Chapter 1

Our Time to Love

When Taehyung wakes up, it’s usually next to an empty box of Kleenex and the sticky feeling coming from the dry yet somewhat moist fabric of his shorts. He half-heartedly throws the box into a corner in which it mixes in with an ever growing pile that fills and takes up one part of his grand room.

“Gotta throw that out today.” He reminds himself again, forgetting to do it the day before, and the day before that (and so on).

Looking up into the large mirror lying horizontally, directly in front of his bed, he feels the tips of his lips tug heavily down into a frown. His hands found themselves cupping his cheeks, as his fingers followed his jaw line.

God, why am I so damn fine?

Dragging himself away from his warm fort against the cold breeze, he stared solemnly at his spacious room that did a perfect job of emphasizing his loneliness. Glancing one last time at the pile of his only night company, he quickly grabbed his uniform before stepping into the shower to wash away any sticky memories from last night.

Taehyung moaned in satisfaction at the feeling of steaming hot water pelting on his skin, thawing off any cold from his body, besides washing away the foam from his soap. He knew he had to hurry things up when the steam from the water seemed to swim thickly in the air, the navy blue and white tiles on the walls already seeming to let out buckets of their sweat from the heat. 

Towel wrapped around his waist, he pushed open a small pair of windows just below the shower head for ventilation. Not bothering to put something on, he waddled over to his makeshift makeup vanity that was basically a dark brown study desk and the before mentioned large mirror.

Dding!

Even fully knowing the contents and the sender of the message, Taehyung cursed at his urge to read it. He ended up losing the fight (not that he really put up much of one).

25 minutes 6:34

Ur gonna be late and I ain’t waiting 6:36

Ur still snoozin’ ur aren’t u? 6:40

Don’t tell me u srsly still got ur in bed? 6:51

           6:51 Can you chill?

 6:51 I was in the shower

6:51 I’m putting on BB rn

u 6:52

 6:52 ;)

Taehyung put down his phone and continued applying products on his face with complete leisure, not really caring if the other was annoyed or not. Even with his sloth like pace, with his nimble fingers it took a little less than five minutes for his face to be ready enough for the outside world.

His dark circles from his productive activities last night covered up neatly with makeup. Check. His purposely messily arranged lilac hair. Check. The pimple right in the middle of his cheek that seems to never want to disappear. Dammit.

Slipping in his uniform, he gathered whatever he deemed necessary and dumped it all into his school bag. Galloping out of the room and through the hallway, he trudged down the stairs towards the kitchen. Twirling the plastic bag with a loaf of bread inside, he grabbed and dropped a slice of bread into the toaster. 

It didn’t take long before the lone toast loudly popped up. Pinching the burning hot toast into his mouth, he rushed towards the doorstep as he stepped into the pair of shoes he had prepared the night before and skipped out the door.

Hearing the door automatically lock behind him, he lightly jumped across all the stone tiles scattered as a pathway in the garden while his eyes busily searched for a certain someone. He didn’t bother hiding the grin that stretched his lips at the sight of a familiar mop of blond locks who waited ‘patiently’ seated on top of his bicycle.

 “Are you gonna try out for kabuki or something? Why the do you need to cake your face with that much makeup?” Yoongi said, skeptically doing a once over at the sight of his lilac haired neighbor. “There’s not much of a difference anyways.”

“I’ll take that as your twisted way of complimenting me.” He replied, rolling his eyes at his friend’s unkempt bed hair along with his plainly obvious wrinkled white dress shirt that had probably been previously stuffed into a drawer.

Yoongi heaved his leg over the bike, onto the other pedal, making himself comfortable on the hard leather seat before tapping the luggage rack behind him that served as a second seat. “Hop on.”

“I read in a manga that this is illegal.” Taehyung commented as he plopped down onto the metal seat, both of his legs hanging on one side of the bike with just his torso twisted to the front.

“Get off and walk to school then.” Yoongi retorted playfully, even though he had already begun pedaling.

Taehyung replied by using his fingers to imitate a spider’s legs as he slowly wrapped his arms around the other’s slightly pudgy stomach. Stuffing his face into the somewhat comforting smell of a mixture of lemon and honey, he rubs his nose against the clothed back of the older.  “No.”

The body in front of him serving as a shield against the harsh constant breeze and as a personal heater, Taehyung’s grip around the older tightened, a smile creeping up his face.

“Hold on tight.” Yoongi muttered, body tensing and leaning forward as they neared the infamous steep slope.

Taehyung giggled in response, his lips in anticipation as he peeked over the other’s shoulder. He immediately yelled in delight when they picked up speed, wind hitting harshly against their faces, as the people passing by became one with the blurred scenery. The sharp and cold slaps prickled his cheeks and yet he felt a giggle bubbling up his throat, his heart thumping excitedly in the thrill of being alive. He still couldn’t help the small shiver that forcibly took over his body so he decided to be reasonable and warm up his body by screaming out with joy.

“Don’t in’ yell in my ear you !” Yoongi complained, rubbing his right ear when they finally skidded to a stop in front of their school gate. He crouched down in front of his bike with the lock, ear still ringing, eyeing distastefully at the sight of his neighbor laughing childishly at a dog swimming in its own feces just outside the school’s walls.

Shaking his head at the obvious delight seen in the lilac haired boy’s face, Yoongi walked straight by him, beginning to accelerate his pace when he heard strings of complaints from behind. Half running through the still crowded school hallways, he felt excitement pulse through his body as a laugh bubbled up his throat.

Yoongi only finally stopped running to catch his breath when he reached his locker. Leisurely grabbing his books by memory, he frowned in distaste when a mop of lilac almost collided head first with the locker next to him, panting and sweating like a pig.

“That doesn’t count! I was waiting for you!”

“Yeah, yeah, lunch is on you.” He closed his locker, paying no heed to the other as he walked away to his class.

“Lunch is always on me.” Taehyung whined, quickly grabbing his books when he noticed the crowd of students beginning to disperse into their respective classrooms. He cursed at the sight of his homeroom teacher marching towards their classroom from the other end of the corridor. Immediately slamming his locker shut, he hastily slid into the classroom earning him a faint ‘I saw that’ and a few amused looks from his fellow classmates.

“About twelve seconds. You almost beat your record!” He heard his close friend, Junhong exclaim, going as far as shoving the phone in his face.

Pushing the phone out of his way, he trudged to his seat, slumping down on his desk. His eyes peeking out from his crossed arms, he absentmindedly watched his friend pout at his boring response.

“s are sags of fat.”

Junhong rolled his eyes, taking the seat in front of him with a sigh, not even bothering to look back. “No comment.”

“Have I already introduced you to my pet?” Taehyung asked with a giggle as he lifted his head up from his makeshift pillow, preparing to lift up his shirt’s sleeve.

“Yes Taetae, you already in’ did. Is this seriously going to be our morning ritual?” Junhong roughly rubbed his face as he let out an exasperated groan, head dropping heavily to the desk. He ended up lifting his head up a few seconds later at the sound of their teacher’s footsteps.

Taehyung watched with his head resting on his palm, some of the girls in his class flocking away from their boyfriends as they made kissy faces. Feeling the tip of his lips drooping, he forcibly tugged it back upwards, shaking his head as he decided to focus on his teacher.

Damn couples and their talent of making people feel lonely.

 


 

Taehyung mentally cheered on the short and stubby red needle to reach its destination faster, one of his legs already peeking out from under the desk.

Three, two and…

He shot up from his seat and ran straight for the door, shoving people out of his way. Caring less about the profanities being thrown at him, he swiftly zigzagged around the wave of other hungry male students.

This time for sure I’m going to be first-

Taehyung groaned at the sight of sweaty teenagers crowding around the tiny food stall. Taking a deep breath, he charged in with brutal force whilst ignoring the glares being sent his way. Using his knowledge from his wonderful anime, he managed to ghost his way till he reached the stall’s ajumma.

“Ajumma, a corn cream filled bread please!” He yelled out whilst shoving his elbow into someone’s ribs without any mercy so he could have some space.

“Sorry honey, sold out.” The lady responded almost yelling, resulting in a wave of groans of disapproval.

“Then two curry breads will do.” He quickly stretched out his hand holding the exact price when he felt himself gradually being pulled away from the stall. He let his potty mouth loose when an arm came flying at his face, whacking his eyes. Instinctively shutting his eyes, he grubbed at whatever was given to him and pushed himself to the side of the crowd until he stopped smelling the horrid mixture of deodorant and sweat.

Dragging himself down the stairs and out the school, he headed towards the unpopular (thanks to the ants that had no shame in raiding other people’s food and sometimes clothes) but nicely shaded area.

Taehyung chucked a curry bread at a sleeping blonde who had his limbs all sprawled out, not giving two s about whatever may lurk into his pants. Not fazed by the finger flown to him, he collapsed next to his friend, against the maple tree that had begun shedding its leaves.

“I liked your pink? Salmon? Whatever you call it hair color better.” Taehyung remarked before taking a bite of his lunch.

“Rubber band pink.” Yoongi corrected, bread lying untouched on top of his stomach. Lifting his arm, he twirled some of the sitting lilac head’s locks between his fingers pensively. “I liked your blonde hair better.”

“The girls said I looked like Kaneki.” Taehyung replied, swatting away his hand when he started poking at the tiny but very obvious red hump on his cheek.

“Why’d you change it then?”

“This makes me look cute.” Taehyung said with a quick flirtatious wink, earning him a scoff.

“Cute doesn’t necessarily get you .” Yoongi muttered, fingers playing around with the sticky part of the plastic wrap absentmindedly.

“It gets me more than you’ll ever get.” He retorted, although that was a complete bull because he had never laid his hands on any of the said goodies before (though that’s no one’s business).

“Sure Jan.” Yoongi said with the most convinced voice he could muster, looking at the other with knowing eyes.

“I bet two hundred dollars that I’m going to be the first one to get .” Taehyung declared standing up, dismissing the blonde’s words as he was already used to the older trying to fit in tumblr memes (or whatever) in everyday situations.

“You’re on.” 

 

---

A/N: Yeap... Yoonmin and Taekook in the next chap.

Excuse my poor excuse of a writing btw.