Part Five

Macaroons

Author's note: HI GUYS!!! I'm sorry I took so long to post this chapter but I've been having quite a bit of writer's block lately (T-T) But anyway here it is enjoy!

XxX

Park Jimin was seated on the hardwood floor of one of the dance rooms her bangs pinned back away from her face by an adorable heart shaped hair pin. Her manager had picked her up a bit earlier than usual that morning and so she'd had no time to do anything other than get dressed. Luckily though she'd remembered to grab her makeup bag before running to the van and had been able to get her concealer and bb cream done on the ride over to the company. That still left her eye makeup and lipstick though and so she sat with a small mirror and liquid eyeliner pen in hand as she waited for the boys of Got7 to start trickling in.

 

She'd been doing this(attending their practices) for the past several days after she'd promised Jackson she'd stop avoiding him. At first she'd thought he might find it annoying seeing her so much but after the third day had passed and his smile had only brightened Jimin thought it was a safe bet he wanted her there. She finished drawing her eyeliner and pulled out her favorite eyeshadow palette and began to blend colors on her lids with the ease of a professional. She quickly finished that and applied some mascara, followed by her favorite burgundy lipstick. The girl walked over to the giant mirror that served as the opposite wall and unpinned her bangs, straightening them out a bit and running her fingers through her long dark hair. Satisfied with her appearance she turned around only to find that all of Got7 had already slipped into the room, she blushed, embarrassed that even while looking into a giant mirror she'd managed to miss them.

 

Hey guys...” She began awkwardly. A few of the members burst out laughing and Jimin's blush deepened. “Shut up.” She grumbled and grabbed her bag from the floor walking over to a small bench on the side where she usually sat and watched them. “Shouldn't you guys start practicing now instead of laughing at me?”

 

Still grinning Jb came over and sat next to her. He opened the bag he carried and emptied it's contents onto the floor. There must have been at least a few dozen different snacks there. The rest of the boys sat down and started looking through them all and picking out the ones they wanted.

 

We'll start practice after we eat, Jimin-ah.” Junior said ripping open a bag of powdered donuts. The boy grinned as he noticed how the girl's eyes followed his hand as he pulled a doughnut out from the box.

 

Have you eaten yet Jiminie?”

 

The girl shook her head.

 

Would you like a doughnut?”

 

For a moment Jimin looked to be in actual pain before she tore her eyes away and let out a sigh.

 

No, you know I'm on a diet oppa.”

 

Junior chuckled and reached into his own bag. “I know I know” He said and pulled out a bag of dried banana and apple slices.

 

I know it's not exactly the same but these are yummy too Jiminie.”

 

Jimin smiled at her oppa's thoughtfulness and took them gratefully. Soon the room was filled with comfortable conversation and the faint sound of eating.

 

So,” Jackson said after a moment. “What are you doing today Jimin?”

 

The girl tensed a bit and it didn't go unnoticed by the boy. He wondered if it was because she still felt awkward around him or for some other reason.

 

Um...nothing much just a concept meeting for my comeback and some dance practice...and also ASC.”

 

Jackson lifted a brow at her slight pause before saying ASC.

 

Oh After School Club! Who's this week's guest?”

 

Jimin met his eyes briefly before looking away and mumbling “BTS...”

 

Suddenly the atmosphere in the room turned a bit chilly and Jimin turned back to face Got7 only to find them all watching her rather disapprovingly. Obviously they had all been told about the “incident” a few days prior. She glared at Jackson and Junior both of who merely shrugged.

 

Nothing happened! Junior-oppa didn't you say you believed me?”

 

Junior got to his feet and touched Jimin's shoulder gently.

 

I said I believe you Jimin and I do. But have you ever considered that perhaps Jungkook-sshi might have feelings for you beyond those of friendship?”

 

Jimin stared up at her oppa feeling rather thrown. Of course she'd never considered such a thing. She wasn't the type of girl boys fell for. She wasn't y or flirtatious; and though she'd lost a considerable amount of weight in the last several months and people had mentioned she'd become more beautiful she was still far from being lady like. She made immature jokes and did stupid impressions of comedians and danced like a crazy person at any given opportunity; and while guys might find that to be great qualities to have in a friend they were not so desirable in a girlfriend. Even Jackson who was practically the male version of her didn't find those traits attractive.

 

No. oppa I've never considered it because it's impossible.” She stood up then and without looking at any of them stormed out of the room.

 

XxX

 

Jungkook took a deep breath and tried his best to relax as ASC's staff did their usual rundown of the show. This was their seventh appearance and so as far as schedules went this was probably one of the most comfortable ones, and yet it had been a very long time since Jungkook had felt so anxious. They were seated already in the bright red chairs reserved for the guests. One of the writer noonas had given them a phone to play around with the V app but he was doing his best to stay out of the shot. He had too much on his mind.

 

It's not that Jungkook had never liked anyone before, he was twenty already and had had crushes on a few girls; but this was different. With those other girls there had at least been hope but Jimin liked someone else. She really cared for Jackson and was heart broken because he didn't like her back. He refused to be that guy that swooped in and confessed to a girl while she was vulnerable.

 

He felt his face fall into a frown and quickly pinched his cheeks rather hard. No matter how he felt it would be unwise to allow anyone to notice his mood. Idols were meant to always be bright afterall.

 

Oh would you look at that! Here come our favorite mcs!”

 

Jungkook jumped startled out of his thoughts by Taehyung yelling into the camera.

 

Eric and Kevin were making their way towards them the latter of the two holding out a hand to Jimin who was walking cautiously on a dangerously high pair of stilettos. The girl took his hand gratefully and smiled a bit as the older boy lightly scolded her. Jungkook did his best to control his expression. He was rather frustrated. Why was it that everyone around him seemed to be close to Jimin? And why were most of those people handsome males?

