PART THREE

Wake up Ri
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

3

 

Jiyong was slouching on sofa while reading one of his favorite novels. He was bored as it was a weekend and he had to spend alone. Seungri was called by Daesung for an outdoor shoot at some fish market and said weekend was the perfect timing to get great picture of fish market. Being so passionate about his job, Seungri didn’t reject rather he happily joined his mentor. Seeing Seungri so determined and passionate made Jiyong happy. It has been around two months since Seungri joined and now it seems like Daesung has made his partner as he always ask Seungri to tag along wherever he go. It was good for Seungri as he get to learn more and good for his future course.

As for Jiyong, his life was same. He wanted to contribute some article in the magazine but his articles always get rejected by his department boss aka Choi Seunghyun. He didn’t understand where he was making mistake and his boss was also not making clear intimation where he was lacking. He tried to write as good as possible but as always it directly went into the dustbin. But he was persistent. He was sure his article will get published one day.

Jiyong was lazily reading his novel, when his door was knocked. His mood lightened by thinking Seungri was back from his photo shoot. He kept his novel on the side table and rushed to open the door. Once he opened the door, his smile disappeared and was confused to see a lady of his mother age standing at his door. He didn’t know who was she but he politely smiled at her.

“May I help you mam?” Jiyong asked her politely.

“Mmmm… Actually I’m Seungri’s mother.” The lady said with little awkwardness.

“ohh… mam, but he is not at home. He went for an outdoor shoot.” He said

“I know, that’s why I came here.” She said with a faint smile

“I didn’t understand…” he was confused by her answer.

“He wouldn’t like to see me and that’s why I came here when he was not around. I especially asked Jinwoo to inform me the perfect timing to visit here as ever since I knew where he was staying, I wanted come here to see where he was staying.” She said. Jiyong didn’t know what to say further.

“Can I look around?” she asked

“Ohh sure... I’m so sorry. I forgot to invite you inside.” He was so caught up in the situation that he forgot that they were at his doorstep all the time.

“Would you like something to drink?” he asked. He wanted to make her feel good as she was not some random women. She was Seungri’s mother and she look like she was longing for her son.

“No… it’s ok.” She said.

She was looking around his small apartment. Her eyes fell onto the bed and then to the couch. Jiyong didn’t know what she was thinking as she was not making any comment neither she was asking any question. He kept quite watching her each moment nervously.

She finally turned around and smiled at him. “You have a beautiful home Jiyong.” She said. He didn’t know that she knew his name.

“Thank you.” that’s all he could say.

She opened her bag and took out an envelope and handed it to Jiyong. He didn’t know what it was but the thing contained in that envelope was enough to tell what it could be inside.

“This is for the expenses you bear in regard of my son. I’m very grateful to you.” she said

“I’m so sorry Mrs. Lee but I can’t take it. Please have it back.” He said and gave her back the envelope. He didn’t need money. But he could understand the feeling of a mother. Every mother wants her child to get everything. So he was not offended by her deed.

“Ok. I can’t force you Jiyong but I have something else.” She said with a smile making Jiyong confuse. She called Jinwoo and a boy came inside with a two box.

“This is strawberry. I especially ordered from countryside as these days it’s difficult to find organic. Seungri love strawberry. Have it please. If you need anything, feel free to call anytime. And please don’t tell Seungri that I send this strawberry. He will not eat it.” She said and hand those two boxes of strawberry to Jiyong.

“Ok then I will get going. Thank you Jiyong for taking care of my son.” She said

“Mrs. Lee… please, do not misunderstand. We are just friend.” Jiyong said. He didn’t want Seungri’s mother to think something else. She didn’t say anything. She just smiled at him and left the apartment.

Jiyong stand there for few minutes with two boxes in his hand and looking at the door. It was something he never expected.

  ***********************************************************************

It was in the middle of day when Jiyong got a message and it was from none other than Seungri. It has already been few days since Seungri’s mother visit his apartment. He didn’t say anything to Seungri regarding this but he fed him those strawberries to his full content. Seungri was indeed happy to eat his favorite fruit and it took only one day to finish both the boxes, of course Jiyong ate few but it was Seungri who ate the most.

“Let’s have a dinner outside tonight. I have something to tell you.” Seungri sent him a message.

Jiyong didn’t know what he was going to tell him but he was excited by thinking to eat outside with Seungri. It’s not like they never ate outside. They did few times but these days Seungri has always been busy so they didn’t get time to hangout. Jiyong was all happy about the coming night that he forgot about the proposal his boss made this morning.

Choi Seunghyun asked him to go to exhibition with him after work and Jiyong couldn’t say no because his boss had already handed him the ticket which clearly saying he was not taking no for an answer. He sighed, he can’t reject his boss and also he doesn’t want to reject Seungri but at the end he had to make choice.

“I’m going out with my boss to some exhibition tonight and will probably have dinner with him. We will go tomorrow.” he sent message to Seungri.

“It’s ok. Have fun.” Seungri replied him. Jiyong felt weird to read such a short reply. Seungri always sent him at least a proper sentence message. He reread the message again and again and felt bad to say no to Seungri. Even though they live in the same apartment and since that night, they were sharing same bed, yet Jiyong always wanted to spend his as much time with Seungri. He longed for him when Seungri was not with him. The feeling was strange and makes Jiyong scare to think what it could be. So he didn’t give much thought about his longing and considered it like it was nothing.

It was 10 pm when he reached his building. The exhibition was very boring. He really didn’t understand his boss. His boss looks cool and charismatic but his choice in music was boring and tonight sort of date was also boring as hell. He didn’t understand any of the art in there. It looks same to Jiyong but Choi Seunghyun kept on explaining the differences and significant which was going directly above his head. They spent three hour at the exhibition and then they headed towards a nice restaurant. The food was good and they had a nice talk regarding anything else apart from their office and work.

Jiyong was tired even though he didn’t do much. He saw youngbae came out from his building. He wondered what he was doing there. As far as he knew youngbae doesn’t live in that building.

“Hey Jiyong” youngbae greets him when they encounter near the entrance of his building.

“Hi… going back home?” Jiyong asked

“Yeah… It’s kinda late. Anyway you have a nice home Jiyong.” Youngbae said

“You’ve been to my apartment?” Jiyong asked. He saw youngbae few times in his office but he was not so close to have him at home. Unconsciously his mind linked him with Seungri and anger rose inside him.

“I was with Seungri till now… anyway goodnight…” youngbae said and without waiting for an answer he rushed home.

Jiyong was mad because Seungri invite some other person to his home without his knowledge. His apartment was the only place where he could feel Seungri to all himself without anyone coming between them. That’s why he never invites anyone to his apartment. Not even Cherin saw his apartment besides being such a nice neighbor whom they share evening snacks sometimes. 

He climbed towards his apartment feeling all angry. He opened the door and placed his shoe nicely at the shoe counter. He went inside and kept his bag on the sofa. Seungri was looking through some pictures he took and was looking happy making Jiyong

Please log in to read the full chapter