Chapter 2

Our Time to Love

Yoongi shoved some of the books with homework in his backpack, watching with disinterested eyes as the students began filing out of the room with their group of friends. Flinging his bag on his back with some books in hand, he himself prepared to step out of the room, when he felt a rough pat on his shoulder.

“Aren’t you coming with us?” Hoseok, a close friend of his asked as his hand retracted from his shoulder and to his phone’s microphone, a few centimeters away from his face.

“I gotta get some homework done.” He replied, walking away from the brunet who shrugged his shoulders and went back to chatting loudly on his phone.

Yoongi walked down the deserted hallways, most of the students either resting their asses at home or being productive little asses and at the after school clubs.

His shoes squeaking obnoxiously against the over polished tiled floors; he could only sigh in slight relief at the sight of his locker... with an unfamiliar dwarfish person lurking in front of it.

Not really up for confrontation, Yoongi stayed where he was and watched with slight amusement as the red head paced around his locker, with obvious embarrassment as he nervously bit his nails alongside inaudible gibberish.

Although he would love to stay back and observe the other, deciding it was a waste of time, he headed straight for his locker. The younger had his back to him, but Yoongi managed to take a peek at his face. 

His bangs had been parted unevenly, his almond shaped eyes peeking out from between his red locks. Before Yoongi could finish his small observation, the boy abruptly turned around only to gasp in shock at the sight of him, eyes widening comically in shock.

Park Jimin

Yoongi managed to read before the boy began bouncing on his heels, whole body fidgeting. Wondering what the heck was wrong with the said red head, he was immediately struck with a meteorite of realization when he saw a bright shade of red bloom in front of him.

“U-um, isn’t this Kim Taehyung’s locker?”

Oh

Yoongi mentally winced as he was harshly shoved off his high horse by reality. Shaking his head, he pointed to the locker left to his and turned his head back to face his own. He still couldn’t help his curiosity, so glancing ever so discreetly to his side; he watched the red head slip in a small pale pink envelope through the small slit of the locker. Yoongi’s fingers on his lock momentarily froze, when his eyes met with Jimin’s. Quickly unlocking and opening the door, he stuffed his books into the cluttered space he called his locker, focusing on not trying to focus on the piercing gaze that seemed to judge his whole existence (Not that he actually gave a . It still was pressuring).

Slamming his locker shut, he faced the younger male who seemed to be melting under his attention for some reason. He let out a chuckle at the vibrant shade of red coloring his cheeks, as the boy seemed to be attempting at a conversation.

“U-uh, t-this is-“

“It’s fine by me if you’re gay for my best friend.” Yoongi said with a smirk, before continuing with a tiny muffled mutter. ”I would too, if he wasn’t so...” His lips tugged down to a frown when he found that he didn’t have any particular reasons for not being gay for his friend.

Before Jimin could respond to his words, he was cut off by a cutesy high-pitched feminine voice.

La la la la la la la la, ok!

Yoongi chuckled at boy’s mortified expression as he began feeling up his pants pockets with shaking hands, only to fumble when he finally got a hold of his phone. Jimin looked up warily at him for some reason, so Yoongi gestured for him to answer the call.

“Eun-“

“SO DID YOU DO IT?!”  Jimin flinched, instinctively pulling the device a good few meters away from his ear. Right when he thought it was a good idea to bring his phone back up, a shrill scream of frustration pierced through his ear painfully. “YOU DIDN’T DO IT DID YOU?”

Yoongi didn’t really care if the guy was a complete stranger or not but he patted the boy’s shoulders in sympathy (Being friends with Taehyung was like being friends with a cicada. It just doesn’t shut up when you want it to yet as time flies by, you feel weird when you don’t hear it. Well this turned out to be random. He wasn’t going to tell Taehyung that anytime soon though).

Waving his hand, he walked away from Jimin, plugging his ears as he drowned himself in a random playlist.

“Min Yoongi.” Jimin recited when the said senior was out of earshot, testing the name roll out of his tongue.

 

 

Yoongi punched in the numbers for the security lock, and hopped sleepily into his home with thoughts of collapsing onto the heaven that his bed is, filling his head. He immediately stopped midway in taking off his shoes when he heard familiar bellowing voices coming from upstairs (besides two pair of shoes that obviously isn’t his, neatly placed on the shoe rack).

Kicking off his shoes with a groan, he stomped his way up to his room, slamming his sinless door open. Exactly as he had expected, Taehyung laid sprawled on his bed with his precious bag of Doritos in hand, lazily grinning at the sight of him while Hoseok was too focused on Mario not dying as the plumber slid dangerously along icy cliffs, to mind him.

