Sick

THE TRUTH IN A LIE

“Baekhyun,I’m sorry.I thought you like him.Sorry for being such a trouble for you.I promise I won’t talk about that anymore.”.I said as I was leaning against his door.I knocked his door several times but he wouldn’t respond.So I talked to him anyway.I knew he listened to every words I said.

Suddenly he opened the door harshly.I was about to fall but he managed to catch me and help me to stand back on my feet.

“Good that you know.And one more thing,I don’t like you being too close with Chanyeol.”

“But why?He’s your friend.Why we couldn’t be friend?He’s nice.”

“Of course he was nice.He likes you,that’s why!”,Baekhyun yelled on my face.

He knew about that?But why should he get angry?His face turned all red and it’s scary.

“Why would you yell at me now?Is it my fault that he likes me?Just so you know,we are only friend.Like D.O and Chen.Stop being overprotective over me.”

“You’re my sister and I have every right to tell you what to do.”

“I’m not your puppet.I have a right on myself.So don’t act like you know everything.”

He stared at me intensely,waiting to explode.

“Fine.I wouldn’t  bother a thing about you starting from now on.So you don’t ever try to bother about me either.”,He stated and closed the door with a slam.   

Since then,Baekhyun give me a cold shoulder.He refused to talk and I was too afraid to ask.It was partially my fault for saying those things to him.I know he was concerned about me,his one and only sister.I think I should ask for his forgiveness.

“Don’t worry,he’s always like that.He wouldn’t stay mad at you for a long time.”,Mrs Byun comforted me but I don’t feel like talking.

Two days had passed and we still didn’t make up.

I’m worried about him.What if he gets sick?This is all because of me.I shouldn’t have made that stupid assumptions.He really meant what he said,he really ignore me.We would meet at school occasionally but he wouldn’t even glance at me.

So I met Chanyeol during recess in his class and told him all.

“He rarely talks to me,too.I think he was mad at me.We spend too much time together,maybe he thought that you were abandoning him.And you always refuse to go home with him nowadays since you were visiting your sister.Just spend more time with him.”

I nodded at his reasoning.Since Chanyeol was the only one to know about my disguise,we’re quite close but it’s nothing like Baekhyun thought.

Just then,Baekhyun came in and he stared at us once before he went outside right away.

“Oppa,wait!”,I yelled as I ran after him.He ignored me and kept walking.

I managed to grab his arm but he pushed me away.I grabbed his arm once again but this time he yanked me so hard that I fall on my .

I hissed in pain and he turned to me in panic.He kneeled beside me.

“Are you okay?”,He asked while helping me to stand.My legs went weak and I was about to fall again but Baekhyun held me tight in his arms.

“I can’t walk.It hurts too much.”,I said while rubbing my sore waist.

In the end,he piggyback me to the gate and called over our driver to pick us home.He even helped me to get into my room.

“Oppa,I’m sorry.”,I said as he pulled the blanket over me.

“Don’t say anything.Just rest for now.”,He didn’t even look at me.

“I have many things to say to you.”,I pushed on.

Baekhyun sighed as he put a hand on his waist and his eyes never left me.

“I have nothing to hear from you.”,He replied and try to leave but I grabbed his shirt end.He didn’t look back but he removed my hand slowly from his shirt and left.

He must hate me a lot.Without I realized,I cried.I don’t know why but I feel sad when he ignore me like this.I feel so unwanted and lonely.

I hoped he will come and look after me from time to time but he never come.Only Mr and Mrs Byun that will look after me.

After two days I skipped school,I decided to attend school eventhough my head keep throbbing in pain.

“Are you sure you want to go to school?I think you looks pale.Why don’t you rest for another day?”,Mrs Byun tried to console me.I shook my head as disagreement.

“It’s okay,mom.I’m alright now.”,I forced a smile.

“Okay then.”,She sighed in defeat.

“But you have to go by yourself.Baekhyun had left already.He looks tired too.He hasn’t sleep well lately.”,She added.

“Why?”

“You don’t know?I guess you had already slept when he came in.”

“I don’t understand.”,I frowned.

“He was the one to look after you every night since you were sick.He usually came into your room after you had slept and leave before you wake up.He said he didn’t want to disturb you.”

Okay.Now I think I owe him a lot.He’s been taking care of me but I accused him for not taking care of me.Idiot.I need to talk to him.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

I searched for him everywhere but he was nowhere to be seen.I saw D.O on my way and I stopped by.

“Hey,Ji Hyun.”,D.O greet me with a smile and I smiled back.

“Hey.Err..Have you seen Baekhyun?”,I asked.

He shrugged.

“No.After Math class he disappeared right away.Chen was looking for him too.I think maybe he went to the library.He always go there when he’s bored.”

“Thanks.”,I forced a smile but he frowned when he stared at me.

He hold my shoulder with his left hand and placed the back of his right hand on my forehead.I froze on my place seeing his weird gesture.

“Hey,I think you had a fever.Your temperature are very high.And you look pale,too.”,He commented after he removed his hand.

I closed my eyes for a moment when I feel a stinging pain in my head.It keeps throbbing and I bit my lower lips to suppress the pain.

“I’ll go to the clinic now.Thanks anyway.”, I said as I escaped from him.I wasn’t thinking of going to clinic at all.I want to see Baekhyun but the pain is getting stronger.

I feel that my face was getting hotter by minute and I feel like fainting right now.I can’t see him like this.He will get sick if he  come near me.I must hide for now.

Suddenly,I feel nauseous.I leaned to the wall near a window for awhile. However,it come and I vomited through the window.Lucky that there were a drain outside so I didn’t trouble anyone.I use my fist to hit my chest several time to stop the pain.

As I turned around,I saw Baekhyun was walking towards me.Concern was written all over his face.

“Why are you vomiting?Are you sick?Why bother to come if you’re not well?”,He asked when he arrived infront of me and he pat my back gently.

I bit my lips again when I felt a sharp pain in my head.

“D.O said you were looking for me.What is it that you want to talk about?”

I can’t talk to him now.He will get sick.I must escape.I yanked away his hand from me.

“I have nothing to say,oppa.I was just asking where you were.Leave me alone.”,I said as I walked backwards slowly.

“You’re sick.Let’s go to the hospital.”,Baekhyun followed my step and he tried to reach out for my hand.

I was walking backward without looking and I ended up collided with someone and that someone hold me by my shoulder.

I turned to that person and figured out it was Chanyeol.

“Why did your body feels so warm?Are you sick?”,He asked and I shook my head.

“Chanyeol,I have something to say.Bring me away from here.”,I whispered to Chanyeol half awake as I feel my body getting weaker.I was practically leaning to him as a support.

“Don’t be like this.Come with me first.”,Baekhyun grabbed my hand again,trying to take me with him.

“Don’t touch me.”,I struggled from his grip but I was too weak.I can barely open my eyes now.

Suddenly I felt lighter and everything become dark.I can only remember falling into an embrace and the voice that calls for my name.