Part ONE

Wake up Ri
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

1.

The alarm clock was ringing in full volume at his perfect timing which was set last night by the owner but the owner was not aware of the alarm when it rang on time to do his job. Seungri annoyingly pushed the stop button of his alarm and went back to sleep. He forgot that today was his exam, his final exam of his college life. He planned to study whole night but he fell asleep after half an hour since he started studying.

“Hyung… wake up… you will be late to your exam…” Jinwoo, his help boy, shout from his door.

Seungri jerked open his eyes at the name of exam. He picked up the alarm clock which was besides his book and looked at the timing. Last night he fell asleep on the study table with piled of his books.

“Why didn’t you wake me earlier when you know that today is my exam? Go bring me coffee.” He shouts at Jinwoo.  “Why didn’t you do your work? You useless of alarm...” he muttered and threw that alarm clock in his dustbin which was under his study table.

He took shower in ten minute and quickly got dressed in a simple jeans and T-shirt with converse. That was his daily style; sweet and simple. He made his way to kitchen and his mom hands him coffee while Jinwoo placed his breakfast on the dining table. He quickly drank his coffee and left for college. His mom shouts after him for breakfast but he ignored her. He always ignored her because she was over caring that irritates him.

He reached college in his white Audi. He saw his friends, partners in crime, Jonghyun and Hara, near the gate. As always they were waiting for him. Hara was a good student so he didn’t ask her how much she studied. He asked Jonghyun and he was relief to know that Jonghyun was in same condition.

They went inside the exam hall and the atmosphere was deadly serious. Everyone was trying to revise what they studied before with one another. He took his seat which was five seats away from Jonghyun and nine seats away from Hara. He was disappointed with the seating arrangement. Now to whom he was going to ask for a help during his exam. The examiner came at the exact time.

The exam went as expected. He wrote whatever came into his mind without caring it was right or wrong. They all met at the canteen after their exam. Some were discussing regarding the paper and some were making plan for what they were going to do for the next one month holiday because their result was coming after one month. Hara told them her exam went well as he expected. Jonghyun said his exam didn’t go well and he said they will be together. He didn’t care about his result. He was happy that at least Jonghyun will be with him in flunk category. He always needs someone to be there with him in every situation. That makes him comfortable and secure.

They were informed that there was farewell party at night which was organized by his class president and it was in some club. They were happy to know that. It has been few weeks they went to club and they really missed it. They go to club a lot. Every weekend they end up in different club and sometimes during week day he and Jonghyun goes to club and missed their classes the next day. They direct went to mall to buy clothes to wear at party. He bought some jeans and T-shirts even though he had hundreds of them at home. He shops a lot but he never buys fashionable designer clothes even though he can afford those. He doesn’t like it.

The party started at 9:00 pm sharp and all graduating students were present. Everyone was enjoying. He saw Jonghyun was making his move towards one girl. He knew her. She was one of the hottie in his college which Jonghyun has crush but he knew Jonghyun was too good for her. Hara was busy talking with nerd group of their class so he left her on her own.

His favorite thing in this world was photography. He owned very expensive canon camera which he treasure and take with him where ever he go. He wandered around clicking photos of everyone, some were drunk, some were dancing, and some were just talking. At the corner, where the light was not so bright, he saw someone facing back towards him.

That person was physically there but seems like he was at some other place. He didn’t care about the party and the people there present. He was in his own world with his little notebook and old fountain pen.

Seungri clicked his photo and the flesh light startled that person. When Seungri once again click his camera button, he looked at him while covering his face.

“Hey, don’t take my photo. I don’t look good in photo.” That person said in a very friendly tone with a hint of embarrassment.

“No one look bad in photo.” Seungri replied still couldn’t see his face because the person was still covering his face with his small notebook.

“But I do.” That person said and removed his notebook from his face.

“I never saw you before in my college. I’m Seungri by the way.” Seungri said

“I’m Jiyong. I’m not from your college. I’m here with the organizer.” Jiyong said

“You mean the fatty Shindong?” Seungri asked. He never gets along with Shindong. They were neither friend nor enemy.

“He is not that fat.” Jiyong countered with a shy laugh.

“Are you his friend?” Seungri asked

“Yeah sort of... We’re from same place so I’m staying with him for a while.” Jiyong said

“In his dorm?” Seungri asked.

“Actually I came today itself in Seoul and he is the only one I know in this new city.” Jiyong said.

Jiyong was very simple and career oriented boy. He came to Seoul to achieve his dream as an editor of a very big magazine company and he was determined. Unlike Seungri he was less talkative and less people oriented people. He prefers to spend his time with book then with people. So right now he was not enjoying the crowd. He never goes to club but he couldn’t say no to Shindong when he asked him to tag along.

“You know me now.” Seungri said

“Yeah… Can we go somewhere else? I’m not comfortable here.” Jiyong said. He put his notebook in his bag and stood up to go.

“Of course... I’m also not enjoying here. Where do you want to go?” Seungri asked.

“Don’t get me wrong. When I asked you to go somewhere else, I didn’t mean in that way” Jiyong said.

“Then what did you mean?” Seungri teased in a y voice while holding Jiyong’s shoulder in gentle. Jiyong startled by his movement and took a step back.

“I didn’t mean in a wrong way... I’m not that type of guy.” Jiyong shuttered and Seungri laughed at his reaction… he is cute Seungri thought.

“I was just kidding… don’t worry… I’m also not that type of guy…” Seungri said with a hint of amusement.

They made their out of the club and both shivered when the cold air hit them. It was summer but the monsoon made the weather especially night very cold. They stood outside deciding where they should go in the middle of night.

“Where do you want to go?” Seungri finally asked when he couldn’t decide where to take Jiyong.

“I don’t know. You’re Seoul boy. You must know a place to hang out at this hour.” Jiyong said. He never been to Seoul before and he really didn’t have any idea about this new city.

They both started walking and talking simultaneously. It was mostly Seungri who talk and Jiyong listen. They walked for around half an hour and finally reached their destination, Pathway of Han River. The pathway was very beautiful, one side was river and the other side was filled with trees and greenery. It was so refreshing and the cold night air makes it more exciting to both of them. They sat on one bench which was placed on the side of pathway and talked whole night.

It was finally dawn when they decided to go back to their respective place. Since Jiyong was new, he didn’t know the way, Seungri sent him off till the dorm.

“It was nice meeting you and thanks for the lovely night.” Jiyong said with a beautiful smile. He was really glad and he had fun talking with Seungri.

“No need to thank. I had fun… can I get your number? I will invite you to some wild party.” Seungri asked. Party was his second favorite thing and he does party a lot.

“I don’t have my number yet but I can give you my email id.” Jiyong said.

“Who send email in this era?... anyway give me that.. Something is better than nothing...”  Seungri sounds like a brat that he was, but Jiyong doesn’t mind. He had learnt about him enough in the course of night.

Jiyong tore one paper from his small notebook and wrote down his email id. He hand it to Seungri. They bit goodbye to each other. Seungri made his way back home while Jiyong kept on looking at his retreat figure till it vanish from his sight. My first friend in Seoul, Seungri... Jiyong thought.

 

   ************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

The week went by quickly after that night. In this whole week Seungri kept on partying with his friend without any care in this world. He never care what his parents think, he never care what his help boy thinks. He always goes with his own rule which was irresponsible and immature.

He rarely sees his dad because they always clash their timing. During day time, Seungri would be sleeping or somewhere else while his dad would be at his office and at night he would be partying outside while his dad would be at home sleeping peacefully. His mom was another case. He tries his best to avoid her because she was overly caring and always pamper him like a small kid or rather teenager. He never likes it. Although he loves her but he never likes her personality. He always says “mom… you are too clingy.” And it ways hurts his mother but she never change.

He went to eat breakfast which was after a long and he saw his dad there reading news paper. He greets him while his mother was getting ready with their breakfast. He seldom interact with his parents and always give one or two word answer when ask him some question. He took out his Mac and start sending email to Jiyong. It has been a week and he kind of missed him.

Hey Jiyong,

What’s up?... how you doing in this new city? Want to join with me to pool party day after tomorrow?

Seungri here

He sent a brief letter which look like SMS rather than an email. But he was happy. He never sent email to anyone but he did today and he was proud of himself for his little effort.

When he was messing around in his Mac, his dad took his laptop and typed something. After few second later his dad passed his laptop showing a new model sport car on his wallpaper. He was confused with his dad’s gesture but he didn’t ask him.

“It will look good in our garage. Don’t you think so?” his dad said

“Dad, am I getting this?” he asked excitedly

“Work in my office for three month as an intern and you will see this car in our garage.” His dad said

“ten days” he bargained

“two month” his dad said

“fifteen days” he said

“one month. Take it or leave it.” His dad said and got up to leave for his office

“Ok.. one month.” He said. He really wanted that sport car and he thought he could deal for one month.

“see you in office.” His dad said

“You mean today?” he asked

“Why not” his dad said and left

Seungri cancelled his plan to hang out with his friend. He went to his room and searched in his huge closet to wear something decent in office. He called Jinwoo and asked him to suggest something to wear in office but whatever Jinwoo suggest, he reject by saying too boring. After one hour he decided to go in his usual, jeans and T-shirt.

He reached there and gave the key to watchmen to park it nicely. He looked at the enormous building from outside and sighed. It was theirs from the very beginning and he knew his father worked hard to stand this building but he never visit inside. When he pushed the entrance door, the receptionist eyed him suspiciously. He saw few people there at lobby and they all were nicely dressed unlike him, who looks like teenager looking for a part time job.

“How can I help you?” the receptionist lady asked him politely.

“Where is my dad?” he asked

“Dad?” the receptionist lady was confused

“Ohh… I mean Mr. Lee. I’m his son Seungri.” he said

“I’m so sorry… I didn’t recognize you. I didn’t know that Mr. Lee has such a handsome son. Anyway he is in meeting right now. You can wait for him in his cabin; It on the third floor, last room on the corridor.” she said.

“Thank you.” he said

“Shall I show you the way Mr. Lee?” she asked

“It’s ok. I can find my way and please don’t call me Mr. Lee. I feel like my dad. Just call me Seungri.” he said and left.

He went to his dad’s cabin and it was huge. He sneaked here and there for a while but he didn’t find anything interesting. So finally he took out his Mac and kept on looking at his wall paper. He saw an email notification and it was Jiyong’s reply.

Hey my first friend in this new city,

I’m good and I’m enjoying my time here. Earlier I used to scare to go to new places by my own but these days I feel like I can do anything. From the last few days I have been wandering around the city without any proper destination but always reached at some place which makes me amaze all the time.

I feel like a free bird exploring the wide sky with my own. I meet so

Please log in to read the full chapter