One

The Rich Man's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1

 

Fresh out of university, she was eager to get her first job. She had been in a lot of on job trainings during her time in university, but never actually got herself employed for the sake of spending her time studying. To her dismay, the world was not exactly as she envisioned it to be—One could not simply be hired in a whim just because she had the qualifications or the education requirements for it. What made it even harder for her was how her parents did not let any of their own companies to take her in. This meant that she would have to earn her own reputation by herself and through a different company. She struggled, fell, picked herself up again and again until she finally landed on her first job ever—as an assistant.

Again, her expectations were torn to pieces when all she did was attend to her superiors' needs, provide them with a mug of coffee, and run from one floor to another and then back again, passing paper work here and there. On her first few weeks of working, she cried her heart out, but her loveable niece, her sister's daughter, would always stay by her side and comfort her. She thought then that if she were to have her own daughter in the future, she would want to have a daughter like her niece. Sadly, even if she did get emotional support at home, the same could not be said whenever she would come in to work. Her parents saw her struggles and still had not given her the opportunity to work at their own companies. To them, that method was the best way for their daughter to learn.

And what was even worse was that she was hired at the wrong time. The company that she was working at was going through a crisis. She was never really informed of the details as she was merely an assistant—but running errands back and forth had its perks too. Because of her energy-draining job, she eventually had caught wind of the company's situation and every time she would learn new information, she would gather them and device a possible course of action to save the company. The only time that she was able to do this was during her lunch breaks or when she would arrive home—

"What are you doing?" Her superior asked her out of the blue. She was in the middle of writing down notes for the deciding meeting that would be taking place the next day. But because she was rushing and hoping that she would not get caught, she did not even notice someone dropping by where she was hiding. Unfortunately, of all people, it was her superior who discovered her. She swallowed thickly and was going to make up some excuse when her superior had gotten a hold of one of her folders. He scanned through it and read each page carefully. His eyes widened and went ahead addressing some of the changes that she should make on her notes. And just like that, time had passed and the two found themselves working together in her lonesome office cubicle.

"I would make sure to present this for tomorrow's meeting. I am positive that this will save our company!" Her superior exclaimed, all pumped up. She found herself smiling at the fact that she got to see him in such high spirits. That was one of the things that she noticed upon stepping inside the building on her first day—everyone looked like undead zombies that one would see in games or horror movies. She was glad that even if nothing had been done yet, someone still believed in her work and effort. "S-So… Would you like to eat dinner with me?" Her superior asked her, snapping her out of her thoughts. Her cheeks were quick to change in colour because of his words, but she did nod her head, not wanting to leave him hanging.

Work aside, she enjoyed her superior's company. He took her to a nearby restaurant and treated her to dinner even though she kept insisting that she would pay her part. Ultimately, because he used the 'I am your boss' card on her, she did not have the choice, but to let him do what he wanted. And while they ate dinner and spoke, she found him quite funny and clever contrary to how he appeared when they were in the office. Every now and then, he would crack a joke and she would laugh really loud no matter how corny his jokes were. By the end of the night, they exchanged numbers and he called a taxi for her and waited until she got on before he went home himself.

 

 

On the next day, the entire company rejoiced. It took her by surprise when her superior visited her quiet cubicle and announced that because of her, their company was saved. Ever since then, she was not treated the same. Together with her previous superior, they led the company to a greater direction. The business flourished and they gained their names within the business companies—not because she was the daughter of already famous business leaders. Soon enough, they also reigned over the other companies and even renamed the company under the man's name. She, too, like the company's name, got his name after he asked for her hand in marriage and had their wedding abroad with the help of both sides of the family. Her parents and as well as the man's parents were more than happy to hear about their relationship at first—In fact, they were quite surprised. It was revealed to them only on their engagement party by their parents that they were arranged to get married a long time ago. But since they already found each other and fell in love on their own, their parents were even more excited and proud of how things worked out for the best of their interests.

Due to their parents' need to intervene, the wedding that they had was special. Only those that were cordially invited were able to attend their extravagant wedding. But exorbitant or not, the couple did not care. They only needed one another and to be finally wedded. When he kissed her at the end of the ceremon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter