Prelude

The Rich Man's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

PRELUDE

 

"The couple were so in love with each other, and so, soon they got married. Both of them were happy with each other's company, but still, they felt as if their life was incomplete. They wanted a child—a child to complete their perfect family. The couple both wanted a daughter. So when the wife got pregnant, they were overjoyed. They were so sure that their child was going to be a girl as they had always dreamt of having their own little princess that they could spoil and tell everyone about. But although they were rich and had everything, they did not once visit a doctor to confirm whether their child was going to be a girl or a boy—They were so certain that their child was a girl," He paused and let out a shaky breath before he continued once again. "They only wanted a daughter anyways—"

"Just a daughter?" The seven-year-old boy repeated, a little taken aback. "But why? Don't they want a son too?"

"No," He shook his head wistfully, "They only wanted a daughter..."

"Keep going!" The boy demanded, excited to hear the rest of the story.

"And so, they gave everything that they had to prepare for their child's birth. They picked out the best clothes, bought all the things that their baby would need, and even decorated the room for their child. They, of course, bought most of the expensive stuff and all. It was only because they wanted the best for their one and only daughter. And finally, the day came when the wife was ready to give birth to their child. They were ecstatic and were ready to meet their beloved daughter. However, all of the excitement that they felt since that day they found out that the wife was pregnant, suddenly faded away—All because the doctor announced that their baby was a boy, instead of a baby girl—"

"What?" The boy gasped, "I thought they were going to have a baby girl too! So then, what happened next?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter