Okay, Who Farted?

The Boy with the Resting Face (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junior year.

That's right, folks, I'm starting anew.

High school life definitely wasn't for me, so these last few years in college had been slightly better. This year is where I'll be able to have a fresh start—more friends, and a closer pursuit to my dreams.

This will also be the year people will stop calling me the Boy with the Resting Face.

"Hanbin-ah, would you mind walking Hanbyul to school today? I'm running late for work," My mother asked as she quickly finished placing the scrambled egg batch she was making from the pan onto a plate, "And can you please stop looking at yourself in the mirror? You also need to get to class too." She removed her apron, and walked from the kitchen to look at me.

I rolled my eyes while zipping up my jacket, and taking a glance at myself one more time before focusing my attention on my mom, "Mom, it's the first day of school. First impressions are everything."

"It's your junior year of college. Would it make that much of a difference?" She then looked at me while trying to put her coat on, "Just take Hanbyul to school. Is it that hard?"

My jaw dropped in shock. She clearly doesn't understand what I go through because of my face, "Mom, I never said wouldn't. People look at me like some kind of thug so I really do have to alter my appearance somehow-"

She scoffed as she picked up her purse, "Honey, we've had this conversation before. You are handsome just the way you are. So what if people look at you? They're probably looking at you because my boy is so handsome! I mean, just look at you!" She came closer to pinch my cheeks.

"That's right my brother is so handsome," Hanbyul walked in with her bowl of cereal. "Hanbin is handsome."

Mom put her hand on her head as if she was trying to focus, "Hanbyul, please finish that in the kitchen. I don't want you to make a mess here, okay, darling?"

"Okay," She starts walking back towards the kitchen.

"Oh and your brother is bringing you to school too!" Mom added while slipping into her shoes.

"Okay," A muffled noise could be heard from the kitchen, probably from finishing her cereal.

Then mom focused her attention on me again, "Look, Hanbin, you don't need to change yourself for the sake of others. You are fine the way you are, okay?"

I nodded me head, "Okay."

"Don't do that to your eyebrows. Loosen them up." She smiled, "Alright I need to get to work. Don't throw a party while I'm gone." She opened the door, "Bye kids!"

I chuckled while running my fingers through my eyebrows, "It's not like this apartment is big enough for a party anyway."

After locking the door after mom left, I walked towards the kitchen to find Hanbyul, "I finished my breakfast!" She exclaimed.

"Yah! What a good girl!" I patted her head, "Ready for school?"

She nodded in agreement while climbing down her chair, "Of course I am!"

I grabbed her backpack, along with mine, "Alright let's get going!"

 

 

 

"Hanbin Oppa, look, that old lady just crossed the street, but she's turning back to the street she came from," Hanbyul looked up at me. "I saw her looking at you too." Walking through the streets of my neighborhood has never really been an issue for me, even at night. People just always avoid me. I know it.

Everyone is born with a face. No matter what size, shape, or feature that your face has, those certain attributes characterize you—whether you like it or not.

Unfortunately, for me in particular, my face is something that people tend to genuinely misunderstand, and, of course, harshly judge. People misinterpret me all the time and just straight up ignore me. They think I'm some kind of badass, but that's far from my personality.

I'm known as the Boy with the Resting Face.

"She probably likes that part of the sidewalk better," I reasoned, "It's like how I like this sidewalk better."

She nodded her head, "Oh I see." I honestly know that she's smart for her age at a mere 5 years old, but I have a good feeling she's only saying that so I don't feel hurt or anything, just like how everyone would believe in Santa Claus, and maybe even the Tooth Fairy once they reach that point in age.

Seeing the very familiar trees, school building, and even the same destruction of property here gave me a feeling of nostalgia, "I remember coming here when I was your age, Hanbyul-"

"Bye, Hanbin!" She ran from me and towards her school building.

"Um, I wasn't done talking, Hanbyul?" I scratched my head, "Every time I drop her off at school she always does this."

"Stay away from people like that, they're dangerous," I hear from behind me. A mother and her child were looking at me.

I rolled my eyes. Of course, people are always going so say things like that about me. Why am I even surprised?

 

 

 

"Yo Hanbin! I'm so glad we're in the same composing class together!" A familiar voice greeted me. It was my best and childhood friend, Kim Jiwon, but he likes to go by Bobby. The great qualities of Bobby are qualities that I just don't have. This is why we are such great friends.

I turned around to see my buddy walking towards me, "What's good, Bobby?"

Bobby plopped onto the seat right next to mine, "I'm good now that I know we're in the same class." He smiled so brightly that I could barely see his eyes anymore, "I thought you weren't going to take this lecture because you were going to take another class during this time?"

We've sent our schedules to each other throughout the summer, but I've constantly been rearranging mine, "That was last minute. I didn't even realize that I was able to take this until last night. I was still trying to rearrange my schedule until I realized that-"

"Okay, who farted?" A female voice who sat in front of us spoke out. She turned around to direct her attention onto both Bobby and I. From the looks of it, she didn't seem to have a very strong face like I did, but in fact, the exact opposite. She had the looks of someone who would be very docile, but also mature. "Did you two fart?" She rose one eyebrow in suspicion.

I take that back, there was nothing docile that came  out of .

"Whoever smelt it, dealt it," Bobby jokingly answered while shrugging his shoulders.

She then directed her attention onto me, "I didn't do it!" I quickly rose my arms up in defense

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter