun chuckle.

 

 

--------

i got inspired by the movie 'fanboys' you guys should see it! :D

thank you for everyone who reads my story ^ ^

bye for now~