1/1

(Special Oneshot) From Roommate to Lover

Jaejoon bit his lips while watching the colourful TV screen. His hands began to sweat tremendously; he even could feel the sweat’s flow on his palms if that’s possible. He was nervous, anxious beyond imagination. A pair of eyes fixed on him currently.

“Hyung.” Jaejoon startled, almost jumped in his seat.

“Y-yeah?” His cheeks turned rosy to his own cracking voice. The pale guy beside him chuckled and leaned closer. Jaejoon gulped. “Why?”

“Should we make something fun today?” A big smile directed towards him and Jaejoon knew he drowned deep down in the wave of giddy ocean because of that smile.

“What?” Jaejoon gasped when a warm and sharp chin placed on his shoulder. His eyes snapped towards the big brown eyes of him. His roommate.

“Well, I have learning something from Hyeryeong so I want to try.” Jaejoon blinked to the mentioned name. When he was to say something, the intimacy between them made him break into another good amount of anxiety and losing his breath. The hot air from his nostrils fanned his cheeks, making it redder than earlier.

“W-what, what did you learnt from her?” Jaejoon cursed inside for such a stupid stutter he done. Looking at the nervous Jaejoon, the pale guy giggled before retreating.

“What do you think I’m going to do, hyung?” Jaejoon stared at the other dumbly. “She taught me to cook galbijjim, you said you like that. So I’m thinking to make it for you today.” He got up; Jaejoon was staying still with his eyes on the younger. “And there’s no grocery left in our house, so mind to accompany me to the supermarket?” He turned, giving his sweet smile for Jaejoon. The smile that Jaejoon wouldn’t hesitate to kill anyone who made that smile disappeared. Jaejoon nodded dumbly and replied too excitedly making himself blushed again as the younger giggled.

“Come.” The younger extended his hand. Jaejoon stared at the hand before taking it shyly. The younger just smiled and led the elder to the room, getting ready for their tiny date to the supermarket.

 

 

“So, which part you love the most is hyung?”

“It’s up to you, Takuya. I don’t mind.” Jaejoon was looking somewhere else as he was caught staring at the younger. Takuya just smiled knowingly before tapping his puffing cheek – his usual act when he was thinking. Jaejoon took a glance when the moving finger caught his attention. A growing smile formed before he looked away quickly when the younger looked at him.

“You like meat more or bone more?” Jaejoon wrinkled and turned to the younger. His breath stuck in his throat when he saw a beautiful sight of the amazing guy beside him. Jaejoon cleared his throat when he felt stares from the meat’s ajusshi. Jaejoon quickly gave a smile to the elder.

“Give me two servings of meat that suitable for galbijjim, ajusshi.” The elder male just nodded as his eyes fell on Takuya before doing his job. Jaejoon turned when Takuya poked him.

“Why you don’t answer my question, hyung?” Jaejoon looked at the younger and giggled lightly. Takuya furrowed his brows and chewed his bottom lips, a bit displeased. Jaejoon smiled.

“Galbijjim is better with meat, not bone. You’re somehow asking a weird question, Takuya.” Jaejoon explained. Takuya pouted, a slight blush appeared on his cheek.

“I dunno.” Jaejoon brought his hand and ruffled the bronze lock. Takuya startled.

“It’s okay; you’re being in Korea for just a short time. This is the first you’re trying to cook by yourself, right?” Jaejoon said warmly. He pulled his hand and took the plastic bag the ajusshi gave. He thanked him. Takuya was watching, his heart was paced up. The warmth sure pulled his heartstrings, wanting for more. Jaejoon looked at Takuya when the younger wasn’t following him. “Takuya?” Takuya blinked and quickly caught to Jaejoon. Jaejoon just smiled.

“It’s nice.” Takuya said when they’re leaving the supermarket after making the payment. It wasn’t far from the apartment they rented so they just walked. Jaejoon turned slightly to the other.

“What?”

“Walking with you.” A blush crept on Jaejoon’s cheeks again. Seriously with the younger, he could never have a normal colour on his cheeks and sometimes his ears. He might be older but he’s not good with people. Lee Jaejoon is an introvert before he met Takuya, or more exact before Takuya came into his life as his new roommate. He didn’t earn much with his webtoon (Jaejoon is a webtoon cartoonist) and can’t afford to pay the rent by himself. That’s how Takuya ended up staying with him after he put up a poster of finding a quiet roommate (but quiet is not applicable for Takuya at all).

Jaejoon choked with his own breath when Takuya’s hand slipped into his, intertwining their fingers. He didn’t dare to look at Takuya, he was very sure he’s red like tomato right now. Meanwhile Takuya was smiling ear to ear, happy with the warmth in his palm. “Hyung.”