 

The boy felt a sharp pinch at his side and turned to find Jin watching him with something like sympathy.

 

You really like her, huh?”

 

The younger boy felt rather embarrassed but decided there was not point in denying it and nodded.

 

Well have you thought of how you might catch her attention?”

 

Jungkook shook his head. “No way hyung. She still likes Jackson I don't want to swoop in while she's down. It just doesn't seem right.”

 

Jin smiled a bit proudly and pinched the other boy's cheek.

 

How noble of you. But have you thought that if you showed her a manlier side to yourself she might fall for you on her own?”

 

What do you mean?”

 

Jin leaned in a bit closer.

 

Well all this time you've been trying to appeal to her as a friend right? So she's probably only thought of you in that way but if you try approaching her like a man approaches the woman he likes I'm sure she'll take notice.”

 

Jungkook looked over at Jimin who sat chatting happily with Kevin and decided it couldn't hurt to try. Squaring his shoulders and squeezing Jin's hand in appreciation he made his way over to her. He could hear his hyung cheering quietly for him as he walked away.

 

Come on Jungkookie show her why even your noona fans call you oppa!”

 

XxX

 

Jimin was dressed nicely today, Jungkook couldn't help but notice as he drew closer. She wore a knitted green sweater, black shorts, and black heels. The dark colors really made her pretty pearly skin stand out and her red lips pop. The boy sighed inwardly at how creepy he was being and smiled brightly when Jimin looked up at him.

 

Oh Jungkook-ah! It's been a little while...how are you doing?”

 

I'm fine.” He answered and tried not to wince at the awkward undertone in her voice. “Have you eaten yet?”

 

She nodded. “Junior-oppa gave me some dried fruit earlier.”

 

Jungkook frowned. Was that all she'd had?

 

Did that fill you up?”

 

The girl blushed slightly and Jungkook took that as a no. He pulled her up by the hand and gestured towards the refreshments table on the other side of the studio.

 

Come on let's go eat something. I think they have cake over there...”

 

Without waiting for her answer he pulled her over to the table. As he'd mentioned there was a rather impressive spread of pastries, as well as fresh fruit, juice, and coffee. Jungkook turned to ask Jimin what she'd like and noticed she was pouting.

 

What's wrong?” He asked.

 

The girl shook her head. “Nothing.” She responded. “It's just that I'm on a diet so I can't have any of those.”

 

Jungkook frowned as he recalled all the food they'd shared in the past several weeks. They weren't exactly considered healthy. His expression must have betrayed his thoughts because Jimin punched him playfully on the shoulder.

 

You made those for me I was really touched how could I refuse?”

 

He smiled and pointed to the plate of chilled watermelon and pineapple.

 

Have some of this then.”

 

Jimin nodded and picked up a slice of fruit to nibble on.

 

So...” Jungkook began awkwardly. “How have you been?”

 

The girl smiled at him. It was obvious to her what he really wanted to know.

 

Don't worry Jungkook. Jackson and Junior-oppa aren't mad anymore.”

 

The boy raised an eyebrow as he remembered the incredibly uncomfortable ride home and the stiff scary smile on Junior's face when he bid him goodnight.

Jimin winced.

 

Okay...they're still a little miffed but for the most part I think they've gotten over it. They weren't happy when I told them BTS was this week's guest though...they started saying some impossible things and I got a little angry with them.”

 

Really?” Jungkook asked curiously “ What did they say?”

 

Jimin shook her head embarrassed. “It's nothing...it's just that they always seem to think that because most of my friends are guys that at least one of them has to have different intentions. I've tried to tell them though that none of my friends see me that way. Even though I'm a girl I'm not a real girl, the kind of girl they could date.”

 

Jungkook frowned deeply, he wanted to correct her very badly. She seemed to truly believe what she was saying and the sadness in her eyes was almost too much for him to handle. He needed her to know that that wasn't true. Unfortunately the pd chose that exact moment to instruct everyone to take their places. Jimin began walking towards the set where Eric and Kevin stood waiting for her. The boy grabbed her by the wrist. If he didn't say what he was thinking now he had a feeling he would never find the courage to say it again.

 

Jimin-ah you're definitely a girl." Jungkook could feel his face turning red but he continued needing to be clear. "A real girl. To me. You're the only girl I see.”

 

Jimin's eyes widened and formed a perfect little 'o'. Jungkook would have found it comical had it not been for the fact that his heart was slamming against his ribcage and he wanted nothing more than to dig a hole and hide there for the rest of his life. Jin had advised him to be manlier not to confess on impulse. Hadn't he said that he didn't want to be one of those guys that preyed on vulnerable girls? He was so stupid.

Jimin's mouth was trembling a bit as though she were attempting to form words. The boy really wanted to hear what she had to say but Kevin running over and taking the girl by the hand brought them both back to reality.

 

What are you doing Jaime? The show's about to start!” He dragged a dazed Jimin to the set and Jungkook sank down to the ground completely embarrassed.

XxX

So there you go guys I hoped you enjoyed it lol I bet you weren't expecting Jungkook to confess so soon right? Neither was I lol It just kind of happened. Idk if you guys have heard her say it before but Jimin has said that boys don't really see her as a girl and that's something that's always kind of bothered me because she seems a little sad when she says it. And I've always wanted to tell her that she is a real girl a very pretty fun and bright girl that any guy would be lucky to have lol and I guess I'm using Jungkook to say it in my place hahahaha So anyway Next Chapter: Jimin spends most of ASC trying to act like nothing's wrong and avoiding Jungkook though the universe doesn't seem too keen on letting her do that, she has a talk with Jb(not Junior) oddly enough, and Junior seeks out Jungkook.