“What the ?”

“Ice cream’s in the fridge.” Taehyung said in a singsong voice, his orange fingers in a disgustingly lewd way.

“Why’re you guys here?” Yoongi tried again, ignoring Hoseok’s wailing at the red plumber’s death.

“I didn’t know which flavor you preferred so we bought all of them.” Taehyung turned to his side, wiping his two spit covered fingers on Hoseok’s shirt, who in turn, flipped a finger at him after violently jabbing his side.

“I need to study.” Yoongi stated, throwing his backpack on his paper filled desk, resulting in some of them gracefully fluttering down to the floor.

“No one’s stopping you.” Hoseok said before throwing his hand up in the air in exasperation when Mario didn’t jump and slid down to his death. “The game lagged!”

“Nah, you just hyung.” Taehyung laughed, shoving his empty bag of chips into the tiny trashcan next to the bed.

“Whatever.” Yoongi sighed, slumping down onto his chair, wiping the pile of papers to one side of his desk, causing the papers already occupying there to fall to their doom. “Just don’t bother me.”

“Oh yeah, I bet fifty bucks that Taehyung’s gonna get the D first.” Hoseok commentated, bringing Yoongi’s and Taehyung’s eyebrows to scrunch together in confusion, although for completely different reasons.

“What makes you so sure?” Yoongi asked, the brunet’s remark hitting right on his pride (but Hoseok doesn’t need to know that cause that also hurts his pride).

“Only fifty bucks? You’re such a cheapskate hyung.” Taehyung snorted, grabbing the controller from the other’s grasp.

“Nothing really, just the fact that Taetae’s cute and cute is what gets these days?” Hoseok claimed with a confused look when Taehyung sent the blond a smug grin. “And I’m not a cheapskate, you guys are just rich.”

“Taehyung’s rich, not me.” Yoongi pointed out, rolling his eyes at the grin still glued on the younger’s face. “And Hoseok’s words aren’t the absolute truth, that’s his opinion. Now wipe that smug look off your face before I smack it off.”

“Whatever you say.” Taehyung said, focusing solely on the game.

“On an entirely different note, am I the only one who’s going to be without a love life then?” Hoseok gasped, dramatically whipping his head at his friends, looking for any words of support.

“Yeah, you’ll always be the third wheel between any of us.” Yoongi replied, finally getting out his books to get started.

“Well, it won’t be much different.” Hoseok mumbled, eyes following the midget mushroom blabbering on about something that no one actually paid attention to.

“What do you mean hyung?” Taehyung asked, mindlessly repetitively pressing the same button, half done with Toad being the talkative little mush he was.

“You guys already treat me like a third wheel anyway. And before you come to me with your excuses let me remind you that you guys in' feed each other and wipe off each other’s faces with the most endearing look you can have for a living being. Heck, if I wasn’t your friend, I would think you guys are an item.” Hoseok ranted, slumping down to the floor, not caring if the soft thing he was using as a pillow was Yoongi’s used underwear.

The said duo ignored the brunet, both too busy thinking about what had been said about their close relationship.

 


 

“Min Yoongi, wake up!”

Yoongi rubbed his eyes, feeling the small crusty eye boogers (or whatever they were called) fall down and disappear somewhere in his pillow. Getting up, even when part of him screamed to get the back down and close his eyes till oblivion, he dragged himself to the bathroom across the hall.

Not really caring about being visually appealing to the world, he simply took care of his basic hygiene before stepping out back to his own room. Gathering his uniform, scattered throughout the room, he hastily slipped into them before heading down towards the kitchen.

“Mornin’ son.” His mother cheerfully chirped as she sat down, placing a pot with boiling kimchi jjigae onto a trivet. “What kept you up last night?”

Yoongi stared blankly at the bowl of steaming hot rice in front of him, not even caring about how his mother knew about his late night activities.

“Taehyung.”

Without even lifting his head, he could already see the smug look on his mother’s face. The steam from his rice moisturized his face, taking away most of the sleepiness he was feeling so he decided could spare a few minutes to solve any misunderstandings.

“On skype. He wouldn’t stop bugging me to stay up with him, so I did.”

“You could’ve just turned it off and ignored him. Just like you could go off without taking Taehyung to school.” His mother said in a nonchalant manner, shrugging her shoulders before grinning naughtily. “You’re too whipped, that you don’t even notice it.”

Yoongi was left with his mouth slightly agape, the accusations still being processed in his mind.

“You know I’d actually fully give you my support if it was Taehyung. I mean, he’s cute and all. What more could you ask for from a son-in-law?”

When Yoongi finally snapped out of his daze, he rolled his eyes, earning him a smack on the forehead.

“That’s a bad habit. Stop doing that.”

“Well stop saying stuff that makes me roll my eyes.” He scoffed, focusing on the quickest way of getting all the food on his plate down his throat without choking. Gobbling was the way, he decided.

“Speaking of stuff that makes you roll your eyes, Mr. Oh confessed to me yesterday.”

“Mr. Oh? The one who you said was a di-“ Yoongi’s final spoon of rice stopped seconds away from his mouth, gears rapidly turning at the way his mother visibly stiffened in alert, excitement obvious in her growing smile. “gimon.”

“A digimon. Really?” His mother put down her spoon next to her empty rice bowl, rubbing her stomach in satisfaction. “But yes, the digimon.”

“So, did you accept it?” Yoongi tried to mask the tremble in his voice with indifference, but judging by the way his mother beamed at him reassuringly, he had failed.

“I deserve much better, excuse you.” His mother picked up their empty plates, momentarily glancing at her wrist watch. “Don’t you have to get going now? Its six fifty right now.”

“Meh, Taehyung takes about five more minutes. I have time.” Yoongi replied, helping his mother wrap up the leftover side dishes.

“You know I’m serious about Taehyung being my son-in-law right?”

“He being cute does not suffice as a reason.” He stated as a matter-a-factly, abandoning his half assed wrapping and already out the kitchen. “Bye, mom!”

“If only you could see your smile when you’re with him.” Ms. Min said with a chuckle when she heard the front door close with its auto lock.

 

 

Taehyung stared with pure disgust at the treacherous slabs of white solid blobs filling his bowl. Balancing his tray dangerously on one hand, a bottle of orange juice in the other, he headed towards the back of the cafeteria.

Although they were pretty popular amongst the girls, his friends didn’t like to shower in the attention they received for reasons such as: their blood secretly screamed out rainbows and they wanted to keep it like that.

Ignoring how Hoseok was patting the seat near the left end of the bench, Taehyung pushed Hoseok towards the seat instead as the lilac haired boy occupied the middle seat instead. Looking to his right, he found Yoongi staring pensively at him. Use to the blonde’s silence, Taehyung simply grinned before focusing back to his dreaded meal.

Poking at it with his spoon, he watched the metal utensil sink in the glob with a disgusting noise. Confused, he looked up and let out a grunt out of annoyance when he was met by the sight of his two older friends eating each other’s faces. Discreetly looking around him, he sighed in relief when he found no one was looking at their direction.

“Hyung,” Taehyung whined, sliding his tray away from him as his body slumped down in its place with a thump. “Can’t both of you quench your thirst with water for now? We don’t want to see it.”

“Exactly, you guys have no shame.” Yoongi said, head resting on his palm.

“Yeah, no need to rub the well-known perk of having a boyfriend in our faces.” Hoseok chirped in agreement, shoving Taehyung’s tray to its rightful owner.

“Oh stop whining. I’m pretty sure when you guys get a boyfriend, you guys won’t be able to get your hands off of them like the thirsty s ya’ll are.” Namjoon managed to say with his boyfriend’s tongue still exploring his mouth, hissing when his lips were harshly bitten.

“Language.” Seokjin simply said; tongue finally in its own cave. “Not that that’ll ever happen since you guys always make dumb shallow bets.”

Yoongi looked pointedly at Hoseok, who in turn looked offended at the accusing attention he was receiving. “Tell the whole world, won’t you?”

“I only told these two!”

“Either way, I bet on Yoongi.” Namjoon stated, earning him a smirk and a tight squeeze where he had his fingers interlaced with his boyfriend. “What?”

“Stop encouraging them.” Seokjin hissed, using his free hand to slap Taehyung’s hand that started making horrendous noises with the ground soybean stew.

“They’re going to continue to do it anyways so why don’t I earn some pocket money while I’m at it?”

Seokjin bit his lips as he looked at the duo in question, observing the both of them who were completely hung onto his next words. It only took a few seconds before he came to the same conclusion as Hoseok.

“Taehyung, if I had to choose.”

“What? You too? Lemme guess, because he’s cute?” Yoongi complained, eyes looking over to where Taehyung was in an attempt to find what the others found so charming in him. The person in question looked satisfied with the mentioning of his name and refocused on his tray, stuffing his mouth with everything except the stew, cheeks cutely puffing up with the amount. Yeah, sure Taehyung was cute and all that jazz, but that was it. He didn’t get what the hype was about.

“Not really? He just seems like a manipulative bastard who uses his cute and innocent appearance to reel in the milkshakes.”

Silence fell upon the table as the four older boys stared at the lilac haired boy, who eyed all of them warily before the information sunk in, making him stand up dramatically with a gasp.

“I am not staying with people who think of me in such a way.”

Swaying his as he ran out the cafeteria door, he left the four in his dust.

“He ditched us with the stew.” Hoseok commented, standing up slowly before running out of the cafeteria himself.

The rest of them stared dumbly at the tray, Namjoon and Seokjin holding hands and ready to flee.

“I ain’t giving that back to the lunch ladies. You know the rules. I am not going to scrape off gum below desks because of that brat. Your boyfriend, your responsibility.” Seokjin said before running off with Namjoon to some secluded place for the continuation of their interuppted steamy meal..

“He’s not my boyfriend!” Yoongi huffed to no one, left alone to his misery.

 

 

Taehyung giggled as he skipped around the school’s medium sized track, heading towards the tree area, he randomly greeting his hoobaes and sunbaes. Breathing in the fresh windy breeze, he moaned in delight when he caught a whiff of a sugary chocolate scent in the air which probably came from the bakery from across the street.

As he mentally planned his visit to the heaven like store after school, he squeaked in surprise when he suddenly found himself tripping on what seemed like a root growing out from the ground. Not wanting to dirty himself, he grabbed the nearest tree trunk and used the grip on the tree to fling himself onto it, giving it a big bear hug.

He found his right cheek to be stinging and his Tae jr. sort of numb, but he figured it was better than ruined makeup and dirt stained clothing. Moving himself away from the tree with some stumbling, he frowned when he felt his pair of jewels sag down. Frowning, he once again approached the tree and tilted his head in pure confusion when he felt something elevate his third leg a bit higher.

“I’d appreciate it if you’d stop rubbing your on my head.”

Taehyung teared himself from where he was, gripping his chest area where his heart nearly jumped out of. In front of him sat a raven headed boy, dark chocolate eyes peeking out from above his phone, half judging him and half reluctant(?). Temporarily losing himself in the other’s gaze, his eyes widened a fraction at what was reflected in them.

“Is that Haikyu?” Taehyung exclaimed, crouching next to the raven head in no time.

The freshman’s (he deduced) reaction was instant, screen flickering to pitch black.

“No, you saw wrong.”

“No I didn’t!” Taehyung insisted, not noticing the cold sweat forming on the younger’s forehead. “That was definitely Kuro with his bed hair. Are you following the manga?”

“N-yeah?” Was the raven head’s response, doe eyes looking at him with pure confusion. 

“So do you know what’s happening? I sort of stopped reading it for a week, but that turned to a month and I’m too lazy to catch up on it myself.” Taehyung blabbered on, not noticing the mix of excitement and reluctance on the younger’s face. “Hey, turn your phone back on! I wanna see something.”

The freshman visibly stiffened, but unlocked his phone anyway. Grubbing at the younger’s phone, Taehyung leaned back so the boy wouldn’t be able to see what he was doing. He felt a bit sorry at the very obvious dilemma the younger was having but he just needed a minute.

Smoothly extending his hand out, he gave the younger his phone with the screen showing his contact.

“Taetae?” The raven head read stoically.

“Yeap! My uncle sometimes brings back souvenirs from his trips from Japan. I can ask him to bring you something you want and I just wanted someone to talk to. Most of the in this school don’t know how to appreciate anime.” Taehyung said getting up, stretching out his legs when he felt the consequences of crouching down for a long period of time shoot up his leg. “Text me or something whenever you like cause I’m always free!” 

“Whelp,” Taehyung glanced at the other’s chest area. “Jungkookie. I have to go now since I’m on duty but see you again!”

Taehyung waved cheerfully at the younger, smiling at the hint of worry reflecting in the raven head’s eyes at the sight of him limping.

Jung Jungkook, huh? I swear I heard his name before.

 

---

A/N: So i'm going to write most of the ships in at a reeeeally slow pace (cause I at writing people developing feelings)

If a lot of you guys ask to quicken the pace, i'll try to quicken it up a bit tho. 

Btw, can you guys tell me if the flow of the story is really abrupt or not? 

I feel as if the scenes are really cut up and stuff but i'm not sure.