“N-neh?” Jaejoon stuttered after few seconds delayed. Takuya stopped walking and pulled Jaejoon to stop also. They stopped walking but Jaejoon didn’t turn, looking away. Takuya smiled.

“Could we just stop avoiding it? We know much that-”

“I’m afraid.” Jaejoon turned. Their eyes met. Takuya’s smile slowly faded. “The weight of reality-” Jaejoon’s words were cut off when Takuya suddenly hugged him.

“I’m more afraid to keep doing this. To keep like we’re fine. Hyung, do you know that how much I want to say I-”

“I like you.” Jaejoon cut off. Takuya hugged him tighter.

“I love you, hyung. I love you that it begins to hurt because I can’t say it out loud. We…we’re being too cautious with everything. Can’t…can’t we be selfish a little bit?” Jaejoon stiffened. His heart swelled to the sincere confession. They had been avoiding talking about this after Jaejoon’s fight with his ex-girlfriend and Takuya’s indirect confession at the bus stop. They knew they have feelings for each other but they’re afraid to bring it up and keep no effort on talking it out. At first, the younger didn’t want to touch about that issue too – he thought that’s the best for their friendship and future. But slowly, he grew tired and back to himself – bolder on seducing the elder. Takuya knew Jaejoon attached to the weight of reality thinking about their future but he’s not. All he cares, he wanted to keep the elder by his side with a definite relationship, as a couple if you’re asking.

Jaejoon loosened the hug and cupped the younger’s cheeks. In flash without giving time for the younger to recover, Takuya felt a pair of lips on his. He blinked few times before slowly immersed into the sweetness and tenderness of the elder. Takuya closer his eyes, pulling the other closer not caring about the plastic bags in his hands or even those in Jaejoon’s hands. They kissed like their life depending on it. Pulling back, Jaejoon breathed out with his eyes lowered. Takuya opened his eyes, exhaling at the same time. “You don’t know how much I…you drive me crazy these days.”

Their eyes met. “What did I do?” Takuya asked with a faking innocent tone. Jaejoon sighed and kissed him again, short. “Hyung.”

“Just know that even you stay there silently, you succeed to take my breath away.” Jaejoon connected their forehead. Takuya stared deep into the elder’s eyes. “I love you too.”

Takuya smiled. “I love you three.” Jaejoon chuckled. His eyes formed a crescent with his smile before a glint of worry covered the cloud in his eyes. Takuya sensed that and he could guess the next words.

“Is it okay? Okay for us? It’s going to be hard and we couldn’t be opened as much as we want…I don’t know what to-” Takuya silenced him with a kiss. Jaejoon startled and his blush returned. Takuya pulled back and smiled.

“As long as we’re together and living together, that’s the best. Because I have you and you have me. That’s more than enough. It’s better to have each other. It’s suffocating when we kept ignoring this topic. I…just want us to be honest and together.” Takuya said. Jaejoon looked at him, still with worries. Takuya exhaled and pecked on the nose. Jaejoon blinked. “Let’s just love each other from now on. It’s okay to have just two of us in our world. That’s enough.”

“Takuya.”

“Yes?”

“Be my lover.”

“With pleasure.” Jaejoon smiled wider. He never imagined that he had the courage to ask that to the younger. He didn’t know he was that brave, but he was glad. He was glad he asked, so he won’t be hiding his feelings anymore. And he admitted Takuya is right. Be honest is better and having each other is the best. They walked again, hand in hand and full-bloomed smile on each other lips.

“Takuya.”

“Em.”

“I never thought a roommate can be a lover.” Takuya chuckled. He inched closer and whispered.

“Believe it or not, I love you, my roommate.” Jaejoon blushed with tiny smile on his lips.


A/N: Hey Dolls! So it's here. Hm, I know it's short but I hope you like it anyway. I use a little bit here and there of The Lover plot as reference but just to remind you this comes from me purely. I know it's short and if I have time, I will try to write more about them later (I have tons of other stories to write and finish, huhu). Anyway, I love The Lover so much and one of the reasons is this couple. The clueless, dumb and secrecy Joonjae sure pulled my heartstring to just love their story, beside Takuya...oh, I didn't feel he actually likes Joonjae since the beginning and his words at the bus stop sure made me squeals hard. Aigoo, just if you're telling it earlier...but anyway, I love the ending still (even I want more). Okay, I will stop rambling. Again give this couple a lot of loves and Cross Gene too. See you soon, Dolls! COMMENTS ARE LOVED~